Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Saturday, August 28

A Prediction and Time for Autumn Clipart


A vibe has passed through my noggin.

EARLY DEEP SNOWFALL through much of the country. WAY EARLY. A blizzard. Dipping down, down, down into the continent. 

People's eyes will be as big as saucers. People's saucers will be as big as eyes -- no, scratch that last one.

And here we have my version of a prim clock I saw for sale. I must tell ye gals and guys that they are stocking and about to open those seasonal Hallowe'en stores here -- the ones where they go into empty storefronts (and we have plenty of them) and put up tons of costumes and decorative items and party goods. The regular party store is tossing luau items faster than you can say "punkin pie" and filling the shelves with fall items.


11 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Jane

    I'm counting the days until fall!

    Jane

  • Debra

    Oh my! I hope you are wrong about that blizzard!Love the clock!!

  • Anonymous

    Love that clock, thanks! It is wonderful-ly cool this morning. I heart Fall. And honestly, I can deal with the snow and cold better than the awful heat. It would be nice to have Spring and Fall one of these years. It just seems like it's either too hot or too cold. I know...gripe, gripe, gripe! lol Smile, Sally

  • Carmen S.

    Just *how* early will the blizzard come???? Our local mall has plenty of empty stores too, just in the past year the bookstore and the music store closed, but I did see the "spirit of Halloween" stocking shelves here too. It amazes me how much $$$ some folks spend on Halloween!

  • Angela

    I love the fall clock! That will be on my blog pretty soon! hehehe

    I'm wondering what you think about the wooly worms predicting the weather? I seen a white one 2 weeks ago! I've never seen a white one. Last year I only seen black ones.

    Have a Great Day!
    Angela

  • Amrita

    Oh I long for cooler weather too. Oct/ Nov that is. Let the clock tick daster.

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    Oh! Love your fall clock, it can tick-tock into the new season anytime now!
    I've seen it snow in early October in Maine and in Colorado...hopefully it won't here!
    Love your predictions Holly. A package is coming your way!

  • AkasaWolfSong

    I'm with you on this prediction Holly...supposed to be a higher than usual amount of snowfall this year according to the news and cold temps...doesn't bother me in the least! I was born in January and love the Winter! Thank goodness I live in a state where I can experience all four seasons.

    Love the graphic today..time marches on...and before we know it we will see the Trick or Treaters knocking at our doors!

    Have a delightful weekend Beautiful!
    xoxoxo

  • Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space

    Thanks for the wonderful thoughts dear one! Hope you are having many joyous days! Blessings.

  • ByLightOfMoon

    Oh, to my dear Holly! I won your sweet giveaway? Wow, I am flabbergasted! I love Halloween, one of the most special holidays and I was just blog hopping to see the holiday decorations in stores who blog and have parties on-line.
    You have to check out Debbie of Curious Sofa in Kansas City; http://curioussofa.blogspot.com/2010/08/halloween-2010.html
    And see her Halloween decorations for her big store party.
    I used to work with retail greeting cards and the holidays were such fun times. Boutiques and Flower shop windows are awesome places to wander when strolling around. They always decorate to the hilt and have so many ideas to share. Great eye candy! I used to stroll and now I blog wander for entertainment.

    As far as your predictions, I am ready for a good old' cold winter. My Mother gave me a hand knit shrug for my arms and shoulders for my Birthday and I have twice this week wished I had it with me but usually it is air conditioning cold here.

    Our city fair opened yesterday and that means fall! I love the lights and the Ferris wheel, my one and only ride, Pumpkin pie is my favorite and candy corn also along with cotton candy and caramel apples!
    I could eat my way sick through the fair and usually do. Also all the Halloween candy I get for my young tricksters and treaters, I still have Mary Jane's candy from last year and am nibbling on them and saving every wrapper for a day of crafting with them.
    I shall treasure your recipe book, please inscribe it to me, and I shall make a special treat for my little friends that live close to me.
    I shall have to investigate Anvilcloud, the name alone is adventurous! I can see why anyone would have you write for them, you are enchanting and why you have so many followers.
    I only started facebook for business contacts and it developed to having friends who don't blog share fun times and photos and I will take them any way they come.
    Many thanks for visiting my blog and the Washington State memories. AS far as Texas, I wish I were close now, you should go see the Roundtop area Antique Fall Event the end of September. A fabulous fun way to browse what we love and see friends in their finest shops!
    Smile, Cyndi

  • ByLightOfMoon

    frstyfrolk/ByLightOfMoon again,
    Sorry about my previous post, I don't know who I am anymore and thought my frstyfrolk blog was a goner.

    Maybe it is my shadow haunting me! I thought it was deleted, whoops, guess not!

    Smiles, Cyndi, who ever has my thinking cap on for this moment...

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...