Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Friday, May 14

Greedy for Beads -- and More Rose Monograms

Banner Haus News and Musings

I have almost finished my first brass necklace. I made one, was really unhappy with it, and took it apart to use in the making of another one. I have a tendency to hoard beads, and to make these "dangle drop" flower necklaces, you have to be willing to use a good amount of lovely beads. I hope to get a picture of it up for tomorrow's post! 

That's one thing about using vintage beads: Sometimes, when they are gone, they're gone. When you live in the middle of nowhere, it's hard to find good beads at estate sales. 

The internet is a big help, but I do get greedy-minded about some of the older beads, especially the lovely chartreuse ones.

Free C. Klein Altered Rose Monograms

Here are a few more of the Rose Monograms. They get bigger if you click them.










18 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Bernie

    Looking forward to seeing your necklace, I love all your thinkgs Holly, everything is lovely......:-) Hugs

  • Mary | Deep South Dish

    I'll bet it's beautiful!

  • Beansieleigh

    Can't wait to see your necklace!! ~tina

  • Amrita

    Can
    t ewait to see yer brass mecklace -wow so trendy.You are experimenting with various metals. In India you would find a treasure trove...you would find it cheap too.

    I needednnto go out in the day time but declines as it was 113*

  • Carmen S.

    Can't wait to see your necklace, I KNOW it will be beautiful, Hope your having a great day:)

  • Faith

    CHARTRREUSE! Chartrues? I laughed out loud....I am not even sure what color chartreuse is....I'll look it up...Too funny...you are so original and witty Holly...OOOH the bead necklace sounds lovely...with vintage beads ...... I am sure it is as lovely as your the ear bobs you make......

  • Faith

    I looked that up....it is a yellow green? I "thought" chartreuse was like a turquoisey kind of color....interesting....I'm shaking my head....chartreuse....allrighy then.....:)

  • Farmchick

    Hi~I found my way here from Country Whispers. I enjoyed looking through your blog. Oh and I LOVE chartreuse! Hope you can stop by and visit me. :) Make sure you leave a comment too!

  • Debra

    I can't wait to see your newest creation! I know it is going to be wonderful!!

  • Country Whispers

    Can't wait to see your necklace!

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    You have us all salivating...waiting to see your newest creations! I think that necklaces is the next logical step for your etsy shop...you're as unique as your beloved vintage beads!

  • Anonymous

    Hope to see your necklace soon. Thanks for more of the rose monograms. Snapped up that "H" for my blog! Thanks loads, Sally

  • Rosemary

    I will be on the look out for some beads now for you. If I see any at a garage sale or flea market, I can send them to you.
    Have a good weekend,
    Rosemary

  • Crystal

    Can't wait to see your necklace, Holly! If it's even half as pretty as your gorgeous earrings - then we are in for a real treat! You have such a way with elegant vintage designs, Sweet Lady! :-)

    Hugs,
    Crystal

  • Linda @ A La Carte

    I BET THE NECKLACE IS GORGEOUS!

  • Doris Sturm

    I used to wear earrings and rings all the time when I was young(and pretty) but now I just don't like anything on me anymore - it's bad enough I have this old skin to deal with ;-) Your earrings are lovely and I will wait till tomorrow to collect my S Monogram graphic :-)

    Have a nice day, m'lady :-)

  • OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts

    Hey Holly girl. I am inviting you to stop by my blog and check out My Inspiration page, because you are there. I appreciate you so much and don't often say that cuz.....well.....you know.

  • Ms Sparrow

    Thank you for the rosy "J". I can use it for my blog sometime. It seems like antique beads would be really hard to find. Good luck with your search.

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...