Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Friday, July 2

Sassafrassarassa and Other Grumblings

Hmph! Yesterday I went into work to find fifteen boxes of cards and party products waiting fer me. They had arrived Tuesday -- the day before I was told there was nothing to do and had six hours of work chopped right off my week.

When this recession is over, I think Hallmark is going to find it tough to hire workers willing to put up with their antics.

Here is a graphic of what I felt like doing after wrasslin' all those boxes. You likewise have felt like this, I'm sure! I love redwork and blackwork and this reminds me of it. It gets bigger when clicked.


13 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Debra

    Oh Gosh Holly- can Hallmark say "stupid"! You could have used those hours! I am sure you did fell like sitting in a chair!
    I love the blackwork and redwork too!
    Sleep well!

  • Anvilcloud

    I guess the way Hallmark greets you one some days is not all that touching.

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    Like our gov't, big corporations have gone brain dead as well. Too bad that your poor muscles had to pay the price for their stoo-pidity!
    Love today's tired girl...redwork is a fav here too. Don't have any, but sure do like it.
    O happy day....hang in there kid!

  • Anonymous

    Geez Holly, is your work something like that saying "Hurry up and wait" or maybe just the opposite? Some companies' business practices just have me scratchin' my head! Rest up and smile, Sally

  • Julia

    They just want to see how much they can cram in to your "efficiency." Their psychology is that if you see all that work to be done you will do it in a shorter amount of time. Work HARDER!!! Work FASTER!!!

    Some companies are just not right. . .

  • Angela

    Seems like all employers are pushing their employees to the limits because they know they can! They know that people need jobs and there aren't that many out there. Therefore they can get by with what they want.

    Happy 4th of July!
    Angela

  • Carmen S.

    What are they thinking?? I agree, companies are taking advantage of workers because they know *they can* right now, they should be ashamed of themselves as should the person in the card isle eating carrot cake:O

  • Amrita

    Sorry about that Holly. Take good rest.

    Look at my blog post on Kashmir houseboats- it might cheer you up.LOL.

    Dark cklouds came morning -evening but no rain still.

  • OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts

    Hey darling girl, sorry about the salute to the American worker with the one finger salute to employees.....lots of companies like that now a days. Too bad, sorta puts you off your loyalty huh? SM took a job this time. He has never done that before. Usually he joins a company and invest himself in learning and trying to do a good job. In our 38 years together, he has been employed by 5 entities. Much like Hallmark, the last two just said like it or lump it. So now....he'll take his job with no lumps please.

  • Lynn Barbadora

    So much for an employer thinking that if they treat their employees well ..........it will be returned .....hang in there.....Holly! Love the redwork! Happy 4th!
    Hugs,
    Lynn

  • Knitty

    I know the bottom line on profit is watched carefully and expenses go up for corporations as well as the individual workers BUT in many businesses, the people who decide to cut hours (and corners) often have no idea how long it takes to get specific jobs done. They should all work their way up from pushing a broom to see what it takes to run the entire company.

    No lie or exaggeration in this example: An upper echelon automotive executive wanted a vehicle transported from almost the east coast to the west coast by a company specializing in secured vehicle transport. They told the exec it would take 4 days to get across xxxx miles and through the mountains using a two man driving team (laws are specific how long one driver may drive). Exec wanted them to put four drivers in the truck to get there in less time. Transport company tried to explain that even having 8 drivers wouldn't change the minimum amount of time but exec wasn't getting it. His math told him that 96 hours divided by 4 drivers meant they should get the car delivered in one day.

    You can't fix stupid.

  • Carmen S.

    Me again:) I got my surprise, thank you so much!!!! Sent you an e-mail, let me know if you get it, last time I sent one it couldn't be delivered, but wanted you to know I sent one;)I will wear that pin down to the graduation and family day in Sept.!!!

  • Mary | Deep South Dish

    Ah, the stupidity of corporate America! I remember coming home looking like that image many a time. I sure don't miss it.

    Hope you have a nice weekend.

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...