Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Saturday, August 14

Ol' Fatty Lumpkin

Today we have both a blank version and a "Happy Autumn" version of a vintage postcard.

Regular-click them to enlarge. Or keep them this smaller size. Right-click when ready to save the image on yer own computer.

I'm shocked to report that I have seen a pumpkin appear on a porch already. But I love it. I like to detour out of my way just to drive by it. Wonder where they found it? Mayhap they grew it. I have nicknamed it "Ol' Fatty Pumpkin" in honor of the rotund pony in Lord of the Rings called Fatty Lumpkin.



17 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Bernie

    These are great....pumpkins out already, someone is rushing Fall. Still very warm here Holly. Have a great weekend......:-) Hugs

  • Bhavesh Chhatbar

    These are amazingly creative graphics, Holly! :)

  • MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~

    Holly I can'twait for PUMPKINS this season...they will all line my porch!

  • Jane

    Anxiously waiting for fall as well. I saw a pumpkin display in a restaurant just a few weeks ago. I guess that others are anxious for its arrival as well!

    Jane

  • LADY JANE

    I belive that the lil' pumpkin MAY havebeen placd there in tribute to me' dear friend aka punkinhead Holly!

  • Anonymous

    These Fall leaves would make such a pretty postcard. The town next to us, Morton, IL, calls itself the "Pumpkin Capital of the World". They have a huge Libby's pumpkin canning plant there. And TONS of fields in our area are planted with those punkins'. In a month or so, big time punkin' pickin and processing with begin. And boy does it stink! Smiles, Sally

  • Carmen S.

    Very lovely:) I haven't seen any pumpkins here yet, but I am anxiously awaiting their arrival;)Enjoy your day Holly!!!!!

  • Debra

    No pumpkins out here yet- I have heard of all the pumpkins in Morton- not that far away from me- may go to see them this year!
    Beautiful graphics!

  • AkasaWolfSong

    I love pumpkins but I sure would not put one on my porch at this time of the year...it'd mold and rot so fast in this heat!

    I love the graphics Holly! Very nice!

  • Faith

    Love them punkins....they are so sweet and simple with or w/out faces..I'm thinking mayhap these are of the plastic look alike variety which are out now in the craft stores..the poor dear still has growing to do, and the heat will just kill it before too long, not to mention the varments..but still, they are lovely to look at and bring cheer to the heart.

  • Heather's Blog-o-rama

    This is such a cute image. Thanks for sharing both of them with us :) :) I love pumpkins too!!!..and I don't recall Ol' Fatty Lumpkin from The Lord of the Rings. Was that the book or the movies? I have both...so I'll have to go check it out :) :) Have a great weekend. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

  • Amrita

    Hi Holly, these sign are very welcome. I wish autumn was closer. Tomorrow is our 64th Independence Day. Thank you for answering my questions on my blog. I have to write to you.

  • Home and Heart

    These are just perfect, and just what I needed! Thank you!

  • Baggaraggs:

    Holly, I got a new halloween FLAg. very exciting. Maybe her pumpkin on the porch was a fake one like I have...i actually have a few.

  • Doris Sturm

    They probably grew it themselves. I think this year I'll buy a pumpkin early just to cut it up and make pies. I love the cooler weather for a lot of reasons, but especially since I can heat my house via the kitchen ;-)

    Hope you and yours are doing well.
    Love,
    Doris and Gizzy :-)

  • Doris Sturm

    p.s. I think your graphics are lovely! I think I might crochet some colorful leaves and pin them around my wooden wreath for the door.

  • OldeAnniePrimitives

    LOVE this fall graphic. I have such a hard time finding fall graphics that don't have turkeys or Halloween on them! Just want FALL! :) Thank you! ~~Annie

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...