Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Wednesday, July 28

Bee Glad It's Still Summer?


I have to rush the seasons. As a child, it was something to look forward to, a hope for a better tomorrow when my days were so sad.

When I employed as an editor, we worked many months in advance.

Moonlighting at a department store meant rushing the seasons, too. The brief amount I taught was always spent keying lessons to the seasons, to make it topical and more interesting to the students.

Now we are stacking boxes of Hallowe'en cards up for work, too.

But those who dwell in the cold climes get a worried shiver when thinking about autumn coming up so soon. It's not enough warm season, for them. So here's a lil' bee that is still enjoying the high temperatures.

Right-click to save. This is a "transparent" image. Meaning, your background will show around it.


12 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Mary | Deep South Dish

    So true - I wonder if anybody really still lives in the present anymore.

  • Crystal

    It's been so very hot this summer that this here Gal, from the cold climes of New England, is ready to yell, "uncle"!

    I can't wait for autumn (my favorite season)!

    And I hear you on the magnifying mirror! Oh, the horror! The tough part is not knowing if I've always looked this way and just couldn't see it, or if it's a fairly new deal. In any event - boo hoo, bwaaaah, sniffle, sniffle! ;-)

    Hugs,
    Crystal

  • Amrita

    I am so happy to BEE here Holly. Oh yes I can' t wait for the cool season to come on such a hot sunny humid day like today

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    I'm with Amrita! Bring on the cooler days, phooey on this Summer nonsense!
    Love your post today, and Bee happy!

  • Anonymous

    I love bee pictures Holly but really dislike them in real life. I guess they are ok if they stay away from me!! I really don't mind heat but we always get that dratted humidity with it. Today is no exception. Thanks for the pic, Sally

  • Knitty

    Autumn will get here soon enough! Let the season be, dear girl, let it bee. :)

  • Carmen S.

    I tend to rush the season's too, always wanting what's coming next, right now I just want Sept. 8th & 9th (family day & graduation) so I can see my baby boy:)Did you get your surprise yet??

  • xashee's corner

    i truly scroll back when visiting you now so i don't miss a thing! you ALWAYS crack me up with your posts and i LOVE the graphics too!
    Thanks so very much for visiting me so loyally, i soooooooooo look forward to your comments!!
    Yep, he's ours!! a friend had a couple of pups this weekend and i just could NOT resist the little boy. He is so full of energy, it is truly comical!! Today he gets his first vet visit. i am sure it will be a clean bill of health and maybe his first puppy shot. :)
    i hate when blogger eats my comments, so i usually copy before trying to post. That way if it gets lost, i still have it copied...it seems to work. Have an AWESOME day, my friend! :D

  • Debra

    I do love Autumn- it is such a pretty time of year- but since I live in a cold winter climate I want to hold onto Summer awhile longer! Cute bee graphic!

  • Anonymous

    I feel guilty rushing the seasons because I feel that I'm wishing my life away, but I do look forward to the cool weather, but why? It's just going to get hot again soon after...so I might as well linger in the humidity and heat thinking cool thoughts of Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas for it will be here before we know it.
    I'm sorry about your sad days in your childhood - those linger forever - and I believe a lot of us had them, to a certain degree. Wouldn't it be nice if children never had to fear or feel lost or scared because in a perfect world they'd feel protected and loved by everyone, but...(sigh!)
    Thanks for the bee - I snatched it up in a hurry ;-)
    Wishing you a happy day!
    Doris and Gizzy
    www.CrochetinginGeorgia.blogspot.com
    (We love you!)

  • Pippajo

    I hate rushing the seasons away except for Summer! I hate the weather! Autumn can't come quick enough for me, though I don't look forward to the children going back to school.

    I guess I'll just lock myself inside where it's air conditioned and gulp down glasses of ice water while I enjoy the slower, lazy days of Summer, even if it is hot! September will roll around eventually whether I'm fretting about it or not!

  • Simply Debbie

    HOLLY,
    I AM SO SORRY FOR YOUR BAD DAYS AND I WISH I COULD CHANGE THEM...THAT THEY BE ERASED FROM YOUR MIND BUT THEN THE KINDEST, TRUEST FRIEND IS ONE WHO HAS WALKED SIMILAR PATHS AND BECAUSE OF THAT CAN AND DOES HOLD THE HAND OF THE ONE IN NEED UNTIL THEY CAN WALK ON THEIR OWN...YOU HAVE HELD THE HAND OF SO MANY PEOPLE HOLLY AND I AM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE.
    YOU ALWAYS HAVE A PLACE IN MY HEART.
    LOVE AND HUGS
    SIMPLY DEBBIE

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...