Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Tuesday, July 6

You Catch More Flies with Flycatchers Than You Do with Honey

I think these elegant birds are called flycatchers. I love to see vivid blue in nature, whether on flora or fauna. What looks tacky in a manmade item is never garish when designed and colored by nature!

Right-click to save. It gets bigger.

I am a very long-suffering donkey today. My son's dad is visiting him and sleeping in my computer room and using my computer and pushing my beads aside on the desk and eating up my vittles and criticizing the cats and just generally causing me to have a headache and the desire to throw things at him.


17 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • A Bit of the Blarney

    Lovely!!! REALLY!!! Cathy

  • Anvilcloud

    Hope the visit is short, or you may do something regrettable. :)

  • Amrita

    Hi Holly Love the beautiful birds.

    There is a memorial prayer meeting for Aunt Virgie in a short while, but I wanted to come and say Hi.

  • Anonymous

    Gosh Holly, I'm trying to think of something positive to say...hmmm...OK, Hope your son and his dad have a good visit and I hope it's over soon for you! That's probably as far as my positive thoughts will go!! Good luck. Sally

  • Debra

    The birds are truly beautiful!
    I hope your ex realizes what a kindness you have extended to him one he probably does not deserve!
    I hope his visit goes by quickly for you- and if you need to rant just email me!!

  • Carmen S.

    PUSHING YER BEADS ASIDE???? SHAME on him, how rude! I hope your son is enjoying the visit but I'm sure you will be glad to get your room back:)

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    Go ahead and throw!
    Egad....you're living a nightmare...my ex makes me physically ill....I have to be medicated if our paths cross...like at daughter's college graduation...her wedding took xanax and champagne to get through, he hee.
    Good luck, may you be surrounded by good karma, and have lightning bolts to zap him in your eyes.
    Pure proof of love of son, hope he appreciates it!

  • ★Carol★

    What a thoroughly modern donkey you are, to let your son's dad sleep in your house! And touch your beads and eat your vittles. I guess all you can do is keep repeating to yourself: This is for my son, this is for my son. Keep doing that until the varmint goes home!

  • Knitty

    Oh Holly dear, what a stressful situation for you. I hope the visit is good for your son but brief for your sake.

    You are so right (as usual! ;D ) about colors in nature. Two colors that would ridiculous if most of us wore them together at once look stunning in a garden.

    Sending strength and calmness your way....

  • OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts

    That would make me crazy too. Looks like nobody house trained him huh?

  • Holly, the Old Western Gal

    Hi frens!

    Will you write to me in prison?

    Because he's arguing with me about my hometown now.

    There could be violence.

  • Anonymous

    Oh no! Not the hometown! No prison my friend, but I could join you in giving him a good butt whoopin' LOL

  • Bernie

    Hi Holly, your beautiful necklace arrived today and I absolutely adore it, thank you ever so much......My internet has been down since last Wednesday night, I'm not sure I will ever get caught up with my blogs but just had to stop by and say thank you.
    Hope the exfactor has left but also hope your son had a wonderful visit with his dad.
    Big hugs my friend......:-) Hugs

  • Holly, the Old Western Gal

    Let's hit him with a loaf of French Bread, Tabby, he's talkin' trash about New Orleans!!!

  • Mary | Deep South Dish

    LOL, sorry but LMBO at the comment about the ex. You are yours are quite generous to open your home for him. I don't think I could have ever done that myself. Nope. Off to a motel you!!

    Love that bird! Haven't ever seen one here though.

  • Debra

    WEll? Did you hit him with that loaf if French bread?

  • Marjorie (Molly) Smith

    Oh no, ok I might tell you to just grin and bear it about the beads & computer, but talking trash about Norean's ain't happening on my watch, hit him with the french bread and choke him with gold and purple beads...
    May he soon slink back to were he came from.
    Molly
    PS hope your Son enjoys his visit and realizes how much you love him.

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...