Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Friday, May 28

Bee Yerselves

Banner Haus News and Musings

Oh, I'm irked at myself! I get images ready fer this bloggie, then forget which folder, which drive even, where they're stored. Wah! Then I have to do a search: "Search all .png files modified within the last week." Oh, THERE they are! Stored in the Christmas08 folder, of course! 

I must stop this image hoarding. I have already "caught and released" thousands of images. I don't have to get the idea that if I don't hang onto these images, they'll be lost forever. I'm going to make myself upload them to Flickr or Photobucket, and then wipe my external disks clean! I will do it!

Buzzing About - Free Vintage Bee Clip Art

Here, taken from an old bookplate, are some nice bees. At least I think they are bees. Don't they look a bit fly-like? 

We have an interesting fly here that is marked like a bee and likes to sip nectar, too. Or maybe it's munching pollen. It is busy around the blossoms, regardless. I like that lil' fly!


12 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Debra

    I can beleive you have cuaght and released a thosand images with no trouble- you are the image queen!
    That bee does look a little fly like- I am sure he is munching pollen!!

  • Home and Heart

    My 6 year old loves this. Bees are one of his faves right now! Thanks!!

  • Mary | Deep South Dish

    I like your catch and release program! Have a great weekend doll.

  • Anvilcloud

    That sounds like a most excellent idea. If you do Flickr be sure to download the batch installer.

  • Terry

    Loving the bees! Although I am especially partial to honeybees, and none of these look much like honeybees to me. Any chance that someday in your free time (yeah, right!) you could make a honeybee divider...maybe a sweet parade of little honeybees? Just asking... Thanks for sharing your talents!

  • Anonymous

    I think I'm a hoarder of graphics. I guess it's not the worst vice to have though. My kids will probably try to do an intervention on me someday. lol! Thanks for the bees, I love them. Smiles, Sally

  • Carmen S.

    Catch and release for images, I like that:) I don't mind bees as long as they leave me alone, but I don't like the big "drilling" bees that drill big holes in wood and ruin it:(
    I have 2 more places to look today for the balloons, so I'll let you know, thanks for the offer:)

  • AkasaWolfSong

    I love this cute little bee graphic...I wish I were more technological...you are so good at it. I can understand the hoarding of the 'stuff' as my computer is loaded with cool pics...I should probably upload some to photobucket and flicker too. Duh? He He He
    I knew there was a reason I stopped by...simply because you are an inspiration Holly!
    Have a Fantastic Holiday Weekend!

  • Doris Sturm

    the brown and gold striped one looks like a bee, the black ones look a bit dangerous...but whatever they are, they are good pollinators and as long as it's not a yellow fly, they're alright by me. I've never heard of yellow flies till I moved here and boy am I allergic to their stings/bites...

    I hope you'll be having a good day tod, m'lady, I've been hibernating for the past week, trying to tend to my boo-boos and not collecting any more by sticking my head out the door...I feel sorry for Gizzy.

  • Amrita

    Hi Holly, the bees are very sweet
    Sometimes I also forget where I have stored my photos etc.

    Today we had a light shower in the morning that brought the temperature down a notch so we went to a park for a while and visited an aunt in hospital.

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    How cool! Love these bees.
    We have a swarm out our back door, and we have to swat to enter/exit. 'Tis the season for them I guess.

  • Linda Ruthie

    I definitely am an image hoarder. It began with my saving pics of any vintage apron pattern I came upon. Oh, how I would love to make a book with all of these. Then I found so many wonderful bloggers who share their vintage images. I have lots of files to sort them into. I'm glad to know I'm not alone in this. Do we need an Image Hoarders Support Group? ;-)

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...