Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Thursday, May 20

Dream On -- Pretty Vintage Clip Art


Banner Haus News and Musings

Nothing amusing to-day, m'dears! Just keepin' on keepin' on. And some days that's enough and plenty!

Free Vintage Image

Ah, what a dream. A hammock, a good book, lovely shoes, a well-behaved dog fer company (we'll overlook the fact he's a-settin' on the table), and somewhere to the right of the scene, a large cake.

Right-click to save this smaller size; regular click to let a postcard-sized image load.




13 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Bernie

    It has been quiet in blogsophere Holly, I think everyone is working in their gardens and I don't blame them (I would too if I had one) too soon to plant in Alberta, will in a couple of weeks.
    Love the picture you have chosen for us tonight, so cozy looking.......:-) Hugs

  • Holly, the Old Western Gal

    Hi Bernie!

    Yes, very quiet on the bloggies. Summers are usually a lil' bit lonely for those of us who have trouble with insomnia! Fall picks up, though...

    Gosh, Alberta must be a very chilly place. Canada is so pretty, but you have to be tough...

  • Debra

    Oh My! That dream sounds lovely! Beautiful graphic! Did you get my pics?

  • Denise Marie

    love it!! looks so dreamy. Wish that were a beagle but I'll use it anyhow.

  • Anonymous

    That pic looks so relaxing, or maybe I just feeling really lazy right now. Yeah, I'll go with that! You just keep on today and smile. Sally

  • ByLightOfMoon

    Well, My Goodness, Look Who Has Moved?
    My blogging has been slow and I have missed you but have had you in thoughts! I love your new home here at Banner haus and it is very pretty, of course all your Art is to be in the Awesome Range! So you may move huh, I loved Texas whenre there last spring, it is hot here in Alabama too. We have already had 90 degree days!
    Smiles, Cyndi

  • Amrita

    Nothinbg amusing is happening here, except that was had an early morning dust storm, so the temp is aound 110 insttead of more4.

    I have a barrel ful of problems An ailing aunt is in a bad shape. Her daaytime nurse is not reliable and sometimes she does not show up - that adds to our problems. Aunt is very difficult to d3eal with and she thinks I am a moron.

    All this is causing a lot of stress.

    Got a call from a relative, but instead of asking aboiut this they were interested in telling us all their glorious stories

  • Doris Sturm

    That does look very relaxing. Would you believe I have never layed in a hammock? I guess I have to do that once before I kick the bucket ...

  • Julia

    I so need a hammock like that right now. I'll just sneak in a wee little nap before the afternoon antics kick in. Sooooooo glad Ella continues to be a good napping girl!

    The clock is ticking now... 35 days (allegedly) until the books arrive. Yipeeee! Be looking in the mail for your copy next month. :)

  • Janice

    What a lovely setting.....I wonder if people really do that kind of thing these days? (giggle). Looks wonderful! Have a good weekend!

  • Anvilcloud

    Hah! More than one way to skin a cat. Re. your chump post. Almost anybody who posts a lot runs out of things to say. But those good things still come up every so often -- like your musings about special people's needs.

  • The Joy of Nesting

    OWG Rosey here,

    OMG you don't really think that by not putting a comments button on today's which for this post is tomorrow's self flailing comment would actually keep me from making a comment did ya??? I didn't think so :) OK now it's time to buck up little sis and pull yourself out of this funk by your cowgirl boot straps!!!!

    Now I know that neither of us are practicing Christians but you must admit the the man called Jesus was a very wise and good man. I think this little piece of the sermon on the mount does seem to address today's (which is really tomorrow's)POS day!!!

    3"Blessed are the poor in spirit,
    For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    4Blessed are those who mourn,
    For they shall be comforted.
    5Blessed are the meek,
    For they shall inherit the earth.

    6Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
    For they shall be filled.
    7Blessed are the merciful,
    For they shall obtain mercy.
    8Blessed are the pure in heart,
    For they shall see God.
    9Blessed are the peacemakers,
    For they shall be called sons of God.
    10Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake,
    For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    11"Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely

    Okay then Missy. I Rx for you a quiet weekend, throw a few gators in the moat, draw up the bridge,hang the hammock in the shade, fix a nice cold pitcher of lemonade, read a good book, make a bit of art,play a bit of Chopin. Then you can open your heart and let your spirit fly free to gain strength!!!

    When you pass over Mazatlan give me a wave!! Or better yet stop for a visit we'll sit on the beach&watch the sun set.
    Pattie ;)
    Mazatlan Mx.

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    A little beach could make most anyone feel better i bet. Life is the toughest thing we have to face.
    It's the best and the worst of times, and experiences. We soar and we dive. Pain reminds us that we're alive, but who likes to be reminded if it has to hurt?
    Fighters for the underdogs are always rewarded, maybe not during a lifetime, but one day, some how.
    You are a doll, and dadburn it Holly...we love ya'. Your road has been bumpy...you've experienced the best and the worst....it all has made you YOU. And, it's YOU who we come to see here...not your graphics...not your ear bobs. You.
    Hugs from NC....my flight tonight was canceled. So tomorrow I change planes in Baltimore, before heading to Indy. A day of work missed, oh well, boo hoo, as Julia Child used to say.

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...