Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Saturday, July 24

Warning: 10X Mirrors Are Evil, and Another Shoe Boat

I was happier before I bought a super-magnifying mirror.

I didn't know I had a moustache.

I drooped around all morning after making this discovery, then decided to stop being an ingrate about losing my looks. But of course the moustache was removed, with many an "Ow!" and some rather foul language, I'm afraid.

Maybe I'll change my name from Ol' Western Gal to Holly the Fur-Faced Cowgirl.

Here are a couple more shoe-boats. Maybe that was what the original play was supposed to be called: "Shoe Boat." It was about a whole bunch of people living on a giant paddlewheel pump in Victorian times, and having to relace it and polish the leather and stuff. But someone went and messed up the letters and they had to change the play to reflect the misspelling, and "Show Boat" was born.


10 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Amrita

    I am collecting you r Show Boats holly. They are so cute.

    I am a fur face too. Gotta crop it out.


    Had rain in th e afternoon, and now the sun is out.

  • Buttercup

    I'm a fur face, too, and I try and stay away from mirrors. Of course, now the fur gets lost in the wrinkles.

  • Debra

    Good morning from a fellow fur face!
    It is another one of life's not so pleasant things!Love the new shoes!!

  • Carmen S.

    LOL...those mirrors are VERY scary but also great for plucking those stray chin hairs:) How clever to boat around in shoes!!! Hope you are enjoying the weekend, it is a HOT one here, in the 90's:(

  • Anonymous

    Just call me fur face too! Oh well, we have bigger and better things to think about...right?! I think I'm developing this shoe fetish you have. I love these cute pics of shoes on water. Have a good day. Smiles, Sally

  • Faith

    Dear Miss Holly, you make me laugh out loud..you come up with some of the most wonderful topics..... I don't get the people in shoe things...but some do like them...enjoy I say..

  • Angela

    Your shoe boats are just too cute today! Had to grab those too!

    My aunt used to have such hair on her face we couldn't believe she didn't shave it! I mean you could see it from a mile away!

    Have a Great Day!
    Angela

  • Nancy at the Farm

    Thank you so much for the laugh! I have enough peach fuzz to make a coat - the good news so do my friends and we simply do not care. And now I have save the expense of buyng one of those dang mirrors! How rude! They should come with a warning! Love the shoe images too. Thanks!

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    Oh my...welcome to the land of fur faces! Once I turned 50, chin whiskers began to appear and a goatee under my bottom lip!
    Lord...what else will grow, and where???
    I've removed most mirrors in our home.
    They are NOT our friend.
    Love your shoe graphics of late.
    Sigh....who knew that aging would be such a hairy experience????

  • Bernie

    Oh Holly, it happens to all of us, (I never go anywhere without my tweezers) and I have more hair on my face than I do on my head....honestly getting older is not for the weak.
    Love the little shoes...........:-) Hugs

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...