Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Sunday, March 28

Vintage Dusty Roses Images and Goodbye, Best Pea Salad in Texas

Banner Haus News and Musings

As if the recent shock of seeing my childhood homes gone wasn't enough, we drove by Cattleman's Steakhouse today, only to see that it is CLOSED. PERMANENT-LIKE. Out of business.

It was an old-timers hangout, looked dreadful. George W ate there. Million-dollar deals, maybe billion-dollar ones, too, were done across its formica-topped tables, back in the "oil boom," when all the big oil companies were swarming all over Midland and the living was high, very high. I didn't see those times, wasn't here then, but the Midlanders tell of it, constantly. They are not understanding that those times are not coming back. But Cattleman's being closed, that's a body blow to the city. Changes, changes.

Free Vintage Calling Card Images

You know, I ought to offer these images in PDF format, so that the resolution could be greater. I always offer png format, because that's what I like to work with due to my love of making some of the images "transparent" in places. 

But for now, they are just lil' pngs. Right-click to save. They will enlarge if regular-clicked, I do believe.






20 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...