Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Sunday, May 30

Perm-anently Predicting

Banner Haus News and Musings

My big prediction, based on a vibe just received: PERMS are coming back -- like the ones of the 1980s. 

I don't pick and choose these vibes. If I could, I would try to catch the one that tells what the winning lottery numbers would be. 
Free Vintage Image

Here we have a darling painting of a lil' boy who is not happy about that bee. Right-click to save. I'm particularly happy about this image because so few artists would treat the subject of black children seriously and carictatures were much too common.



11 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Mary | Deep South Dish

    Perms huh? Seriously? Well, I wonder. Has big hair really ever died in The South lol??! Course my hair is as straight as a board so the ONLY way I'd ever have big hair IS a perm! Not likely to happen, but that is an odd prediction.

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend Holly!

  • Debra

    Strange vibe- but you could be correct! Fashion tends to repeat itself.
    I do like the the graphic today!
    Spent 5 long hours in the ER last night! I can't believe it takes so long!

  • Carmen S.

    What a cute lil' boy and I very well remember perms of the 80's and how they *fried* your hair, LOL! Had mine fried on several occasions. I hope you are enjoying the weekend:)

  • Faith

    The little boy is precious..Idon't blame him for watching that bee. I myself have never had a perm...I have the naturally curly thing going on..got it from my dad. My poor mom had poker straight hair and had to get perms. A haircut here for me is $26..when I go..right now...I'm leaving it long until I can't stands no more...I imagine a perms is lots more...Back in the day...in high school we used to iron our hair to straighten it and look like all the other girl..now, they are paying big bucks to have their hair look like mine...things come around and go around again don't they.?

  • Country Whispers

    What a cute lil fellow!
    Perms...they come and go but they always stay here. If not my hair would be dreadful and I would look half dead.
    I can do without the big hair though, just need enough to get a little body.
    Hope you are enjoying this holiday weekend!

  • Doris Sturm

    Perms probably will come back - one reason might be that the baby boomers are getting older and getting older means thinning hair and thinning hair means needing a perm to fluff it up...I've been considering one. I just don't like the way my hair feels when I wash it...it feels "dead" and lifeless when it's wet, but it does look a lot fuller...I'm still debating within myself...what's the worst that can happen? I can look like I got my finger stuck in a light socket (yes, it has happened because my hair takes a perm really, really well) and then I'll have to sheer it off and that's ok by me too. I don't like messing with my hair.

    Happy weekend, m'lady. We're staying inside keeping the A/C at 69 F --- is that wrong???

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    Yep, big hair is coming back, and so is short hair according to the beauty shoppe buzz around here.
    Lovely black child, I agree, artists were somewhat biased thinking only blonde, white children were worth noting in art.

    Hope you aren't too toasty in Midland, it's hot and dry here, we could use a good rain, but only acceptable AFTER the 500 is over! (Many Hoosiers are cuckoo about that race.)
    Keep those predications coming...we need the heads up! Take care, hope things are fine.

  • Amrita

    I like the boy and the bee....very cute.
    I remember the perms. My Namrita got one for Anjali 's (both sisters) wedding. It will be fun to see them return.

  • Angela

    I've been noticing that the "Big Hair" of the 80's is trying to make a come back around here! I've done that already and won't be doing that again! The last time I did get a perm it did not take. Well, half of my hair took and the other half didn't. I wasted $80. I like my straight hair just the way it is.

  • Anonymous

    That little guy sure is cute! I used to get a perm but just got tired of trimming it to keep it lookin' good. I'm one of those people that has really thick hair and a perm makes it look really big. We joke that my hair doesn't grow long...just straight out. Hope your having a good weekend. Really hot here. Smiles, Sally

  • Simply Debbie

    HELLO MY DEAR FRIEND,
    "YOU CAN RAID MY REFRIGERATOR ANY TIME DAY OR NIGHT" AND I AM SO GLAD YOU ARRIVED IN TIME TO SEE THE DANCING POODLE...I IMAGINE YOU DIDN'T ARRIVE LATE BUT WANTED TO MISS ALL THE BUSINESS.
    I KNOW YOU AS WELL AS YOU KNOW ME.
    I'LL E MAIL YOU THE RESULTS OF MY DRS APPOINTMENT AND LAB TESTS.
    LOVE YOU BUNCHES
    SIMPLY DEBBIE

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...