Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Thursday, August 19

Help Make It An Early Fall

Honestly, if all of ye would just go outside and bang on a tin pie plate with a bent mixing spoon and holler "Here, fall fall fall! Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeere, fall fall fall" maybe the autumn winds would hear you and hurry on down. For best results, use a pie pan that you baked a pumpkin or apple pie in before, allrighty? Honeys, just try it! I'm desperate.

This woman wants autumn, and she wants it now, and she's going to wear fall leaves in her hair in August whether anyone likes it or not. Don't mess with her, she's got that bulldog jaw that means trouble. I would pay good money fer a nose like that, by the way. Trying to tape mine up with that white tape at night is not getting me anywhere. Just making my nose sticky with adhesive residue. My do-it-yourself dermabrasion didn't work too well, either, but at some point I think the skin will start healing.


And here's a nice autumn postcard that was, remarkably, originally a Christmas card. Click it and it will go to postcard size.



23 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Bernie

    What a wonderful sense of humor you have Holly. Love the photos tonight my friend. Hope all is well with you......:-)Hugs

  • Debra

    Oh Holly- you are just too funny!!
    Like the graphic though!!

  • Bhavesh Chhatbar

    You are so crazily powerful with words and art, really!

  • Cellar Door

    What a fun hair bauble! Your "Don't Mess with Me" story tickled me, too! lol!

  • Home and Heart

    This comment has been removed by the author.

  • Home and Heart

    Oh I feel the DAME WAY!! I hate the heat BAD!! It makes me feel grumpy, sticky, and well, grumpy!!! Send the cool air! Thank you for the cute images. Now off to eat a pie..............

  • Jane

    I'm with you on this one. I'm not a summer person at all, and can't wait for the arrival of both fall and winter!

    Jane

  • Carmen S.

    PLEASE tell me you didn't do it yourself on the dermabrasion, remember what happened that time with the haircolor?? I know, I'm one to talk, LOL, I remember having burns on my face from facial hair remover, I do not recommend ANYONE with sensitive skin using that crap! I just may have to find a pie pan and start hollerin' cause I am ready for FALL!!!!!

  • Carmen S.

    Lovely lady and leaves too, thank you for sharing them!!!!

  • Anonymous

    Hey...be careful with that tape! I love the expression on that gal's face. And I really like that fall card. I am looking SO forward to the falling leaves. Smiles, Sally

  • Faith

    She is a pretty lady, and not a hair out of place...My son made a rain maker in Cub Scouts, the last time he shook it up it poured....maybe that will help some.....It has to be on it's way...looking for a Morticia Addams day....too much sunshine day after day....w/no break...You do the pie pan, and we will hit it with the rain maker shaker thingy...

  • Dawn

    You are too funny girl! That fall postcard must have been meant for California if it was originally a Christmas card. We still had fall leaves on the trees last December!

  • Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage

    Holly, I love your sense of humor! I sincerely hope you didn't do your nose too much harm!
    I'm not ready for Fall yet, thank you. Actually, if Fall never came, we here on the Island would be most thankful. Winter comes much too quickly once Fall sets in. In a few short months we will have snow and ice to contend with. I want my Summer breezes and beaches all year round! Seems we are never happy with what we have, are we?

  • Amrita

    Your autumn lady looks pretty sharp. Wish I had her looks, then people would approach me carefully (smile).
    You are so sweet Holly. Lov e ya corn.

  • Crystal

    Sweet Holly,
    You are in rare form today! lol

    Although I guess that expression really doesn't apply to you because you are ALWAYS so witty and entertaining. Love your dry sense of humor so much!

    You're the Erma Bombeck of the blog world! :-)

    Hugs,
    Crystal xo

  • AkasaWolfSong

    Holly you are a stitch!!!! I love your graphic today...I long for Autumn too but will not push the seasons turning even though this heat has gone on long enough.

    Love and Blessings!
    xoxoxo

  • Doris Sturm

    We could all synchronize our watches and go outside and do an Indian "come on fall" dance - and hope the neighbors won't call the cops on us ;-)

  • Country Whispers

    Do you think it would work????
    If I really thought it would then I would surely do it.
    I'm ready to put my fall decorations out in hopes of it rushing the season but I can hear the comments of others now.
    Wonder which they would prefer...my beating on a pan or looking at pumpkins and such a bit earlier than normal?

  • Baggaraggs:

    I think you is hilarious. I love your bloggie. Hugs, Robin

  • Ridgewoman

    That would make a very interesting tatted headband with 'cluny' leaves. To bad I haven't conquered Clunys as yet…but there are all sorts of tatted leaves…hummmm have to work on that one for Fall. Fall will come, I promise. xxx bj

  • Donna

    Oh, I wish fall would come running when I call it! I am hankering for it too, girlfriend!

  • Rosemary

    Can you believe Fall will be here so soon.
    Can't wait!!
    Do I really sound like a surfer? I hope not.
    Chat soon,
    Rosemary

  • Heather's Blog-o-rama

    Hi Holly...Oh, your post made me laugh..I've had bad luck with cream hair removals...always burn...yuck and I still have a little bit of scarring from that...but fall, well, it's still a ways off here in Oregon. Thanks for sharing these images. They're really nice. I'm surprised at that Christmas card...because you're right, it looks much more like fall!!! Have a great weekend!!! Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...