Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Tuesday, August 17

The Queen of Sheave-ah


Kindly direct yer attention to the top of both sidebars. Amazing strawberry corn fer sale from a prim bloggie fren and a hollyhock seed giveaway from another bloggie fren. That pup made from crysanthemums is from Japan. I'm going to try it this fall.

From a vintage photographic postcard, a young woman dons a classic robe and strikes a pose while bringing in the sheaves.

Right-click to save.

Real wheat is quite interesting. Where I lived in the Pacific Northwest, bald eagles would walk along behind the threshers and gorge themselves on the lil' mice scampering in panic. A bald eagle is an extremely large bird, larger than you'd think if you hadn't seen 'em up close. With brilliant yellow talons and beaks. Their feet are much larger than a man's hand. And they are almost as tall as a kindergartner.


14 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Debra

    Nice graphic! I am sure those Eagles did gorge them selves! We have some around here but I have never seen one that closely- they are big though form what I have seen. That mum pup is adorable!!

  • Home and Heart

    When I lived on Camano you could see eagles on the beach. They can be huge! Darlin' pic too!

  • Anvilcloud

    I'm humming: Bringing in the Sheaves -- la la la. I would love to see a bald eagle up close. Out west I once saw one flying, but it was far away.

  • Carmen S.

    What a lovely wheat lady, she may look nice on some grungy jars;) That strawberry corn looks neat too!!!

  • Anonymous

    Now that song "Bringing in the Sheaves" is stuck in my head! Thanks for the pic. Smiles, Sally

  • Faith

    beautiful graceful lady..69 degrees here at the moment, cool...lovin that...strawberry corn, very intresting..neve seen that before.

  • AkasaWolfSong

    What a beautiful Sheave-ah you've posted today Holly! Had to giggle when I read the comments...now I'll be singing Bringing in the Sheaves all day long too!
    I'm wondering about the Strawberry Popcorn...is it edible? As for the Mum Pup it is adorable!

    Our heat here has broken and the temps are deliciously cool...I'm sending some your way! You deserve it Beautiful Lady!
    xoxo

  • SueLovesCherries

    Hi Holly! I've been a bad little donkey and not posted all summer (on most of my blogs). But, here I am! I have so enjoyed your cute little pics and observations on life! I, too, have had the horror of discovering a moustache. And, me - the once captain of my high school girls track team - cannot keep up with my young teen's fast pace either!

  • Amrita

    The photo reminds me of Ruth of the Old Testament, who gleaned barley from Boaz ' fields.I love her story.

    Thank you for your good wishes and encouraging words Holly. The worst is over, although it has left a bad taste in my mouth figuratively speaking.It will take time to recover completely and that I hav e made clear to the people involved/.

  • Denise Marie

    She's pretty cool.

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    What's that evil tool she's hiding behind her back? She's a slasher! Watch out!
    Thanks for mentioning the hollyhock giveaway dearie~

  • Doris Sturm

    Wow, I would like to see one up close! That's impressive! I'd be terrified if I were a little mouse.

  • OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts

    Hey Holly,I left you a strange award on my blog.

  • Lois Christensen

    I love the puppy!! So adorable!

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...