Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Saturday, March 6

The Worst Candy in the Easter Basket


Banner Haus News and Musings

Do you know those "nest egg" candies that are sold at Easter? They are a very old, very modest candy, with a hard colored sugar shell and a softer "marshmallow creme" white filling, and are often used as "ballast" in Easter baskets, along with the lowly jelly bean.
Fer the last five posts, I have been having one hang out my mouth while I type. Horrifying image, ain't it?  I clench the smaller end in my side teeth like a cigar, and kind of chaw on it during the process. Every so often I bite it a bit too hard or fergit to concentrate on balancing it on my bottom lip, so it drops onto the floor, where it's quickly retrieved and more quickly eaten.  A little cat hair never hurt anyone.

It's taking about 3 eggs per post. Sadly, tonight I already ate all of them that I smuggled back here (hidden from the ever-alert doggies), way back in paragraph one as a matter of fact. Kept messing with the wording and wondering what was worse than linty jellybeans in a basket, and danged if I didn't look and have nothing but wrappers left.

I'm wondering what candy you donkey frens consider as mere ballast in the basket...but I'm too shy to ask outright...see, I'm dragging my hoof back and forth in the dust, and got my mane pulled over my lil' eyes...don't like to bother you...

Quote:

"Every trail has some puddles."

Vintage Free Images:




19 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Bernie

    My favorite candy ever is the infamous jelly bean.....especially the black ones. If I am forced to I can manage a cream egg but only if I am forced mind you.....you are so funny my friend. Love the welcome sign with cherries, have a great weekend......:-)Hugs

  • Mary | Deep South Dish

    Well, that would be two of mine! That and some of those little foil wrapped chocolate eggs. After I fill the basket with all the other goodies, I toss all of those in to fill in the gaps.

  • Cynthia K.

    Love the pansies so much - replanting them at my place. Thanks friend...

    Cynthia K. (Beauty and Blessings)

  • Barbara

    Morning, I like jelly beans and the eggs filled with peanut butter or a cherry filling. Hope all is well at your house.

    Barbara

  • Amrita

    Hi Holly, today is a reflective day for us, but you provided a silver lining to our cloud. God bless you.

    My fav candy is mint...any kind and of course lots of Indian traditional sweets.
    The confectionaries sell easter eggs filled with hard candey here....they are for kids.Think they make thenm with sugar and agg white etc., they are prettily deorated.

    On Animal planet I was watching the most outrageous houses and hotels etc. people have built for their pets...costing thousands of $s. Your hutch is very good.Nothing like the Peabody Hotel.
    I picked the pansies.

    Love from Mom and me

  • Carmen S.

    LOL..."CHAW ON IT"????? You are so funny!! I would consider those cheap jelly beans the ballast just because I don't like them. I Love the pansies and that big momma rabbit with her baby is adorable:) I hope you have a great weekend, we are off to the craft store today, YAY!!!!!

  • sjhackney

    Holly, you got it dead right. I don't like those big candy eggs or jelly beans, esp. the black one. Yuck! But I do have one son-in-law who loves them so I save them for him. I like those little tiny snickers bars and a cadberry egg is nice too. Thanks for the pansies. Love them! Sally

  • Marjorie (Molly) Smith

    Well after the black jelly beans my favorites are the marshmellow yeller biddies and pink marshmellow bunnies. Hummm could eat a ton of them...really dreading Easter this year cause I can't have them...
    Hope you find some more of those little treats you like before the next post is due....grinnin...
    Love ya girl
    Molly

  • Sweet Sue

    Mornin Holly, you've really outdone yourself on this post~too funny, thx for waking me up with a good old belly laugh, great way to start the day! Gonna be 44 here today~WAHOO~degrees, not years~I can only wish:)

    Oh, I favor speckled eggs, thx for askin:)

    Have a great weekend my dear friend, wishing you another few bites to chaw on!

    xoxo

  • OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts

    I love the mommy wabbit in the potting hutch. How darling is that. I'm gonna use that one for the spring deco on my bloggie, if that's okeee with you. Too cute to not use.
    I love maple cream chocolate covered eggs wrapped in bright colored metallic wrappers and carrot cake cupcakes that my daughter makes for the grands.
    My folkes had a blonde Drexel desk with oval handles on the drawers. I could always depend on three eggs being there on Easter morn. And for some odd reason, I would get up early other mornings and check there just to make sure the E B had not left them for me just because....see crazy as a child too. Heee Haw

  • rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her

    Just gotta say ~ *love* the botanical images!

    As for easter candy - no opinion. Or, maybe pleading the 5th is more accurate. :)

  • Neabear

    I am glad I found you over here. I have been somewhat MIA in blogland. Doing some catching up here. Snagged a few of your images too. Enjoyed reading all your posts on here. Now I am caught for the time being on your blog. Hope all is well with you!

  • Lady Farmer

    I thought you were asking what we DON'T like, but so many are telling what is their favorite! I DON'T like Peeps! They are supposed to be marshmallow but don't taste a thing like it and they are tough and leathery! Yuck! I can eat just about any other Easter Candy especially if it involves chocolate! :D Jelly beans are ok if there is nothin else.
    Thanx for the cute graphics today!
    Blessings!

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    Hey now, these are really cool pics today. Love 'em. Those pansies, especially.

    Note to Mr. EB:
    Please leave one Reese's peanut butter egg.
    I have been a good girl.
    Your cousin has been eating at my birdfeeder all winter. He's also been pooping in my back yard.
    I don't mind, if you leave candy.
    Consider it ransom.
    I'm checking into recipes with rabbit as the main ingredient.
    Don't feel any pressure.
    R-e-e-s-e-'-s......
    Your friend,
    CDM

  • xashee's corner

    lately for me, it's been Hershey's kisses! i know they have nothing to do with the holidays! hehe DH has already bought me 3 bags over the past two months or so and i am ready for another! "Please, Sir, may i have another?"lol
    thank you so much for sharing such WONDERFUL posts AND graphics!! Have a GREAT weekend! :D

  • xashee's corner

    OH and what i don't like are those black jelly beans! UGH, phooey! lol but DH LOVEs them, so even they don't go to waste around here! hehe

  • Buttercup

    I love jelly beans, except the black ones and when the purple ones have a clove taste. Otherwise, I could eat pounds of jelly beans and send my dentist to Europe every year. I've been looking at the Easter candy and so far, have resisted it, but I don't know when I will give in. It could be very soon!

  • strawberrycream39

    I like the little jelly beans...the big cheap ones are icky. I hate black ones especially. One dinner time around Easter, we were having burritos. My husband, the jokester that he is, slipped a black jelly bean in mine. I thought it was a regular black bean...imagine my horror upon eating that horrid thing!

  • Anonymous

    I love jelly beans too..especially the black ones as I like licorice......I usually make up two baskets for our boys, even though they're getting older, my oldest loves Peeps and the younger those chocolate creme eggs.....like my step dad used to say...Life is short, eat dessert first!

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...