Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Saturday, May 8

Strange Sights and Mother's Day Postcard Images

Banner Haus News and Musings

I'll be at work on the Walmart card aisles today. We are doing tag-team replenishment of the Mother's Day cards. Ditto for Sunday.

Last night I saw a meteor through the bedroom curtains, which are just plain old thin white cotton tiers and easy to see through. We called meteors "fireballs" when I was young. Seeing a fireball is a very sobering experience for me, and also makes me feel pleasantly frightened. Gracious, a fireball! I do believe I can remember every instance I have seen a fireball.

Free Vintage Mother's Day Images from Old Postcards!

Hope everyone is having a pleasant Saturday so far...regular-click these if you wish to enlarge them. Or right-click any size to save.

I did what I could with the mother kitty's expression. Her head was GIANT but I shrank it down and tried to give her a bit happier of an expression. She seemed most perturbed and exhausted in the original, and really, with just three in a litter (is the one to the left even hers?), she shouldn't be looking so dreadful.



9 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Bernie

    These post cards are so cute Holly.

    Last winter we had a huge meteor fall over our area and it lit up my whole house, pieces of it were found on many farm lands and scientist from all over came to search for pieces. It was quite a big deal....I had no idea what it was, when I got to the door to look out I only saw it for a nano second but when the house lit up you would of thought there were 500 watt light bulbs in every room. Happy Mothers Day my friend.......:-) Hugs

  • Anvilcloud

    I'm almost positive the the fireball was just a reflection of yourself (her said as a compliment).

  • Anonymous

    Hi Holly, thanks for the cards, esp. the pansy one. These old images are darling. Take good care at wallyworld today so you don't get run over by desperate card shoppers. ;) Sally

  • Debra

    Hope you have a great day at work! Nice graphics today!

  • Ruby

    Those old cards with cats (and dogs) always look a little desperate. I equate it with the photos of the time where people never smiled. Thanks for sharing! :)

  • Carmen S.

    What a cute kitty family! I don't think I've ever seen a fireball, or maybe i did and just didn't know what it was, lol! I hope you have a wonderful mother's Day, we who have young men need a day of rest:)

  • Doris Sturm

    Happy Mothe's Day, sorry you have to work. For me it'll be almost like every other day with the exception that I will be feeling WORSE because I will not be getting a phone call, like I normally don't. So, such is life. I will not be blogging tomorrow and thought I'd stop by to say Happy Mother's Day to you, dear friend.
    With Love,
    Doris :-)

  • Faith

    Happy Mother's Day....I am working as I do every w/e for years now. I have never seen a fireball..
    it sounds scary..We have so many dang blasted lights here, if there was one, I don't know if it would make a differance...To near the city :(

  • Amrita

    when we were children we used to sleep under the stars in the summer. It was safe then and we used to see the meteors and stars fall aqnd spot Russian Sutniks crawl over our heavens.

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...