Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Monday, March 1

O My LIl' Donkey Frens...Hippity Hoppity Easter's on Its Way...

Banner Haus News and Musings

Some visitors don't like being called donkey frens. Even got emails about it! Comments, too!

It pulled me up short, got me to thinking. Yes, I can see their point. It IS insulting...TO MY BELOVED DONKEYS.

Hee haw. I got the bit between my teeth, as we say way out West. Now, now, soothe yr hides and stop stompin' those lil' hooves...

A Question:

Someone recently told me that the Easter Bunny LAYS the eggs. Rubbish! He OBTAINS the eggs somehow. Now, I agree, he DYES them, paints them, etc. But he does not lay eggs. Or does he? So far, I'm in the minority with my view of him somehow obtaining them. 

Here is a postcard of someone here in Texas ridin' a lil' baby jackrabbit. This poor feller is much too small to be the Easter Bunny. Somebody needs to give him a big ol' plate of Texas Carrot BBQ, try to unpunify him.



Vintage Postcard Freebie:

Colorized French Easter postcard, featuring a darling lil' gal. Click the picture to make a larger version load. Right-click any picture to make a menu appear, then choose one of the Save commands to save it on yr own computer.

26 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Cindy

    oH I don't mind me being called a donkey, you can pretty much call me anything, just not late for supper. lol. little donkeys are kinda cute. Take care, I like your new blog.

  • Mary | Deep South Dish

    Don't care whatcha call me, so long as it is friend. :)

  • Carmen S.

    I think the Easter bunny has his own herd of chickens that lay the eggs for him, then HE colors them and delivers them:)

  • ★Carol★

    Good Morning fren! I never heard that about the bunny laying the egss, and frankly I find that very disturbing. Did these people tell you how he supposedly got impregnated with these eggs???

  • ClassyChassy

    Zowie - that is one giant rabbit! Texas Size, fer sher!!! HEE-HAWWW!

  • Debra

    Love the jack rabbit!! and yu are right! The Easter bunny gets those eggs form a nother source!!

  • Amrita

    Hee Haw Holly, I don' t mind being called a donkey, I prefer it to being called a snake, scorpion or shark etc.
    Now I know where"Honey I 've Shrunk the Kids" drew its inspiration from. I saved this one.

    Its pretty warm here I have my ceiling fan on. Summer has arrived booo....hoo.

  • Anvilcloud

    Graphics like the Easter Bunny one in this post: are they original or do you create them?

  • sjhackney

    Calling me a donkey fren is just fine, cause I'm a donkey most the time and I really like being your fren. I always get a kick out of seeing those Texas postcards. Enjoy the day, Sally.

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    donkey fren is good....jack ass is bad. there's a difference~

  • Holly, the Old Western Gal

    O Corgidogmama...sometimes, in my lil' world, there ain't a whole lotta difference between some of my donkey frens and plain ol' jackasses...hee haw...

    Anvilcloud! Unless I say I drew it, I didn't draw it and it's a *vintage, copyright-free* image from the brush or pen of a long-ago and much more talented artist.

  • Knitty

    Perhaps the Easter Bunny was an unsuccessful comic before becoming the E.B. and he did in fact lay a few eggs before being pelted with rotten tomatoes. :-D

  • Anonymous

    I think the Easter Bunny is an artist and just colors the eggs....that's why we have Easter chicks around too.....never heard of a bunny laying eggs...love the graphic with the cowboy riding the jackrabbit....so very Texas

  • OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts

    Ya know my lovely fren.....somebody is always gonna bitch and moan or bray and tell ya the hay is stale. gitty up, who gives a flying cow chip? I love being part of the insanity here no matter the venacular. Yous a sweetie pie, with a flail and we, the ones who don't pick up cow chips, think whateva is cleva.
    Having raised rabbits for a brief insane period of my adult life, I know that there are only two things that bunnies lay.....bunny berries...ugh....and a bee line to another bunny. Them donkeys been at the loco weed who think the easter rabbit lays eggs...he's got a herd of free range enchanted chickens don't ya know.

  • Anonymous

    I saw these images and thought about you today!

    Would love a tutorial on how to change the author comment to a different color...I see you figured it out!

    Your long lost donkey fren....Tammy...

    http://mariesfreebies.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post_6061.html

    http://mariesfreebies.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post_1956.html

    http://mariesfreebies.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post_10.html

  • Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage

    I've been called a donkey before. Doesn't bother me in the least! There are much worse things to be called than that. Besides, I think donkeys are rather cute.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

  • Country Whispers

    I will answer to any ol name so it doesn't matter to me either.
    I would have to agree the bunny gathers the eggs!

  • Gwen

    Call me what eva ya want, just make sure to call me.

    I have never thought about the whole which came first, the bunny or it's eggs rabble. I will have to go ask them wild bunnies in my yard. I noticed a new one this week and it made me laugh. He/she is all white except for a black ring around the eye. The poor thing looks like it has been punched. (hmm, maybe that it why it is living at our house now)

  • Dawn

    Poor Easter Bunny! If that rumor were true, can you imagine, I mean he is male bunny isn't he? Even if bunnies did lay eggs...

    My children can answer this one for you. WE supply the eggs, already dyed, so he doens't stain his purdy fur.

  • Marjorie (Molly) Smith

    Holly, some folks just have to have something to be upset about. Too d**n much political correctness running around...What is wrong with being called a Donkey fren? They are cute, h*** you can even call me a jackass if you like. Nothing wrong with a jackass either. Some folks just got too much time on their hands...
    Love your rabbits, silly rabbit laying eggs is for chickens...not rabbits.
    Molly

  • Crystal

    I'm with you, Holly. The Easter Bunny colors and delivers the eggs - only!

    I've heard people speak of the bunny laying eggs, but I figure they must have eaten one too many jelly beans. ;-)

    Hugs,
    Crystal

  • Angela

    Hey Holly!

    I know the Easter Bunny doesn't lay eggs! I've never heard that one! lol He does bring eggs though. He probably gets them from ClassyChassy's chickens! I would think?

    Hugs,
    Angela

  • strawberrycream39

    Now how could the Easter Bunny lay eggs?? That's a good one! My some people are silly!

  • SueLovesCherries

    Hey, if someone don't like being called a donkey, they have no right to be here, and absolutely NO right to complain about it! I like the term - it's quite endearing!

    Now, if that's a baby jackrabbit, I'd hate to run into its mommy!

    We love you, Holly, don't ever change!

  • Julia

    I rather like being called a little donkey. I kinda thought it was a sweet name for all us mule-like people out here. Call me mule, donkey, horse. It matters not!

    I am sure you realize that I've been called a stubborn ass on many occasions...

  • Doris Sturm

    I never heard of the easter bunny actually laying the eggs - he just colors them, as y ou said, and delivers them by hiding them...he's a cheeky little fella ;-)

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...