Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Monday, March 29

Old Western Squirrel and Some Easter Lambs

Banner Haus News and Musings

I'd like to fly into a rant, but dearies, I'm trying to be a good lil' donkey...and my rants are always the same, getting fired up over unpleasant bloggie backgrounds and suchlike...it's lucky there's no webcam on this computer, because I'm afraid most of the images would be of me crossing my eyes and grimacing at frens' bloggies...

Which brings me to a confession: I was having a lovely time making faces and "squirrel noises" at what I thought was just a screen at the bank drive-thru...turns out it was a new two-way display, and the poor worker in the bank was having to see my horrid antics...I am NEVER going thru that branch again, fer fear they'll recognize me.

Quote

In the Spring, I have counted 136 different kinds of weather inside of 24 hours.
~Mark Twain


FREE Vintage Easter Images

Some have been bleating for images featuring lambs. I do love them, and not with mint sauce, thank'ee. Have you seen them play? They jump so cutely.

This first image shows a long-ago artist's depiction of a happy lamb carrying a basket. Very nice! Look at that lamb tail hanging down. "Two shakes of a lamb's tail" -- might take some time with one that lengthy.

The second image shows some rather odd children and their flower-bedecked lambs.


Regular-click to make this load up a much larger image.


24 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Bernie

    OMG Holly I can just see you making faces into the camera....well at least no one will recognize you when you have your normal face on my friend......this is funny.

    Love the little lambs....could never eat lamb ever.....

    Have a happy Monday.......:-) Hugs

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    Can't wait for the ewes to have their young. We keep driving by the sheep pastures. Baby lambs...is anything cuter? Well, maybe a grandbaby, I guess.
    Love your pictures for today. Lamb lovers will be happy~
    You...making faces....well, I never would have expected that outta you! (that...even made the corgi kids giggle!)

  • Simply Debbie

    HELLO HOLLY,
    I JUST REALIZED THESE CARDS DID NOT SAY FREE IMAGES SO I OWE YOU 2.00.
    I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT DOING A BLOG MAKEOVER FOR SIMPLY DEBBIE......I WISH I COULD FIND TREES LIKE IN THE SNOW I HAVE NOW BUT BRIGHT GREEN GRASS AND GREEN BUDDED TREES....
    I HAVE MISSED TALKING TO YOU...I HAVE BEEN VERY ANGRY AND I DID NOT WANT TO PUT THAT ON YOU WITH ALL YOUR WORRIES. AMY ALWAYS DECORATED EGGS AND PUT HATS AND SUCH ON THEM AND THEN SENT THEM OUT ON HER PHONE WITH THE PICTURES TO ALL HER FRIENDS AND THEY WOULD SEND BACK PICTURES OF THEIRS...SHE HAD SO VERY MUCH FUN.
    LOVE AND HUGS
    SIMPLY DEBBIE

  • Lois Christensen

    That is too funny! I'm sure they enjoyed it! And I agree about some of the blogs that I read take FOREVER to load! Sometimes I just read them in my Google reader and when I want to comment, I just give up. You need to remind people again how to check how their blogs load, and then they should remove some things to make them load easier. I hope mine loads okay! And yes, arthritis is quite painful. But I finally have an answer as to why I've been so achy lately. Enjoy your day!

  • Amrita

    cute graphics.

    Next time I step near a an ATM machine I will make faces at the camera too....maybe it will shell out extra cash.LOL.

    No one can beat Mark Twain.

    I need to go out to buy stuff, but I am feeling so lazy because of the heat.

    Got my small air convector cooler started cooler, so it was bearable in the afternoon.

  • Amrita

    I hope you are not hinting at my blog. I visit one blog where they have a line up of ugly horrible paintings. I hate them, but she is a disabled person so I sometimes drop a comment , when I can bear the paints a bit. These are not her paintings, but works of ( according to me ) demented artists.

  • rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her

    ... oh, to be that bank teller! :D

  • Debra

    Oh My Holly! That is so funny!
    I love the lamb graphics!! I don't like them with mint sauce either! Couldn't eat a lamb chop if I was paid to!!

  • ClassyChassy

    Only YOU, Holly - funny lady! Love the lambs for Easter - the first is my favorite!

  • Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage

    'Morning Holly,
    Love your little sheep graphic! He's going on my blog today. You couldn't pay me to eat a lamb for dinner!! Thank you and have a wonderful day with no rants.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

  • sjhackney

    I always like a quote from Mark Twain. Thanks for starting my great sunny day. Sally

  • Carmen S.

    I love soft baby lambs:) I would LOVE to be a lil' fly on the wall at that bank...LOL!!!!

  • Holly, the Old Western Gal

    NO NO THE IMAGES ARE FREE!!! WAH! FREE FREE FREE!

    I'm very lazy about posting my "fer sale" ones...everything here is FREE. Thank'ee.

  • ★Carol★

    I started going to a different branch of our bank when one day I dropped the tube at the drive-through and it rolled under the car. It was a big production, and I ended up having to pull forward to get at the tube, and the yahoo behind me wasn't paying attention and pulled up, thinking I was done with my transaction, and the car behind him pulled up. I had to then get those two cars to back up. Very embarrassing, but at least I wasn't making faces at the window! HeeHee!

  • Stitchesnstrokes

    Good Heavens, when we start actually using the web cams is the day I'll unplug! LOL There's cameras everywhere these days, never thought of making faces at them. Some already think I'm nuts....maybe they are right! LOL Love the little lamb, Holly, I really need to attend to my blog.... Just been too busy with other things these days!

  • Ms Sparrow

    Thank you for the lambs. They are one of the most charming images of spring.
    Could you let us know what kind of blog pages are the most annoying? I sometimes wonder if mine is too overdone with images.

  • Denise Marie

    Girl...you drive right back over there and make nice with the 2 way camera and drive off giggling!!

    Awaiting invoice and please, please, please tell me what ya think of my final blog decor. I am between the green and a more soothing cream background. I have to have the * in the header or it won't show the banner.

    Beagle barks and annoying licks.

  • Rosemary

    Hi Holly,
    I would like to see you making faces.
    Yes, Jake will be getting a big basket for Easter.
    You have a wonderful week.
    Rosemary

  • Julia

    My number one rule. If it has paragraphs with centered alignment I will never return... It makes me blind and batty. Worse than normal that is.

    Easter? I am about to cancel Easter. Wah!

  • Nydia

    LOL I can't imagine you making funny faces and then realizing someone was watching you!! Thank the gods I'm not the only one clumsy here! :o)

    Lucas goodies are well hidden in mom's wardrobe, but he's tarting to get suspicious that there's no Bunny but me behind his nest... Oh, so soon? I deny till I can...
    Loved the first image of that little lamb carrying a basket, so sweet!

    Kisses and love from us.

  • Country Whispers

    Too funny! I bet those tellers are still talking about you.
    I love love love the little lamb graphic.

  • Doris Sturm

    How adorable, especially the second one of the chilren decorating the sheep with the flowers. I've never developed a taste for lamb and never had mint sauce either ;-)
    Have a lovely evening. It's quite chilly here tonight, but I'm not complaining.
    Much Love,
    Doris and Gizzy (and Middi) :-)

  • Marjorie (Molly) Smith

    Good morning, Ms. Holly...sorry been away for awhile. Working in my yard and taking care of little ones. DIL's Dad had surgery to put in a pacemaker and seems to be doing better. He will be in ICU for a couple of more days, then it's on to Physical Therapy to try and get his arm and leg to moving again.
    Sounds like something I would do to the camera, but afraid everyone at my Bank would recognize me...lol...
    Molly

  • Denise Marie

    Dear Donkey Fren...I tricked ya!! I just paid you $10...$1 at a time on PayPal. I'm getting smarter. Beagles can figure some stuff out. lol

    You really blessed me!!

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...