Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Sunday, May 23

More Fairies and A Possible Ice Age

Banner Haus News and Musings

Lil' donkey frens, one of the "vibes" I get says we might be heading into an ice age! A very rapid-onset one, not the kind that takes eons to start up. I was a high-strung child and have been very big-eyed about the possibility of an ice age fer a long time, ever since reading about the mini-ice-age that occurred during the Middle Ages. 

It's so hot here that I'm not sure why an ice age is popping into my tiny mind. 

Lit Quote

I liked this poem by Robert Frost, but it was considered too racy fer high school due to the word "desire" in it. And yet there were books in the library that were flat-out mature in content. I don't think the librarians had any idea of the things they had on the shelves.

Fire and Ice

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice. 

Free Vintage Fairy Image Clip Art!
I think mayhap the same artist who painted the dewdrop fairy of a few days ago also painted this one. Two versions are here, both clickable fer larger images to load.

Don't fergit there are FREE ONLINE TOOLS you can use to add type to any image! Use picnik.com or photobucket.com and add wording, special effects, etc. 


 

19 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Mary | Deep South Dish

    Pretty fairy! Summer has arrived down in this part of the world, so I don't know about that ice thing either. 'Bout fell out yesterday trying to do yard work and might have gotten a bit of sun poisoning too. I'm hoping that you're just feeling an early onset of winter!

  • Mina Gouldsamadiner

    Oh the last one was very pretty!!!

  • Amrita

    Hi Hollym hope you are having a good weekend. I like that poem.

    Oh I wish for the ice age, in this burning heat.Yesterday I accompanied Sonia on her shopping and got totally exhausted. Took a pain killer for my painful feet

  • Debra

    I'll bet it is the heat that has you thinking ice age! It is going to get to 90 here today- maybe my garden will finally start growing! You know I love that fairy graphic!

  • Denise Marie

    Not a fairy fan but that is a wonderful image! It is so stifling hot here and muggy/humid like a roasting oven. I know calamity will ensue but no clue what and how but definitely suddenly.

  • Faith

    Good Mornin Holly Girl, the fairies are ever so loverly...you come up with some stuff..this lil donkey fren never knows when you are pullin me leg.....from the comment you made on my blog..no outside or inside bubble bath for you,
    claw foot or not....I can see your point.

    talk with you manana.....a lil donkey fren

  • AkasaWolfSong

    Happy Sunday Holly!
    I love the poem and the graphic! It is going to be a hot one here in Southern Wisconsin today...and for the next few I hear. Up in the mid 90's...and I am so not looking forward to it. I did my outside work early this morning and have my A.C. on already. Heat makes me very ill. So ice sounds wonderful about now, he he! Have a Beauty Way Day! :) and thanks for the graphic!

  • Carmen S.

    I hope we don't get another Ice age, yikes! Thank you for the comment sweet friend, I know that is the case, that the stress I'm feeling is probably only half of what he is feeling, I need to learn to meditate or something, lol, although I tried that in the past and just couldn't get my mind to shut *off*! I hope you are enjoying your Sunday:)

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    Hi and greetings from NC. Love your fairy girls, corgis are a natural with fairy girls. Late flight tonight, should be home by 130am. Hope that heat isn't too bothersome.

  • Linda Ruthie

    I also have been fascinated with the history of the Mini Ice Age that didn't end until the 19th century. When the grandparents told stories of extreme cold and snow storms, they were not exaggerating.
    She is a most beautiful fairy.Thank you for sharing.

  • Anonymous

    There won't be any Ice Age in central Il today...I think it will hit 90! I just adore these fairies Holly. That welcome one will be on my bloggie soon. Have a restful Sunday and get ready for the new week. Big smiles, Sally p.s.
    I need to try these free online tools. Are they pretty easy?

  • Julia

    I still think that volcano is going to have an effect on the weather.

    El Nino has been working here and it's been way way way cooler than normal. Our tomatos have not set up any fruit yet and by now they usually have tons of little babies growing on the end of their long vines. NOT this year...

    Can't complain though. I do like the cooler weather for me.

    p.s. Did ya ever get a chance to write a few words about the book for my "What people are saying"? Should I send you a final pdf?

  • Holly, the Old Western Gal

    Halloo bloggie frens!

    "Come on, ice age! We need you about now!"

    Hot all over!

    YES Sally and frens, the online tools are VERY EASY to use! Think I'll post more about them tomorrow, some hints and examples.

  • Ms Sparrow

    The world's weather patterns are so incredibly screwed up, it's anybody's guess what will happen next. Of course, an ice age would mean all of us northerners would have to move south to grow grain and have dairy farms. Where would we all fit?

  • Holly, the Old Western Gal

    Everyone could fit into West Texas. Honestly. We got plenty room out here!!! Tons of room!

  • Simply Debbie

    top of the morning to you holly,
    beautiful graphics you gave us today, very pretty,i love the colors.
    hope all is going well at hallmark...i think you should be their card creator and let someone else do the work of stocking them...they might not appreciate our humor.
    thank you for visiting me. i went to the beauty shop saturday and we cut a large amount of my hair off...my hair is falling out by the hands full like i was on chemo. i go to the dr. tuesday and she said to be sure and tell him...i said tell him...he'll notice immediately...it is either nerves, go figure or he needs to increase my thyroid medicine. my hair has always been so very thick and people loved my hair...if it gets worse, i'll just shave my head, i am not ashamed...my hair does not define who i am.
    have a wonderful week sister.
    love and hugs
    simply debbie

  • Anvilcloud

    Rapid it may be, but you and I will still miss it.

  • Janice

    Ooooh, these are beautiful! Think I'm gonna have to use one right now! :o) You are so sweet and talented!

  • ByLightOfMoon

    I would love to put this awesome fairy on my blog Holly, Many thanks for creating it!
    Smiles, Cyndi

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...