Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Friday, March 5

Some Normal Images Fer Once

Banner Haus News and Musings

When I work, I get so behind in bloggie visits. Wah! I've missed all sorts of interesting posts!

Now just yesterday, I think it was, my kind kommenters showered me with praise for helping customers at Walmart, even though I don't actually work there. 

Lil' donkeys, I don't always help. If someone is rude to me, I used to still be obliging. But now I've dug my hooves in and I won't budge if treated mean. The confused elderly, yes, I'll help them even though they can be testy and fuss. But scornful folks who act ugly? NO!

See? Not as nice as you thought! Had to fess up. Well, actually, I usually do help. I just ask 'em why they're treating me mean. But I intend to get a lot stricter! That's my plan.

And, I'm on the very edge of a rant/lecture, too. It's going to hit soon, honey frens. 

Quote:

"Common sense is not so common."
        French proverb

Vintage Postcard and Sidebar Altered Image Freebies

Right-click to save. Hope ye enjoy. I'm giving us a break from all those peculiar images -- fer awhile. I got a couple of weird ones up my sleeve.




23 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Bernie

    I don't think you could be mean at all, I think you just want us to think you are...you are to kind to all of us......:-) Hugs

  • Mary | Deep South Dish

    Oh no honey, THAT is a perfectly acceptable thing to do. And some people these days frankly deserve it. And me. Well, I just might tell them so. I might. Probably not, bless their hearts.

    Boy if that quote ain't right too! There's a few young-uns I know around here, and even a big-un, that could use a dose or three of common sense I tell ya!

  • Bhavesh Chhatbar

    You're so very much creative, really Holly!

  • A Bit of the Blarney

    Thank you! Do so love the beautiful lady that I think I will use her soon!!! Cathy

  • Carmen S.

    I love the quote, so true! I hope you are taking your barbed wire coated flail to work so if someone is mean you can give them a good jab or two:)

  • sjhackney

    Thanks for that quote Holly. I'll think about it today. Sally

  • Simply Debbie

    dear holly,
    my goodness! i nearly fainted...why who did that beautiful make over on the cow girl from yesterday....wow, i need to get them to my house in a hurry to do a make-over on me.
    beautiful graphic....thank you for all the graphics.
    it is very frustrating i know to do your job and then stop your job to become a walmart director....i pray that changes for you.
    we all appreciate you very much. a little white kitty came to see me yesterday...so sweet...i am bad...i have will's birthday card all made out with the stamp...i have got to drop it in the mail.
    hugs and love
    simply debbie

  • Amrita

    Dear Holly I am sure even if you are mean it must be in a kind sort of way. You can 't be MEAN mean. But sometimes its good to keep people ' in line ' - its educational -------for them.Perhaps no one ' taught" then how to be kind and sweet.
    I put out the Gerber Daisies you sent me on the center table for the Prayer Meeting tonight.

    Thanks for the lovely pictures

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    Mean? Or just an ornery cuss....?
    Sweet little ol' St. Paddy's lady.
    Love your rings, so unusual and pretty.
    Blue skies again today...but heavy frost.
    Hope all is well...take care.

  • ClassyChassy

    I am thinking like corgidogmama - you're jest an ornery cuss! I'm a thinkin you'd really like to make the world a nicer place to be, and even though you claim your life plan is to be an arse like some, in your heart of hearts, you jest caint!

  • Faith

    Well, yesterday I had to address a rather rude woman in Joann fabrics, who would not share space while looking at notions. She was perturbed that I was looking at what she was looking at and wouldn't move not 1", lots of signing and deep breathing...I had to let her have it. Not much my nature...but rudeness isn't tolerated, or necessary. Later that same day I helped a lady behind me in the grocery store unload her cart, she was elderly and had her arm in a sling. She was pleasant and thankful...it was a pleasure to help her. The situation/people dictate the outcome. Some have it coming, and others need a hand up.

  • Anonymous

    I really am enjoying your new "newsy" format...you are a great blogger, despite having to work!

    Hee-Haw...I think that St Patty's day gal looks a little peculiar...don't you??!! To me it looks as if she might be up to something...like pinchin' ya if ya don't have green on, perhaps! ;D

  • Country Whispers

    Love the quote! It is so very true.

    You just need to take your flail to work with you. That will fix them!

  • Knitty

    I hope you give us notice of the upcoming rant. I'd like to have my coffee cup full before I start reading. :)

  • ★Carol★

    Oh, I do love it when you rant! I live vicariously through your rants, so let it rip!
    I'm so excited that I won a pair of your earbobs! I sent you my address through Etsy. I hope I did it right, and didnt' send it to myself. Yee Haw, I can't wait to get them!!
    Have a great weekend!
    Carol

  • Rosemary

    Mean people ----!!!
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend,
    Rosemary

  • Doris Sturm

    Oh, I love those pussywillows in the second picture. They grew abundantly around the ponds on our property when I was growing up in Deutschland. I miss them. They don't grow here - at least I've never seen any...

    I love to blow out eggs, paint on them, and then hang them on a bunch of pussywillows in a vase for a lovely Easter center piece.

    Happy weekend, M'lady ;-)
    Doris

  • Debra

    I agree-the flail is in order.
    I LVOE my earrings and that ring withthe nest of eggs is beautiful. You are a GOOD, NICE person.
    ~Love, Debra

  • Ms Sparrow

    Thanks for taking time to blog every day. I'm retired and still don't always find time!

  • Lois Christensen

    It's been the same way over here. So busy, I haven't much time to visit with all my friends. And now I can't even remember if I thanked you for the cute little egg nest!!! I need to get my Easter things up since what you sent me is a little lonely!!! Hope you're enjoying a good week!

  • strawberrycream39

    I don't understand how people can be mean while looking at cards? Isn't that a "happy" activity? I agree with everyone else, they NEED to be put in their place!

  • rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her

    ::zoom in:::: I relate. You're real. Sweet images. Peace. ::::zoom out::

  • Buttercup

    And my confession, Buttercup is not such a buttercup. I waitressed in college and on one occasion I returned a nickel tip -- even in 1972 it was cheap -- with quite a remark to go with it. Not very buttercuppy, but well deserved.

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...