Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Friday, July 23

If the Shoe Floats

Surprisingly, there are quite a few old images of people floating in shoes.

They are mainly from advertising cards.

I toyed with the idea of having a blog that featured pictures and geographic locations of single, abandoned shoes.

I was so enthusiastic about it. Readers could send in their pictures of shoes. You know, those poor ol' shoes you see just sitting in the middle of the road. I always wonder how and why one shoe ended up in the road. Sometimes the shoe is pretty new. Fer awhile I was convinced that idea of the Abandoned Shoe Blog would generate so many clicks I'd be rich, rich, RICH! Now that I'm back (sort of) in my right mind, I realize, "No." Not a sensible idea at all. I hereby give said idea to anyone crazy enough to tackle it.

This gets huge when clicked. Wish the same would happen when I check my pitiful bank account online. *click* Ooooo, the decimal moved to the right!!! It's usually way over at the left!!!


15 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Carmen S.

    LOL, at first glance I thought she had a dog in the boat with her but now it looks more like a person???? I'm not quite awake yet:D

  • Amrita

    2 w omen in a boat and I am th e one on the left LOL.


    Very unique picture Holly. Wanna ride a shoe too.

  • Anonymous

    Hi Holly, that guy in the shoe/boat looks a little funny. I bet that gal's pretty hairdo won't look so nice when that shoe tips over in the water. I think shoes probably aren't too seaworthy. I've thought more about shoe/boats than I ever guessed I would...THANKS HOLLY! lol Have a great weekend. Smiles, Sally

  • Dawn

    My aren't you the funny one this morning! I think some research is in order. Why all the shoe boats? It must mean something!

  • AkasaWolfSong

    You, Miss Holly, are a stitch! Oh man!

    As for the shoes I have often thought the same thing...or why one would throw only one shoe over a telephone wire? That one always gets me!

    Anywho, cute graphic!

    xoxoxo

  • Debra

    Unique graphic!! I also wonder why one shoe along the side of the road!
    Although the other day we saw a pair- I guess they felt the need to go barefoot.
    Expensive though to lose your shoes!!

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    A very Parisian theme to this shoe graphic.
    Cool!
    Your words reminded me of how a young Josh would throw his shoes and socks out of the back car windows....sigh, and I would go up and down country roads looking for them through the brush and grasses....he was such a pill and very autistic in behavior during that time.
    He remembers none of it.
    He hee!

  • Anonymous

    our young son, Matt would often throw his shoes off..either out the window or anywhere we happened to be..once we went to about 4 different grocery stores, getting all their sales, when we realized his brand new shoes were missing...we had to go back to each store for a search..found them in the frozen food section of the last store..go figure

  • Faith

    You do, by being a creative person yourself, bring out topics and thoughts, which individually we have thought about at one time or another to ourselves...not thinking anybody but us would make note of...Thank you that we can collectively comment on what is not an individual thought...it's always interesting with you Miss Holly.....it's fun to spend time with ye...

  • Faith

    ps...what is that in the boat with the lady? an old man...? They mayhap should have been in high top shoe, if this one is not sea worthy....

  • Julia

    I see tied shoes thrown over telephone lines all the time. Strange custom out here. But the solitary shoe does show up too sometimes. In fact in my house quiet often. Have a great weekend!

  • The Joy of Nesting

    OWG, Rosey here,

    Does make you wonder what passes as intelligent thought in some humans. :) I head for the Northlands tomorrow To say that I'm not looking forward to the DRY 100degree weather is a gross understatement!! I shall be a prune by the time I return!! :( Yet it is more then worth it to be able to play with my little red headed grandson! :)

    Pattie ;)
    Mazatlan Mx.

  • Buttercup

    I've never thought about sailing around in a shoe, but it seems like it would be fun. I sense a new amusement park ride in the works.

  • Amrita

    Hi Holly I am inviting you to a ride Texas style on my blog.There 's lots of company too. Your hubby and son will like it too.

  • Amrita

    Hi Holly missed you over the weekend. Hope your puter cleaned up soon.

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...