Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Sunday, May 9

Mother's Day and Some Flowers

Banner Haus News and Musings

Interestingly, and surprising to me, not everyone is celebrating Mother's Day today! Other countries have other days devoted to honoring mothers. I think in Britain they call it "Mothering Sunday," and elsewhere it has different names and happens at different times as well.

But to those celebrating, Happy Mother's Day! My son doesn't go in fer Mother's Day, so I baked meself a cake! And put the icing on really thick, too.

The weather here is quite insane; hope you are faring better, donkey frens!


Quote


If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?
~Milton Berle


Free Vintage Image

Right-click to save. I thought it was just a pretty floral, appropriate fer just about any occasion.




20 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Debra

    It is a vert pretty flower graphic! Thank You!!

  • Lady Farmer

    Happy Mother's Day to you, dear! Just like all mothers, you are always giving so much to us.
    Thank You!
    Enjoy your cake! (All to yourself!) ;~P
    Blessings!

  • Anvilcloud

    Enjoy your cake and give your son a shake.

  • Beansieleigh

    A very Happy Mother's Day to you Holly! Enjoy that cake and enjoy your day! ((hugs)) ~tina

  • LADY JANE

    As usual YOU take the cake! And it is YOU one of my dearest that so deserve to HAVE your cake...and eat it too! Hugs my dear...Happy Mothers Day!

  • Faith

    What kind of cake are we having...oh heck it doesn't matter...it's cake....It's good for what ails you.. Happy Mother's Day Holly....from one of your little Donkey Friend.

    Hugs to you my fren!

  • Doris Sturm

    Apparently my daughter's not into Mother's Day either, because I never hear from her, so I will just continue being the mom to my boy and the cats and count my blessings.

    It's a nice day, windy, not jet hot, but I'm sure it will be later. There are many things to be greatful for and being a Mother's just one of them.

    All the best to you, my dear friend, for a lovely, lovely day. You will be in my thoughts!

  • Julia

    Happy Mom's Day to you Holly!

    It's been about an hour into our day and not a peep from anyone here. I just might be baking my own cake too. . .

    Thanks for the flowers. They are bright and cheerful and it's a bit dreary out today. *sigh*

  • Carmen S.

    Happy Mother's Day and ENJOY that cake!!!

  • Cindy

    Happy Mothers Day, may you have a great day. take care.

  • OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts

    Happy Mother's Day to you earbob making, caring for other people, keeping us entertained and perplexed, fun loving and cute as a button (whatever that means), donkey fren.
    (((hugs))) until next time
    psssst I do for myself on Mom's day too, then I get what I deserve.....the best.

  • Buttercup

    Happy Mother's Day and good wishes for every day. Smiles and hugs across the miles!

  • Angela

    Happy Mother's Day!

    Did you know that Mother's Day originated in West Virginia? I did a post about it if you want to check it out.

    http://wvtreasures.blogspot.com/2010/05/mothers-day-originated-in-west-virginia.html

    Hugs,
    Angela

  • Stitchesnstrokes

    Happy Mother's Day, Holly! Hope the icing is REALLY thick, the thicker the better :) Did you know that there are no calories on special occasion?? I said so... ;) Enjoy your day and the cake too Ü

  • Donna

    Enjoy that cake, my dear, and DON'T share! hahaha!!!!

  • Marjorie (Molly) Smith

    Happy Mother's Day sweet Holly. Alot of boys aren't into Mother's Day, but they still love their Mom's. My oldest isn't into it either, but his wife makes up for him and my 2 younger sons make up for everything. My middle one came down and spent the night Sat and went to Church with me..made my day first time in 10 yrs he came to Church with me. (He converted to Catholicism 3 yrs ago. I'm Baptist)
    Hope the cake was good and we know it was well deserved.
    Molly

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    I agree with all above Holly girl...you take the cake, and are such a good ol' gal. We love ya' dearly, you mean a lot to us!

  • Anonymous

    Hi Holly, hope you enjoyed your cake. We had a great day. The kids, old and young, behaved themselves and the food & weather was great. Big smiles here, Sally

  • Baggaraggs:

    Holly, you always make me laugh. I love your remarks, your attitude and your flair. You are a real sweetheart. Hugs, and Mother's day wishes. Robin

  • Nydia

    Happy belated Day, Holly!!!!! I hope yur cake is super-taty. If I was there I'd spoil you alright!

    Kisses and love fom us!

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...