Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Saturday, August 7

"I Can't Remember," Said with a Flourish

I'm thinking of something. Rather, I'm trying to think of something. I thought of something during the night, right when I was falling asleep. I said it firmly to myself three times. "I will remember now," I said. I can remember that. But now, I can't remember what it was. Something from the past I wanted to mention on the bloggie, and see if anyone else remembered it, too.

Here are two scroll pumpkins. I noticed at the store that a lot of the fall decor features pumpkins with flourishes incised or painted on them.

As I predicted, tons of turquoise-touched punkins on display. And lilac paired with black. My beloved chartreuse is not present this year, but next year, I have no doubt it will burst upon the scene.



18 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    Mornin'....don't you just hate it when you try to remember like that, and your brain whirls and clicks, but just won't give it up?
    Darn frustratin'.
    You need to make one of these flourished pumpkins in turquoise, how lovely that would be!
    Penniwig, you're such a cool little nymph.

  • Amrita

    Thi s happens to me to. Gitta dig into me mund. Ha-ha

    Love ya pretty punkins.

  • Amrita

    My typos are creating a new language

  • Jane

    Hate it when I can't remember stuff. Love your pumpkins, looking forward to fall here!

    Jane

  • SparkleFarkel

    "I said it firmly to myself three times." <--God. Now there's an activity I've been doing 24/7 ever since I turned 50! LOL! (And sometimes, I just hum the "melody," because I can't for the life of me remember the words! LOLouder!

    Love the swirligigged punkies <~~ Thanks!

    SF~~~~~*

  • LADY JANE

    Yep...I remember...I believe it has something to do with a good ol' flailin...BUT only if you remeber the pitiful fried who deserves them most! Miss me???? SIGH.....Really miss a good flailin once and awhile........love ya!

  • Anvilcloud

    I remember that very well as a matter of fact.

  • AkasaWolfSong

    Which is why I keep pen and paper by my bed Miss Holly...otherwise I am not responsible, lol!

    Here's hopeing you have an outstanding weekend!

    I heard last night we are to have more snow than usual and colder temps this year...I will be thinking about that this coming week when it is so hot and humid...and of course cooler temps to find the perfect pumpkin!!!!

    Love Ya!

  • Carmen S.

    The pumpkins are beautiful!!! Mayhap (lol...love that word:)you need to keep a small tablet and pencil close like I do :D I've started writing my son's letters days in advance, as I think of things, I add them!

  • Buttercup

    Love seeing pumpkins. Just starting to think about apples and fall veggies. Have a great Saturday!

  • Debra

    I hate that! It will drive you crazy until it comes back to you!
    Beautiful pumpkins!

  • Faith

    You will think of it again....when you least expect it, it will pop back in, and usually it is at an unopportuned time...I hate when that happens...lovely pumpkins....who doesn't love
    the pumpkins.......:P

  • Knitty

    Just think of all the exercise your brain cells are having while trying to remember what you forgot.
    Your brain is positively svelte!

  • Anonymous

    Maybe you're tryin' to remember where that ole flail is? In that case...don't bother...we'll just be extra bad while it's missing. I like these pumpkins. I picked up a couple like these with all the fancy carving at the end of last season from Joann's. Now, will I be able to find them this year? Hmm... Smiles, Sally

  • Anonymous

    love the pumpkins..can't wait for fall too....we've been invaded by ants...wonder if that means its going to be a cold winter???

  • MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~

    sigh how charming wihth the scrolls on them...I am inspired by them...

  • strawberrycream39

    Turquoise huh? I'm a big fan of turquoise, wondering how that goes with pumpkins though! Chartreuse, now there's a color that can go anywhere.

    Keep a notepad by your bed! :-) Hope your thought comes back to you!

  • Bernie

    Oh yes this has happened to me as well, now I keep a paper and pen on my night table even if it is just one word to jog my memory.
    Love the pumpkins.....:-) Hugs

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...