Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Monday, July 19

Fireflies and Glow-worms


Here is a little jar with some fireflies.


Over at my snowiecat and snowiecats accounts on Photobucket [those are clickable links], I have some animated firefly jars, too, that I posted before. But they are more for autumn.

Don't fergit you can "pick up' and use anything in any of my albums. I was kind of surprised to see some good stuff in 'em.


Right-click to save. Please remember that to use an ANIMATED IMAGE, you can't just upload it to Blogger. You have to pull it from where it is hosted, such as Photobucket. You can link directly to my Photobucket account and use the URL from there to post the animation on yer own bloggie. I doubt the images will become so popular that I exceed my alloted space.

11 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Cindy

    Hi Holly, your snowiecat account is wonderful. I hope it is okay , I loved your butterfly so much I posted that on my blog. I really appreciate it. thank you so much. hope you are well and enjoying your summer so far, take care.

  • Mary | Deep South Dish

    I don't see fireflies around anymore. Where have they all gone? I did see a shooting star the other night though and that was kinda cool!

    You truly have amassed quite a collection by now haven't you?

    Hope you have a great week.

  • Bernie

    I love coming here Holly, it is so calm and brings back so many memories. Thank you my friend and have a great week.....:-) Hugs

  • rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her

    I've been "away" for a bit and how sweet to return to such LIGHT. :)

  • OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts

    Darlin girl. What a wonderful collection you have on Photobucket. I am so thrilled to have found your cauldron and all it's bubble, bubble, toil and wonderfulness. I borrowed it, gave you credit and now my Ye Olde Crone's Gazette is the proud and humble home to this creation. Thanks very much. I am always amazed at your generousity and donkey fren-ness. You a goodie, says The Olde Bagg

  • Anonymous

    Hi Holly. I like your canning jars pictures. Thanks for giving the heads-up on you snowiecats pics. Now I've got to figure out how to use them. Have a great week. Smiles, Sally

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    The Hoosier fireflies are so thick every evening, this filled jar is a joy to find here today!

  • Amrita

    Hi Holly, the animated one sounds good and I like these too. We used to keep fireflies in tin cans as kids I remember.THey fascinated me.

    Thank you for sharing such creativity with us.

  • Faith

    These are so pretty Miss Holly, we call them lightning bugs here in OH...they are so special and such a delight to the kids. This and the lady bug are two bugs I will not squash... I remember catching these as a child and putting them in a little jar with a lid for air, and grass for chewing on...and delighted when my own children found them exciting and fun..thanks for sharing...very pretty fall graphics...getting geared up for fall...my favorite.......:)

  • Bernie

    Holly can you help? I tried to download your butterfly from your snowiecat page to my blog but I can't get it to move....can you e-mail me, don't know what I did wrong unless I copied the wrong code. If you are too busy to do this I understand.....thanks.....:-) Hugs

  • Debra

    I though I had posed a comment but don't see it now! Love the firefly jar! We have had a ton of lightening bugs this year- for over a month now!

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...