Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Wednesday, August 4

Getting Hired Sight Unseen

Thank'ee, thank'ee all who gave advice about the necklaces! I will tell you, I was a bit down lately, and the nice advice surely helped me perk up!!!

I'll pick the winner tonight -- but will post the name on Friday because all night tonight I am going to be doing a set-up fer a "roadshow" -- $140!!! -- woo hoo, now I can get MORE beads...somebody out of California hired me, and I go set up an elaborate display at a store while it's closed (spooky!), take pictures, and text it to them...in two weeks I go take it down...

The hiring, schematics to follow, chat, etc all took place online. The people in California found my name on the NARMS site and contacted me. This modern world is very strange. One thing good about the rough end of merchandising is that they don't care what you look like. They don't care if yer a gray-haired plump lady. They just want someone reliable to show up and work hard. I am not going to let my back stop me. Money is money and aspirin is cheap.
The lady in this vintage graphic is inspiring me to walk more. Look at that tiny waist.



17 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Lady Farmer

    Hey there, 'old western gal!
    I haven't been able to get on here lately ~ don't know why, but happy to see things are going well for you ~ new job and all!
    If walking made small waists, I wouldn't have one! But alas, this old gals figure doesn't want to budge. But I still enjoy walking and getting outdoors!
    Oh, your winner will be so excited to receive her necklace!
    Now, I have to go back and see what all the advice was!
    Have fun (but take care) setting up your display!
    Blessings!

  • Mary | Deep South Dish

    I have no idea what all that means but yay! I know you'll do a great job. Congrats for snagging it!

  • Jane

    Many congrats and good luck!

    Jane

  • A Bit of the Blarney

    Wishing you well!!! Am excited for you!!! Cathy

  • Amrita

    Very happy to hear about the roadshow thing.. May this open more doors for you in the future.
    Your lady is very impressive and looks so confident.

  • rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her

    Best wishes! :)

  • Knitty

    Congrats and good luck wishes from me, too. I think the vintage lady had an airbrush artist on retainer. I am looking for one of them. ;)

  • Carmen S.

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! That is awesome! Before ya know it you will be traveling the world with your fine creations and raking in lots of $$$$$$$$, I love it;)

  • Dawn

    Congratulaions! Do take care of your back though!

    What a beautifu graphic! You know she didn't get that waist by walking. They actually took ribs out back then! And we think today's girls go to extremes! I've heard that's why fainting couches were so popular. Poor women didn't eat then cinched themselves so tight they couldn't breathe. They were constantly dropping like flies and needed a place to land!

  • Anvilcloud

    Congratulations on the job. I hope your back is healing up.

  • AkasaWolfSong

    Woo Hoo! Congratulations Miss Holly! Sounds like new doors are opening up for you. What a great thing that is...I bet you wow them and it will lead to other showings!

    As for the cinched-waist well, ahem...I have never been that small...nor any woman I know come to think of it? But she is a cutie!

    Good Luck on Your Show! May it bring you many many blessings!!!

  • Anonymous

    hope the job works out well for you..interesting concept......and the others are right about the waists..I never did have a tiny one, even as a teen..my mom did...as did my grandmother, in fact, I have a old old photo of her back in early 1900 with a similar dress...sigh...but then women couldn't vote, hold down good jobs, and were put on pedestals as delicate creatures..

  • Anonymous

    Godd luck Holly! I've got computer woes today. Smiles, Sally sallypaper

  • OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts

    Yay for you adorable one. How too much fun to be able to set up beads etc. I used to do inventories for specialty shops...always a kick...some of the stuff was BIZARRRRRRe. And we did it on off hours too so all was quiet and a little spookifying. Loved it. Loved the crew I worked with we always made a fun time out of it.
    Hey where are you finding cheap aspirin?????? HEHEHE Don't tell me Walmart cuz I have given up going there for any reason. Rude, ugly and shotty and yes I spelled the last one correctly. Junk not Junque.

  • Donna

    Congratulations on getting that job! Every penny counts!

  • Nydia

    Congrats for the hiring, Holly! Do take care of your back, though! Hope more work come after this!

    Kisses and lots of love from us.

  • Debra

    I am so happy for you getting that job! Just don't hurt yourself any more! The internet sure is amazing to be hired that way- b ut what ever works- I am sure they will be pleased with your work!!
    Lovely graphic- i could use a good waist cinching myself!! Nah- coildn't stand to be trussed up like a turkey!!

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...