Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Tuesday, May 4

Attack of the Killer Hairbrush and Some Pretty Roses

Banner Haus News and Musings

I had "extreme" excitement yesterday. I wear my hair in a flip usually. And I have a little round brush to help it flip. Some of my klutzier bloggie frens already know what is going to happen: I got the brush stuck in the back of my hair. The more I pulled, the more it dug in and twisted round and HURT. This, unfortunately, is not the only time this has happened. Those brushes are dangerous!I hate running errands with a brush stuck in my hair.

Free Vintage Watercolor Clipart

These two lovely items were painted by Catharina Klein, also known as Catherine Klein. She painted literally thousands of beautiful watercolors in the early to mid-1900's.



16 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Home and Heart

    Thank you! Love them!!!

  • Davine

    Nothing worse than a rogue brush.

  • Carmen S.

    I feel for you dear friend, I too have had a love/hate relationship with those round *devil* brushes and have had one hanging in a tight knot on many occasions! They should come with a warning label!!!

  • Doris Sturm

    Oh, gosh, I know exactly what you are talking about. I tried to fix my young daugher's hair one time when that happened - all the screaming and crying and cursing (on my part) - I think I even had to cut some of the hair to get that darn brush out. I HATE those round brushes. They ought to come with a warning tag ;-)
    Those wild roses are lovely. They grew where I lived in Germany and looked so pretty adorning a rusting building or wooden fence.
    Have a wonderful day, m'lady! (It's raining here)

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    Oh you ol' western gals are a real hoot!
    Surely, many are walking around in TX with a brush lost in their 'big hair'....he hee!
    You've been a real roll Holly girl lately...you silly nut~lordy, you keep us in stitches!
    These roses are incredibly lovely...the last one looks exactly like the old roses, transplanted from my mom's yard, now here in ours. They're messy, but so, so pretty.
    Have a safe, uneventful day...heck with that, go cuckoo, giving us more funny fodder tomorrow!

  • Faith

    Mayhap you'll set up a new trend....hee haw!
    Roses.....are so loverly......anykind, anywhere..have a beautiful day... I have had this happen also with the round brush...you get panicked and try to pull it out, the more you pull the tighter it gets...loosen up goosey...

  • Debra

    Ouch!~ That does hurt! I have gotten one of those round brushes stuck in my hair too- they are dangerous!
    Lovely roses this morning!

  • Anonymous

    Teehee! Holly, you're a hazard to yourself. Good thing your bloggie frens are here to laugh at you, right? Now be careful! Thanks for the purty flowers. Smiles, Sally

  • LADY JANE

    I think it is time for someone to return...wreakin havoc on sweet lil blggers they miss!!!!!!what u think girls????????

  • ★Carol★

    Tell me you did not run errands with that brush stuck in your hair! I've had to give up those evil round brushes for that reason. One time it took me a good half hour to untangle myself!

  • SueLovesCherries

    Soooo, is it still hangin' there? Do you have a "Pixie" haircut now?

    Miss Klein painted some gorgeous paintings! Is she Calvin's granmaw, I wonder?

  • Lois Christensen

    This is hysterical. You didn't really go out with that brush!!!

    Thanks for your comments today. When my hubby was down in Kabul, they had a bigger facility and he was able to get his snacks, although I still sent them. But now that he's up north, there's not much of a selection. So he sent a list and I was able to get most in the boxes today. Need to do a little more shopping for him!

    Enjoy your day!

  • Ms Sparrow

    Sorry to hear about the attack of the monster hairbrush. The florals by Katherine Stein are lovely.

  • The Joy of Nesting

    Hola OWG Rosey here,

    I think the secret to the brush detanglement is the same secret as the Chinese Finger Trap!! :) If that doesn't work you can always cut your hair I can't say I have ever the experience (with the brush). Better short then sorry hmmmmmm. Or ya can always tie a ribbon on the brush and act like it's the newest tread all of Hollywood is doing! :)

    Pattie ;)
    Mazatlan Mx.

    PS Will send you and address. She will be there on the 23rd I think.

  • Simply Debbie

    OH HOLLY DEAR,
    WHY IS IT WE FIND OTHERS MISHAPS SO FUNNY..SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU ARE A COMEDIAN AND WE HAVE ALL HAD OUR DAY WITH THE BRUSH MONSTER.
    DID YOU CUT YOUR HAIR OR LOOSE SOME HAIR GETTING IT LOOSE. TALK ABOUT WORKIN' YOURSELF UP IN A SWEAT...THAT WOULD DO IT.
    THE GRAPHICS ARE BEAUTIFUL.
    THANK YOU
    LOVE AND HUGS
    SIMPLY DEBBIE

  • Amrita

    Aww your poor hair. That happens to me when I use my metal hair band

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...