Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Saturday, March 27

Sweet Burdened Angel Image

 Banner Haus News and Musings

The mourning doves have commencing picking up, considering, then throwing down little twigs. They woggle-step all over the front yard, choosing, choosing, ever choosing from among the twigs, but finding only one in fifty or so to meet their standards. They are building nests. Their nests are often rather poorly constructed, but I am sure nature knows much more than I do, and means them to be so.

I am going to put a bunch of fibers between two slats in the fence, and see if the doves or other birds will use them for their nests. I have many odds and ends of bits of wool, yarn, and so forth that they might like.

Vintage Postcard Image
It is interesting to see angels depicted. A person would have to be pretty brave to try to paint an angel. Click to enlarge, then right-click to save. Or save this smaller size with a right-click.



14 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Bernie

    Holly what a beautiful post card, I don't think I have ever seen a picture like this.

    You are so nice to add bits of things to help those wonderful birds make their nest. Honestly we really need more people like you in the world today.....:-) Hugs

  • Cynthia K.

    Holly ~ Thanks so very much for this gorgeous postcard for Easter!! I love that the Cross is make up of lots of flowers, especially purple.

    I'm betting, for sure, the birds will snatch up quickly the yarns and fibers you leave on the fence - they'll probably wonder why they didn't see those before!

    Cynthia K. (Beauty and Blessings)

  • Debra

    What a beautiful graphic this morning!!
    How wonderful of you to help the birds with their nests! I'll bet they will use your scraps of wool & yarn!

  • Amrita

    Your feathered friends kind a place pf refuge on your garden, that is indeed lovely Holly.
    Mymother had a clay jar filled with water for the birds to drink from. In the scorching heat they search for water.

    Angels are powerful servants of God they carry out His commands all over the earth - that is a comforting thought.

  • Angela

    Birds love dog hair for their nests! I have found a few birds with one of my dogs hair in it before!

    The Angel is beautiful! My mom will love it!

    Thanks!
    Angela

  • Carmen S.

    I've noticed when I brush Kiah outside, they sometimes will take tiny bits of her fur to line the nests, it's too cute:) I think I forgot to tell you that I deleted my Twitter acct. a while ago, I only know you & someone else who used it, I didn't want you to think I stopped following ye, you know I'd follow you to the ends of the earth...and then some ...LOL!!!!

  • sjhackney

    I've seen nests in my yard with fibers in them. I hang shop rags on the clothesline that my husband has used. They are faded red and the bird help themselves to the ragged fibers. Thanks for the angel pic. Enjoy the weekend. Sally

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    I always leave corgi hair in the yard for the birds..and it's always used!
    Your burdened angel is just beautiful!
    Take care now, have a good weekend.
    Believe it or not....Jim returns to Sherman on Monday. He got home an hour ago...does TX have a big magnet or something?

  • Holly, the Old Western Gal

    It's the wimmen, Corgidogmama. Men will drive thousands of miles out of their way just to admire our beautiful giant, uh, hairdos.

  • Nydia

    I'm so afraid of angels. It's not part of my path, but since I was a little girl I'm scared of these winged creatures. They seems so powerful and strong in my imagination... But this one is cute.

    Kisses from us!

  • Sheri

    Holly, Love your blog. Very cute. Thanks for visiting "me" today. I'm a western big city gal, I love the west, especially Utah, New Mexico and Wyoming!

  • ★Carol★

    I've left yarn and pet hair and string out in the yard, hoping the birds would use it to build their nests, but all I've really done is make my yard look really messy while the birds seem to prefer plastic and shiny stuff! There's a nest in one of the pine trees that is quite blinding when the sun hits it a certain way!

  • The Joy of Nesting

    OWG Rosey here,

    Hmmm won't you be surprised when those mourning doves show up at your bird feeder, chicklets in tow all dressed up in their finery made from your wool scraps!! :)No mourning doves here but the Starlings have started their morning gab sessions at o:dawn thirty in the mango tree outside the bedroom window :) !@@#$%cute little darlins :)

    Pattie ;)
    Mazatlan Mx.

  • Doris Sturm

    I'm totally in awe of the Angels and always wanted to paint the ones I think are "in charge" of my life. I always suspected that I must have at least two guardian angels since I've done some outrageously stupid and things and still lived to talk about it, or rather, keep quiet about it ;-)
    Lovely picture - I just enjoy Easter so much! Spring, Easter...a celebration of life and new beginnings. I hope you're doing well, m'lady, and have a wonderful weekend!
    Doris :-)

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...