Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Saturday, March 20

The Good Shepherd

Banner Haus News and Musings

The case of the disappearing catfish: We got another Peppered Catfish (no, it's not a restaurant dish, m'dears. It's a corydoras catfish with black markings) to keep our old fellow company, but overnight...no lil' catfish...he could not have jumped out...very odd...I hope he is just hiding.

Weatherwise, where hast spring gone?

Quote

One flower does not bring spring.
   ~Anonymous

Free Vintage Graphic for Easter

I like depictions of Christ as the Good Shepherd. The sheep look very tired, but they still follow Him. The original scan is included. I think it has a certain charm in its faded state, too. I didn't care for the pink robe and so changed it to a leaf green. I have no idea what a red-roofed European church is doing in the Holy Land over two thousand years ago. Some of these old postcards are quite fanciful.

 

14 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Bernie

    WOW Holly, this is really something, I like what you have done to this graphic, you have made it brighter. Hope you had a good day today my friend........:-) Hugs

  • Anvilcloud

    Good job. Love your comment about the church. I think a lot of people forget he was a Jew, not a Christian. :)

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    Isn't it amazing how you energize these faded postcards? Both have charm though.
    Just read over your Tweet sidebar..egad, everyone has been out to get you all darn week!
    Look over your shoulder, and see if some dunce put a "kick me" sign on your back!
    Texas must be a rough place...better be packin' if you go back to work dear gal.

  • Amrita

    Hi Holly, we also had a very short spring, then summertiptoed in. Temps in the 30s C now (90s F)Don' t have our cooler out yet, holding on till April AC s are for the rich.
    Like your good shepherd picture.Yeah the church does look out of place.

  • LADY JANE

    This lil' donkey does not get out of the barn much...but when I do I always stop in to see my BEST lil' donkey friends! Hugs my dear Holly and crew! Hope all is well! Hugs...Jane
    Hey wait did someone say you are not working? What is the story? Let me know that all is well please!

  • Debra

    I am azed at how you can alter graphics! Looks wonderful! Hope you find the fish!!

  • Carmen S.

    I hope the missing catfish comes out of hiding soon! Spring is HERE, in PA of all places, LOL! High in the upper 60's today, gettin' ready to strip my bed & hang out my sheets:-D

  • sjhackney

    I like what you did for this Easter pic, thanks. Yeah...where did spring go? We were in the 60's this week and now it might snow tonight. It's in the mid 30's now. Brrr. Sally

  • Simply Debbie

    DEAR HOLLY,
    HAPPY PINK SATURDAY AND THE FIRST DAY OF SPRING.
    YESTERDAY THE TREE POLLEN WAS 100% AND PEOPLE WERE SNEEZING TERRIBLE...TODAY FOR THE FIRST DAY OF SPRING WE RECEIVED FREEZING RAIN AND SNOW....PEOPLE ARE IN DITCHES EVERYWHERE,BUT TOMORROW SHOULD BE BETTER. I'M GONNA HAVE TO CALL, I REALLY MISS YOU
    HUGS AND LOVE
    SIMPLY DEBBIE

  • Simply Debbie

    OH HOLLY.....FORGIVE ME......I FORGOT TO TELL THANK YOU FOR THE PICTURES....THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL.
    HUGS
    SIMPLY DEBBIE

  • Nydia

    Oh, hope you find your catfish, Holly! He must be hiding under plants or rocks, maybe??

    Have a beautiful Spring!

    Kisses and love from us.

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    Holly you have the oddest experiences, I swear!
    How does one lose a catfish???
    Did Hadji suddenly gain an ounce?
    You better not just send those gems to me...GRRR, you're getting compensation, little missy....one way or another!!!

  • The Joy of Nesting

    Hello OWG Rosey here.

    Wonder if the pink robe was intentional. Back in the late 18oos and early 1900s pink was the color for boys (instead of blue) Blue was a color for girls. It was thought pink was a stronger color and blue a much softer color. Therefore boys wore the stronger color pink... Who knew?? :)

    Thank so much for the advice Little Sister!!! It makes perfect sense as I have no idea what either the expats want and even less on what the Mexican women will want. This way all bases are covered!!

    Pattie ;)
    Mazatlan Mx.

  • Buttercup

    Hope that playful little catfish is playing hide and seek and is soon found.

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...