Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Friday, March 12

Easter Parade

Banner Haus News and Musings

Howdy donkey frens!

After accidentally wearing my "house shoes" to work, I am now wearing them everywhere. I feel black plush goes with EVERYTHING. My poor lil' hooves have seen better days, m'dears.

 

Oldtime Tip

When blowing out a candle, put yer index finger up to yer lips as if yer going to "shush" someone...then blow...the airstream splits and it puts out the candle without making the flame stream and wax droplets fly out.

Vintage Postcard Image Fer Free

Here we evidently have an Easter parade, with plenty of bonnets to view, and a chance of rain, judging by the parasols. Right-click to save this size; regular-click to make a larger image load and then save it.

An Irish miss drinking a cup o'tea rounds out today's graphics. It's from a vintage postcard and has been altered.



19 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Crystal

    Well now, if it's good enough for Elizabeth Taylor....

    I remember reading that Liz arrived at Liza Minelli's wedding in her slippers - and Liz was in the wedding party, mind you! It is true that some poor minion was dispatched on a wild chase back to the hotel to fetch her shoes, but still...

    I love the little Irish Lass. You always have the sweetest images, Miss Holly :-) Thank you!

    Hugs,
    Crystal

  • Lady Farmer

    Looks like your sporting some mighty fine hoofwear! They are all the rage amongst the younger set around these parts! I even wore mine everywhere until the soles wore so thin I had to give them up ~ they were the moccasin type, so not too outlandish, but still! Whatever makes you comfy!
    Blessings!

  • Simply Debbie

    DEAR HOLLY,
    what size of shoe do you wear?
    be careful wearing those shoes to work for if you drop a box on your toe.....that's me, always worrying.
    we have had "LITTLE" earthquakes here in oklahoma....8 of them today....some down by JONES AND UNION CITY....WE USE TO LIVE THERE...A TINY TOWN...TINY.
    THAT IS A PRETTY PROFILE PICTURE OF YOU.
    THANK YOU FOR THE PRETTY GRAPHICS. I LOVE THE LITTLE IRISH GIRL.
    LOVE AND HUGS
    SIMPLY DEBBIE

  • Mary | Deep South Dish

    My daughter in law and I were talking about the slipper thing today. I too have done that very thing! Just today, she rushed out of the house to pick up little one from preschool and realized that she had her slippers on!

  • Lynn Barbadora

    LOL.....you wore your house shoes to work??......well I got to the hairdressers today and she said "do you know that your shirt is on inside out?" I REALLY scare myself sometimes......love the graphics!
    Hugs,
    Lynn

  • Debra

    Iwear my house slippers everywhre I can! Bet you were comfy!
    Great graphics!!

  • Bernie

    As long as your feet are comfortable....don't worry about it. I have a pair of sheep lined slippers and believe me if I could wear them when I go out I would.....I do wear UGGS out all the time, they are just great.
    I love the little Irish lass and Holly thank you so very much for these lovely pictures. So very kind of you.....:-) Hugs

  • Beansieleigh

    Hi Holly! LOVE the little Irish girl sipping her tea! So CUTE! Thank you! ~tina

  • Amrita

    Hollly I like your slippers, I wear my flip flops everywhere, ususally they are worn at home - the bubber ones, but I find them very comfy, they are thick soled good for walking.Thin soled foot hurt my feet. I received Reebok gift coupons as a gift, but the card company in India sent me in-valid coupons which I could not exchange. Boo hoo.

    Today my Sheeba was in pain and shivering. I took her to the vet, she got 3 shots and a some pills. She seems OK now and ate too.

    Love the pictures Holly, witness to your creativity.
    Have a good day

  • Carmen S.

    At least yours aren't too obvious, I saw a gal in Walmart last week with slippers AND her PJ's on!!!! As long as they are comfy no harm done:D

  • sjhackney

    Heck Holly, I wear crocs or Birkis all the time. I think your slippers are o.k. Thanks for the pretty spring pics. Sally

  • ★Carol★

    Honey, if your hooves are happy, that's all that matters! At least both shoes matched. Have you ever left the house with two different shoes on? Now THAT is embarrassing!

  • ClassyChassy

    Those chicks looked like they had CANES, at first glance!!!

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    Oh what fun in here today. Your little hooves are as tiny as your hands! Well...they DO say that black goes with everything~
    Love the parading chicks, and the little Irish lass is very sweet. Your oldtime tips are so interesting! Keep 'em coming, please~

  • Angela

    Hey Holly!

    Love your graphics as always! The little girl is just too cute!

    Hope you have a Great Weekend!
    Angela

  • Ms Sparrow

    The little shamrock girl is adorable. Green is my favorite color--big time!

  • Donna

    Get yee a manicure and you're all set!

  • Donna

    Whoops. Meant to say pedicure. Too much wine tonight. heehee...

  • rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her

    You accidentally wore my "house shoes" to work? Classic! LOL I love it!

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...