Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Wednesday, March 24

Is the Cup Half-Full, Half-Empty, Or Undoubtedly Poisoned?


Banner Haus News and Musings

I have written and tweeted about unpleasant things at work, but it occurs to me that I tend to take the unpleasantries to heart, and forget the good encounters. I get a nice amount of smiles, thank-yous, and chitchat, too, among the dreadful happenings of gropings, kicks, and insults. Elderly ranchers drop by the aisles and talk a bit about "the old days," always declaring sheepishly after a bit that they know I couldn't be interested, but indeed I am. Elderly gals seek me out and say "You have a sweet face," which is very gratifying to hear.

~~~~~~~

Lots of anger out there lately, political anger. I'm staying in my stall! Someone pass me a daisy, I ain't comin' out till some sunshine washes the anger away.

Quote

I have never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as a cause for withdrawing from a friendship.
      ~Thomas Jefferson

Free Vintage Image

Right-click to save this "transparent" image. Not sure why, but that lil' suitcase or picnic basket the chick's got there really grabbed my heart.

19 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Lynn Barbadora

    Love that! Thanks Holly!
    Hugs,
    Lynn

  • Bernie

    What a wonderful quote, we all would do well to remember it. Be careful out there sweetie, a smile is a blessing......:-) Hugs

  • The Joy of Nesting

    OWG Rosey here,

    Well you know you do have a "sweet face"!! You have what my Italian Grandma use to call "cute squishable cheeks" just like mine were in the olden days before all those character lines set up homesteading rights!! :) Oye but by the time grandma and all the tias got done with the cheek squishing I was thinking a couple of lovely high cheek bones would be rather chic and far less uncomfortable!! ((G)) :)

    I hear ya little sister, but I think all ya can do is keep your head down, keep smiling and wait em out. I can feel the sour karma all the way down here!!!

    Pattie ;)
    Mazatlan Mx.

  • rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her

    I've been staying in my stall (mostly) too. I have friends of many "persuasions" (and we have GREAT discussions), yet -lately - passions need to flare down a bit before true discussion can be engaged again, methinks.

    Have a sweet day. Plant some sunshine. Share a smile. And ... here's a Daisy.

  • Carmen S.

    I'm glad you get nice folks mixed in with the bad, I was starting to think Hallmark was the job from hell!!! All I will say about politics is this, what ever happened to "WE THE PEOPLE?"
    You do have a sweet face and your the sweetest of the sweet and I just love ya:)

  • Debra

    You do have a sweet face! and a sweet personality to match! Love the chick graphic!

  • sjhackney

    Thanks for the Jefferson quote Holly and the chicks in a basket. That basket looks almost like mine. Keep smiling. Sally

  • Amrita

    I second T Jefferson.

    We may have differences of opinion but we can still be friends....find common interests
    Glad to read about the hapy incidents at work. Good fer ya Holly.....wow those macho ranchers.Hmmm....hmmmmm.......hmmmmm just kidding.


    Ph those colorful eggs.

  • Amrita

    I should get an award for typos. I type with 3 fingers and one eye.

  • Stitchesnstrokes

    Love the chicks, Holly. And so true...we all put our pants on one leg at a time. I have friends from every walk of life, love 'em all! :)

  • Ms Sparrow

    You suffer abuse while you handle greeting cards?
    I'm so sorry to hear that because you certainly don't deserve to be treated like that! It's not Hooters for crying out loud!

  • Faith

    Trying to keep it simple here....whew it gets hard though....everybody has an opinion about something don't they? Like the ol folks, they see things in a different lite, and generally have smile on their faces ( I said generally now). They have been thru more, and came out on the other side...they have a different perspective about things...they give me hope...them ol timers.....

  • ★Carol★

    Oh my goodness, a little chickie in an old metal picnic basket!!! I love it, and thank you!
    I'm right next to you hanging out in that stall. Munching on some hay, in order to keep my mouth shut. My husband and I get pretty heated when we discuss the current politic topic, and we agree on it! So I'll just munch away....

  • Anvilcloud

    Not a bad idea to stay in your stall. Trouble is that everyone thinks they're right when I know that I am.

  • Doris Sturm

    I guess I would be one of the elderly gals telling you about your "sweet face" and that's why people love to talk to you.

    Herer's the Daisy - come out now and play! The sun is shining, the birds are chirping and the honey bees are buzzing in the blossoms - it's a beautiful day :-)
    Love,
    Doris

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    Ahhh, you're sweet to the tip of yer fuzzy black slippers that you like to wear to work so much!
    Love, love, love todays graphic. Wow, the colors are so good~just like freshly dyed Easter eggs.
    Too sweet for yer own good, are you...little dickens!
    I agree, unless you want a major war raged...don't discuss politics, especially today!!!

  • Knitty

    Too many people look to find differences rather than similarities. The differences make us interesting and differing ideas should help us find solutions that work for the majority. Right now much of society seems to be partisan in everything, not just in politics.

  • Denise Marie

    Holly, keep smelling the beautiful fresh grass and looking at the pretty flowers and butterflies and bees.

    I'd love to buy a blog header and have it customized with a beagle or bunny running thru the middle but I can't figure out how. I do see a gorgeous set with brown/cream roses? Is that all to pick right now. I'd love it, just wonder what I am not seeing.

  • Nydia

    I gues we tend to take the good things for granted and to highlight the bad things, simply and logically because they hurt, . But I never considered you this kind of person. Your page is ful of your sharp sense of humour I love, and you always have a sweet word > and yes, you do have such a sweet face, you know!
    It's a friendship I learned to love and respect, and cherish.

    Kisses from us.

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...