Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Friday, August 20

Double Dang It

I had a heart-wrending post all about my miserable childhood ready for today, and danged if it didn't load out of sequence and have to be deleted. It was a guaranteed sympathy-getter and everything. Poor raggedy me of long ago, getting whipped and wearing one threadbare skirt fer years. Etc etc.

Alas, I not in the mood of rewrite it. So I'll just post the picture that went with it -- a lovely vintage work by a talented artist of the past.


14 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Home and Heart

    I have this image too, and I love it!!

  • Anonymous

    Ya know Holly, I saw that in my google reader for a couple minutes...then it was gone. Maybe those internet gremlins got it. Have a great weekend. Smiles, Sally

  • Carmen S.

    My heart aches for anyone with a difficult childhood because I know first hand how it can effect your whole life. Your comment on my post made me laugh, and YES, there was a jam (peach butter) disaster in my kitchen last year, LOL!!!! and of course the apron............. well, THAT disaster was worth it just for the laughs,ROFL!!!!! Find some fun in your day today;)

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    Love this pic! We're never too old to feel the zing of a new season...walking through leaves, kicking them up brings back warm memories. The musty smell, the crunch.
    Childhoods can haunt us forever, and shape us into the adults we are today...whether they were rotten or blessed.
    You, are a special, unique, and dear soul. You may be the product of your upbringing...and have some scars, but girl.......you are much admired by all of us. We just darn like ya!

  • Anvilcloud

    Huh? Delete? Just change the time stamp and re-publish. Or am I not following what you eman?

  • Doris Sturm

    Oh, how sad, Holly - nobody should treat children that way! That is a lovely picture of that lady catching that falling leaf. I can tell you have autumn on your mind ;-) I'm looking forward to it too. Have a nice day and a great weekend :-)
    Yours,
    Doris and Gizzy

  • Amrita

    Oh Holly I too had a pretty miserable childhood, lonely and insecure, so we could shed a few tears together. Hugs to you.

    The rings I mentionjed in my email are 2 cms in dismeter.

    Love ya

  • Amrita

    Oh by the way I have a horrible pain in my left knee.

  • Mary | Deep South Dish

    Yeah, you have me puzzled on the loading out of sequence and deleting thing. Couldn't you just edit the post by changing the date and then save it as a draft?? Confused.

    Pretty picture. Love the vintage stuff! Hope ya have a great weekend!

  • Simply Debbie

    HELLO HOLLY,
    IT IS THOSE, LIKE YOURSELF, WHO HAVE HAD THE DEEPEST HURTS...HAVE THE BIGGEST HEARTS.
    I PRAY EVERYDAY FOR RESTORATION HEALING FROM PAST HURTS FOR YOU AND I KNOW THEY RUN DEEP.
    YOU HAVE BEEN A BLESSING, A PRECIOUS FRIEND, AND AN AWESOME CONFIDENT TO ME AND I KNOW THERE ARE MANY, MANY IN BLOGLAND THAT FEEL THE SAME WAY.
    I'M FIERCELY LOYAL AND WILL ALWAYS BE AROUND TO DEFEND YOU.
    YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL AND CHERISHED AND WAY TOOOOOO HARD ON YOURSELF. I HOPE YOU WILL COME TO REALIZE ONE DAY JUST HOW CHERISHED YOU ARE. YOU ARE WORTHY TO BE LOVED. YOU CANNOT HELP NOR DID YOU DO ANYTHING WRONG AS A CHILD TO CAUSE THE ABUSE YOU ENDURED.
    BE GOOD TO YOURSELF MY BEAUTIFUL FRIEND.
    HUGS AND LOVE
    SIMPLY DEBBIE

  • ★Carol★

    I hate to hear that anyone had a miserable childhood, but you would never know it here, on your blog. You've got such a great sense of humor, and you've "growed up" real good!
    Love today's graphic, of the fancy gloved lady. She looks like a famous actress from the past, but I can't think who. It's going to drive me nuts now until I figure it out!
    Have a great weekend!
    Carol

  • Marjorie (Molly) Smith

    My Holly girl, I think we can say that alot of us had terrible childhoods, some to lesser degrees than others, but there is an old sayin, "what doesn't kill you just makes you stronger" there are times I feel sorry for myself for my childhood and want to have a pity party, but then I realize that just made me more determend to treat others better than I was treated. You are so much better than your childhood, it has made you so strong and loving.
    I feel for you, especially right now when I am also feeling sorry for myself, we deserve to do that every now and then, but I have decided to just hold my interchild and let her know she was loved and is safe now.
    I appricate you Holly you have always been here for me when I am down.
    Molly

  • Marjorie (Molly) Smith

    well I am totally pissed now...grrrr, spent 30 minutes writing you a nice long note of encouragement and some of my feels from a bad childhood and when I posted it ..it vanished..guess it wasn't meant to be posted...lol..so I'll just say What didn't kill us made us stronger and we are survivors.
    Love you girl. You are awesome.
    Molly

  • Marjorie (Molly) Smith

    silly me didn't see the message that comment will be visible after approval....duhhh.
    Molly

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...