Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Saturday, May 22

Pity Party Is Over! Tee Hee

Banner Haus News and Musings

Well, if there's one lesson I truly learn over and over, it's that my bloggie frens are smarter than this ol' dame. Gosh, the comments that were attempted to be snuck onto other posts -- the emails -- even a phone call. Sheesh! All because I had to go get myself in a tore-up fit yesterday.

I am just tottering around today. I think bloggie fren Pattie was very wise to refer me to the Sermon on the Mount to straighten my lil' mind out. Those of all faiths ought to read that sermon, it puts heart into a person. Of course, Pattie is the lady artist who glued a doll head onto a salt shaker and added dragonfly wings to it and turned it into a necklace, so let's take her with a grain of salt from that shaker...lol...ha ha you know I like my bloggie frens, like to tease 'em most of all...her work appears in galleries and in international magazines, too...

This chump (or SCHMUCK, as bloggie fren Doris so helpfully added to the list, thank'ee Doris...) says, "Happy Saturday!"

Free Vintage Decal Image - Click 'n' Save

Here we have a fine rooster and his sweet consort. Oh, those natural colors. I know green chickens are quite common [on Mars, maybe]. Regular-click it to get a MUCH bigger pic to load. I'm hooked on these vintage decals. Most of the packages had 29-cent tags on them!


16 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Carmen S.

    Oh my, I didn't even think to leave the comment on a different post, I immediately mailed out a card instead:-D
    I had tried to forward an e-mail to you a couple days ago and it said it didn't go through,delivery postponed??? Anyway, I'm glad you seem to be feeling a little better today, and I get to feeling like that sometimes too, just a beat-myself-up mood, I think it's normal for most folks on occasion, but I think those of us with less than *normal* childhoods have a harder time with self confidence, I know it's the case with me. Sending a ((HUGE HUG)) your way,not sure how long it takes a cyber hug to get to Texas....do ya feel it yet????? I love ya, so keep those ugly thoughts out of yer pretty head:)

  • Amrita

    Hi Holly, I tried sending you a comment yesterday but was not successful.Had unlimited power cuts lasting till midnight = so that was another thang.

    Aunt was hospitalized last night , she has heat fever, and will be well looked after there. So one load off.

    Love the cute roosters

  • Debra

    I am so glad you are doing better today!I am sure all of your other followers are glad too!
    Love the roosters!!

  • Faith

    I thought about emailing you..but wanted to respect yer wishes..if you had wanted me to comment you would have left them there for me to do so...I sent a mental hug..What a difference a day makes. Ever so glad you are back with us..I miss naying with you here out in the blog pasture...Yer a special lil donkey to me....

  • Doris Sturm

    Glad you're feeling better. Sorry about the "schmuck" - I don't even know the difference between a chump and a schmuck, except Schmuck in German really means Jewelry, so that means you are precious like a Jewel! See? We all love you and don't like it when you're down.

    That rooster graphic is awesome. I took it!

  • AkasaWolfSong

    Well, being new here I can understand a down day as I have my share of them too. However I am happy you have shed the shadow side and arisen today in a lighter way.
    I love Doris' meaning for schmuck...a jewel indeed! And you are for all you share, you know!
    Very cute rooster! :)

  • Ms Sparrow

    Holly, you have to keep in mind how very special you are to a LOT of people. When you hurt, we hurt, and we want to reach out to you and help.
    Be of good cheer, little donkey! Us guys love you!

  • Knitty

    Geesh, we both needed to have our stars realigned, didn't we?

    No as for the colorful chickens, why would you doubt their existence? Surely you don't think colorful Easter eggs come from ordinary chickens, do you?

  • OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts

    We all have snits and snoodles from time to time. Some of us are just more snitafied than others, myself included. Love you Holly girl. Sorry you hurt when you feel so deeply but that's why we love you. psssssst....we were all commenting to ourselves and lovin' ya anyway.
    The Olde Bagg, Linda

  • Julia

    Good that you are feeling better today H. I wanted to send you note but thought you wanted to be left alone. Sometimes we just need to stew in our thoughts a little to sort things out without everyone else saying this or that. . .

