Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Saturday, May 15

Storming!

Banner Haus News and Musings

I am slapping this post up between hail storms. I've never seen anything like this storm, and I've lived in stormy places. Two days ago I predicted a tornado would come to Midland. Sure enough, we had one touch down today, near the hospital. 

Our warning sirens are like lil' warbling baby birdies. I could barely hear them above the storm's ruckus!

Our street flooded and I thought I saw a lil' baby squirrel bobbing in the water. The poor thing! I could see it trying to get a breath, only to be battered by hailstones! So of course I had to run out with a broom to save it. 

Donkey dearies, it was a PINECONE. But poor ol' me got hit by hail. The broom was no protection. 

Free C. Klein Watercolor Monograms
Here's more of the monograms. If you click them, they will get larger. Save either size, if you like.








21 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Cindy

    Oh no, you could have hurt yourself Holly, glad it was only a pinecone. Take care, always glad to stop for a visit. have a great weekend.

  • Amrita

    Just like you on th e rescue. Take take care before you step out in storms my dear.I've only gone out to gather fallen mangoes in the storm.May God keep you safe.Wishing for some nice rain.

    I just gave Sheeba a shampoo, she is cooling off now.Her fur takes ages to dry - she keeps cool thaty way.

    Nice graphics in the series.

  • Anonymous

    Oh dear Holly, you should have had your flail in you back pocket to take care of that pesky hail. Be careful in those Texas storms. Thanks for visiting my little bloggie. Thanks loads for these pretty monograms. Smile, Sally

  • Debra

    Oh My gosh! I am glad you are ok!LOvely alphabet graphics! Have a good day!

  • Faith

    It was a nice decent thought to help the would be baby squirrel, your heart was in the right place. Can I tell you how many chartruese things I have seen since yesterday..I had to look up the color, and now every time I see it, I think of you. I saw a man in chartruese clogs, I went to buy work pants, and the tops I saw a the the store..some were chartruese....it is everywhere....glad you are ok...and weathered the storm...have a good w/e my lil donkey fren...

  • Carmen S.

    Holly~ I'm so glad your okay, and hope no one was hurt by the tornado? I wish you wouldn't have gone outside in the hail, but this is coming from someone who ran off the road once(OK, MORE than once) to avoid hitting a squirrel:) I hope you have better weather ahead! My instincts are not as sensitive as yours, but I just have had this nagging feeling about my son and the Army....and that darn FOOT of his......time will tell.

  • Angela

    Oh no girl! You are so brave! Too bad it was just a pine cone! That is funny though!

    Hope today is better than yesterday!
    Angela

  • Anonymous

    I'm glad you're okay! We had it rough yesterday as well, but no tornadoes thankfully. Be very careful my friend!

  • Donna

    I'm sorry that you got klunked on the head! It was for a noble cause!

  • Stitchesnstrokes

    Holy smokes, Holly! I've never been through one of those storms and don't hope it! Thanks for the N, I've been waiting for it! :) Hugs

  • Linda @ A La Carte

    Hope you weren't hit on the noggin to hard with that hail! Darn sweet of you though!

  • Baggaraggs:

    Listen little Donkey Fren. You had better becareful with your precious self. crazy weather out there. Thanks for the monograms. Hugs, Robin

  • Doris Sturm

    Awww...poor Holly got pounded by hail over a pinecone (that's something I would do) goes to show you that "No good deed goes unpunished!"

    Thanks for the letter "S" now I can make my own stationary to write home to my family in Germany (Yes, I still write the old fashioned way) because my parents don't "Do" computer!

    Happy weekend :-) I'm sitting outside crocheting! (I love to crochet outside.)

  • Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life

    Holly, I LOVE these monograms! Gorgeous.

    I used one of your graphics on my site today, and linked it to your site. Wanted people to know you are often a part of my life (when I share one of your generously free graphics).

    Here's wishing you happy glimpses of fun and joy in unexpected places!

  • OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts

    I used to have to rescue the baby turtles from a low area in the yard when it hailed. They didn't have any good sense and I couldn't let then get hurt. You're a goodie Ms. Hollie.

  • Bernie

    What a sweet soul you are, thinking of a baby squirrel instead of yourself.....hope your weather has settled.......:-) Hugs

  • ★Carol★

    Bless your li'l old donkey heart for trying to save that pinecone. I mean squirrel. Whatever! That must have hurt, being pummeled by hail. I hope that pinecone appreciates it. You're so silly!

  • Beansieleigh

    Oh, God bless you Holly! It takes a heart of gold to run out and do what you did!... even if it WAS a pine cone! Now, I just hope the flooding has cleared up and out, and that you're o.k.!!.. I've been inside a CAR once, where the hail pounded so hard, it nearly scared the livin' daylights out of me! ~tina

  • Marjorie (Molly) Smith

    I have another friend who lives in Midland and she said it was really bad over your way. I'm sure it is headed our way, and my friend Trish in Mo had a tornado near her yesterday..her barn is now neatly(not really neatly) stacked in boards on the other side of their house, thank God the house was skipped but several large trees didn't survive.
    You be careful dear Holly and stay in out of the hail.
    Molly

  • Anvilcloud

    I think the hail was making you a bit squirrely.

  • Nydia

    Holly! Only today I came here and read about the storms in your area! Do be double careful, mplease! I'm scared to death to huge storms - love the noisy ones but flooding is not fun, we had some awful ones here and I know how sd it is. Keep us posted.

    Kissses and much love from us.

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...