Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Sunday, August 15

Pumpkins A La Carte?

Here we have a lil' gal and a cart full of artificial pumpkins.

Alas, I do believe the porch pumpkin I reported was artifical, because it was on its side today and moving a bit in the breeze. I don't think a real pumpkin would be moving?

However, there were real deceased mice around my porch this morning, likely victims of Potholder Kitty. Or mayhap they expired due to the heat. I felt like laying on the floor meself. Over 100 degrees for weeks, and more to come.

Right-click to save.


13 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Debra

    What a great graphic this morning!!
    I'll bet that is an artificial pumpkin.
    Dead mice already! Doesn't happen here for a few months yet. I think I have the little stray cat i Have been feeding for the past two tears- has not shown up to eat for two days now- the newest stray is missing also!

  • Faith

    Fall is coming dear Miss Holly...have you started the ripple yet? No rain in sight here either...they predict rain/storms nothing...Morticia is not happy....the little mice no water and heat probably dehydrated..the birds arn't singing..up here in Ohio..we are warned about West Nile Virus...the frown on standing water, as it attract mosquitoes which carry this disease...so unless the birdies are drinking pool water..they are thirsty..this has been a very rough summer, and fall is most welcome...at least cooler temperature and less humidity. Last night temp 72 humidity 94% hard to breath.

  • Anonymous

    That gal in the picture has such pretty purple tights. Thanks for the pic! Smiles, Sally

  • Anonymous

    hope it cools down soon...its been a little better here....and it's getting cooler at night...low humidity too....I love the fall like most do..the only season we have to suffer through is the summers..the rest of the year is wonderful..
    dead mice? wow...I guess that's better than live ones running around....

  • OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts

    Poor Holly berry. I am wishing you cool breezes and a big ole glass of cold whateveryouplease. I can't stand to be hot. If a body is cold, you can put on more clothes but when you're hot, you cannot take off your skin. Well technically but then ewwwwwwwww.
    Think cool thoughts my fren, The Olde Bagg

  • Carmen S.

    UGH! Here I've been complaining about our upper 80's, low 90's, shame on me! No, real pumpkins should not be moving unless.......there is a critter inside feasting on the innards:D

  • SparkleFarkel

    I don't think a real pumpkin would be moving?

    I wouldn't rule it out; it is getting that much closer to Halloweenie time, when strange and stranger things are bound to happen.

    Real deceased mice around your porch? *holds licked finger up to catch a sign* Yep. If my calculations be right, stew weather is definitely in the air! LOL! SparkleFarkle~~~~~*

  • Home and Heart

    Nothing like a "genuine artificial pumpkin"! I know mice can be cute, but around my house, I would prefer them dead over alive!!

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    At least YOU are the gen-u-wine article~

  • Angela

    I'm sick of all of this hot weather with high humidity too! We still haven't went to the pool yet because it is too hot to go!

    Hope the weather cools down soon! I'm so waiting for Fall!
    Angela

  • Bernie

    What a cute picture.....sorry it is still so hot there Holly, it will cool down soon sweetie, hang in there.........:-)Hugs

  • Amrita

    Hi Holly thank you for this cheerful image. Feeling rather blue today. Ifit was cold I would have covered myself with a quilt and slept for 24 hours at least. I need a change- a break. But this frog cannot jump out of her well. Sorry, I am just sharing my feeling with you- I will bounce back soon.

  • Heather's Blog-o-rama

    Hi Holly...love the image...Sorry about the dead mice. One of my friend's had a cat that would bring her "mice" as thank you gifts for giving said kitty a home. Maybe that's that Potholder Kitty is doing? Not sure...It's cooled down the last couple of days here in Oregon...not sure what today will be like yet. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...