Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Monday, May 17

Slight Rantlet and A Lil' Betsy Ross

Banner Haus News and Musings

How about this, dearies? A little early fer autumn?



I can understand putting out harvest colors in materials and yarns fer quilters and needleworkers...putting out small autumn decorative items fer those who make lil' scenes and dollhouses...maybe even setting out a few papier mache jack o'lanterns fer those who like to paint them...BUT A STORE PUTTING OUT THOUSANDS of autumn WREATHS and SWAGS and PUNKINS and SCARECROWS and orange and black candles and SIGNS ALREADY MADE??? 

Yes, donkey frens, our Hobby Lobby has pulled down the summery stuff, like watermelon signs and Fourth of July, and put up aisles and aisles of harvest items. Got dizzy just lookin' at it all.

This lil' donkey would like to give someone a good kick! Now, I rush the seasons, I know that. But really, Hallowe'en in May is just ranklin' my ol' nerves something awful. Everybody knows Hallowe'en starts in JULY.

Hmph.

Free Vintage Image

Well, I need something to wash those punkins out of my eyes, so here is a lil' patriotic gal and a garden cart.



21 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • SparkleFarkel

    "SWAGS and PUNKINS and SCARECROWS, Oh, my!" Hmm... A line out of the Halloween version of The Wizard of Oz, or Hobby Lobby-ers chanting in unison as they avoid the holiday rush?! All kidding aside, I totally agree with you: Betsy Ross and the Red, White and Blue of July Four needn't be getting their toesies stepped on.

  • Anvilcloud

    That's just nuts.

  • Carmen S.

    What are they thinking?? NO ONE wants to think about fall yet, we haven't even started summer, GOOD GRIEF! Hope your weather has settled down and all is well:)

  • ★Carol★

    I don't mind bathing suits showing up in the stores in December, but I hate it when they start packing up the patriotic stuff to make room for Fall items! I think we all just want summer to last forever.
    It looks like Betsy has been sewing flags since she was a young un!

  • Amrita

    I want the fall to come....harbinger of cool weather He He He... I went to the courthouse on church business, it was 115*. Life is going on, even in the heat.

    I feel so bad for the labourers working on buildings roads etc.They have no protection.
    I carried little bottle of water, but it soon turn hot, anyway I could wet my throat with warm water at least. Ha-ha.

    The roses are so refreshing Holly

  • Faith

    did they at least have the spring/summer stuff on clearance....I wonder why they do that? I don't have a hobby lobby near me. Micheals is close by, 4th of july stuff out already. I know that by the close of the Christmas season,they have Shamrocks and hearts stuff out, but that is 2 months away..I think somebody made a mistake.. HMF is right...

  • Anonymous

    You're right...that is crazy. I'm not even into the summer stuff yet. Our furnaces are still popping on during the day. Lots of rain here and only in the 50's. Good day for reading, crocheting, blogging etc. Not a good day to wash that sink full of dishes I think. ;) Smils, Sally

  • Lynn Barbadora

    Thats just crazy........geeeeeeeeeeez!
    Hugs,
    Lynn

  • Lady Farmer

    I'll rant right along with you! :~/
    Blessings!

  • ClassyChassy

    Good grief!!! Autumn decor in May??? That's just plain greedy and idiotic!

  • Linda @ A La Carte

    That is awful. I think we rush through life and don't enjoy where we are. The stores do not help that at all, but Fall in May? Crazy!

  • Julia

    I can't hardly believe June is a few days a way. What the heck happened with the year????

    I think there should be a law that you can't sell stuff for a holiday until two weeks before the date. Hrumph!!!

  • Debra

    Om My Gosh! Hobby Lobby has definitely gone mad!!Everyone knows it is 4th of July time for retailers!! Love the graphics- especially little Betsy Ross!

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    Well, that's just nuts!
    What in the world are they thinking?
    Midland on the news this morning...hope no twisters show up today!

  • Knitty

    If I saw that, I think I'd have to comment at the service desk. Here in Michigan we're still waiting for spring to settle in and stay spring-like (it has been a crazy weather season) so skipping ahead to fall is not something we want!

  • Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage

    What are they thinking? Summer hasn't even arrived yet and Fall is the last thing I want to think about right now! I haven't even sunk my tooties into the sand at the beach yet! It's down right depressing! The stores have gone mad! Looks like most of us are in agreement on this one. Hope you're having a good day now that you've gotten that off yer chest.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

  • Debra

    We are still holding back from putting out tomato plants because of our usual late frosts! What happened to summer? Someone at Hobby Lobby needs the flail, that's what.
    ~Debra

  • strawberrycream39

    You're right, crafting stuff makes sense, fabrics and such, but ready-made decor?? There is NO need for that in May. Fall is my favorite season but it's not even summer yet! I'm going to have to check out my HL and see for meself.

  • Nydia

    LOL, Holly! I almost choked laughing!


    Now I can go to sleep..

    Kisses and our love.

  • The Joy of Nesting

    QWG Rosey here,

    Looks to me like chasing the almighty dollar is a lot like a cat chasing it's own tail. "Just a little more and then I'll be able to reach it"

    Pattie ;)
    Mazatlan Mx.

    PS Oh most "techiness" how about suggesting what you did on my post this morning. But this time in non-techiness terms :)

  • Thoughts on Life and Millinery.

    You and me both sister. Fercryinoutloud, it is still SPRING! How can they skip an entire season?

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...