  • Marjorie (Molly) Smith

    Holly girl, I been away from bloggerville for a couple of days and just came back to read. Don't you dare apology for having a pity party...that is our right, I have them quit often, we all have them every once in awhile. Just stew awhile and get it out of your system, then move on. I also feel like I just chat away and have nothing important to say, but then I stop and think...this is my blog and if it's important to me, it is not small or just crumbs. I love you and every word you say is important. I also get upset with the uppity snots at Wal-Mart and have been known to stand up and tell them to dry up and treat people the way they should or they might get it back 10 fold.
    Glad you are feeling better.
    Love the green hen and you know that rooster is mine.
    Molly

  • The Joy of Nesting

    OWG Rosey here,

    What you've never heard of the wee dragonfly people??? They just live the next holler over from the elfins and three hills from the hobbits I'm sure you've seen them flitting around the salt marshes. For that matter, they tend to congregate around the animals salt licks in your neck of the woods :)

    Good to see you are back to your usual cantankerous self. Good!! that's the way I love ya little sister! :)

    Pattie ;)
    Mazatlan Mx.

  • Anonymous

    Glad you're feeling a little more frisky, Holly. You make me smile when you take time out of your busy day to comment on my bloggie. How is it that I feel we're frens but we have never met? I guess that's the magic of bloggin'. Take good care and smile. Sally p.s. Love the rooster!

  • Dawn

    No one could stay blue with those colorful little decals you've been sharing!
    Hugs,
    Dawn

  • Nydia

    I don't like seeing you taht way, Holy. You suffer too much, too much emphathy! I know how it is because I feel the same, but yuou get it deeper. Imagine if I would ever consider you a loser!!!!! I'm your fan, you know it, and I love you as a wonderful soul that you are. Don't think about yourelf less than this, please!

    Kisses and lots of love from us.

  • Simply Debbie

    HOLLY, HOLLY, HOLLY, HOLLY,
    YOU ARE KIND, GENEROUS, ALWAYS WILLING TO HELP THE UNDER DOG, SEE'S VERY IMPORTANT THINGS THAT WILL COME BACK AND BITE WAL MART IN THE BUTT....THEY ARE THE FOOL, NOT YOU. I HAVEN'T BEEN TO A WAL MART YET THAT DIDN'T HAVE MEAN EMPLOYEES THAT WAS MORE INTERESTED IN TEXTING ON THEIR PHONE AROUND THE CORNER THAN DOING THEIR JOB...JUST REMEMBER THEY ARE THE FOOL....PITY THE FOOL BECAUSE THE FOOL'S ROAD CAN LEAD THEM TO THE EDGE OF THE CLIFF.IT IS SUCH A SHAME THAT PEOPLE DON'T CARE MORE ABOUT PEOPLE.
    I WANT TO COME LIVE IN THE CASTLE THAT HAS BLIND CATS AND DEAF DOGS AND ALL THE PEOPLE IN SOCIETY THAT ARE MADE FUN OF.IT WOULD BE THE NICEST PLACE ON EARTH.
    I LOVE YOU HOLLY. IT IS A SPECIAL CONNECTION. I GUESS I AM GOING TO HAVE TO COME DOWN THERE AND WATCH YOUR SELF-ESTEEM AND PUT THE JERKS IN A SHOPPING CART WHERE THEY WILL BE BOXED AND SEALED AND SENT BACK TO THE WAREHOUSE TO BE STORED IN STORAGE.
    YOU ARE FINE. YOU ARE A PRETTY AND SMART WOMAN.
    IT WILL ALL WORK OUT OKAY
    HUGS AND BLESSINGS
    SIMPLY DEBBIE

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...