Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Thursday, April 1

Shocking News Exclusive!

Banner Haus News and Musings

BREAKING NEWS - OUR EXCLUSIVE!




Tiny Dog Cause of Climate Change

Scientists at Western Podunk University have determined the true cause of climate change. It is a dog so tiny that it is acting as a "black hole," sucking good weather into orbit around its miniscule body.

"We were as shocked as anyone," said Henry Hassenpfeffer, lead scientist of the university's What the Heck is Happening team. "But facts are facts, and this tiny beagle is indeed the cause of our unsettled weather."

Researchers speculate that the pup, named Biggie, could be turned into a bargaining chip for world peace.

"If we could get Biggie to eat more, and grow, then his gravitational field will actually diminish. The climate will stop changing. But everyone's got to behave or we'll keep Biggie his same size, and the climate will continue to degrade. We will fly Biggie over bad countries and make their summer really, really miserable, if they refuse to play nice in the world."

But Biggie's owner isn't sure about the plan to fatten up her pet. "He's happy the way he is. We go everywhere together. I just put him in my pocket and off we go, shopping, restaurants, anywhere. I'm all for world peace, but not at the expense of losing my running buddy."

When confronted about the rumor that she has bred a chihuahua even smaller than the friendly beagle, she would only say, "I have no comment about Jumbo."

My Special Blog Award for Slow-loading Bloggies!


Free Vintage Images

This first image shows a typical big sister-little sister interaction. The older sister is clearly twisting lil' sis's poor arm. Ouch. "Give me that basket, you little brat!" [Note: These images are NOT altered.]


This next image shows what happens when farmers let their sheep join fraternities. Baaaaad to the bone.


These last few Easter images are my original work. I know I rarely showcase my own drawings, fer fear of inciting envy.





My Favorite Type of Blog Posts

I just LOVE blog posts all about donkey frens' GRANDCHILDREN and toddlers. I like to hear about every single thing they do. But I'm not talking about folks with just 50% kid-related posts. I'm talking those with 90% or more time devoted to the wee ones.

In fact, those posts are ALMOST as interesting as my very own HADJI the lil' black cat posts.

I know everyone wishes I would talk about HADJI more, but I don't want to make any of YOU feel bad that YOU don't have such an extremely interesting alley cat to write about.

Hey, look, here is ANOTHER Hadji picture, this time of him eating! WOW!


Here he is turned around, eating.

Here's one of him in the grass! FASCINATING, I know! What big fangies Hadji-woo has!


And here he is, approximately two seconds later! Looka his ratty fur!


Tomorrow I'll talk about how cute he is some more!

Can You Help?

I've mentioned having a tailless squirrel in the yard before. Donkey frens, this is YOUR chance to help purchase a prosthetic tail for the poor creature. If everyone just clicks HERE -- and I implore you to click it -- if everyone gives just a lil' bit, this squirrel will be able to hold its lil' flea-bitten head up and go out amongst the other squirrels with pride. Won't you donate today? Thank'ee.



Quote:

April Fool's!
~ The Old Western Gal

22 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Crystal

    Oh Holly,

    You had me hook, line, and sinker.

    I was about to ask if I could have some of whatever it was that put you in such frolicking, bubbly state. LOL

    What a wonderful post! You are so creative and incredibly funny.

    Thanks for the giggles...

    Hugs,
    Crystal :-)

  • ClassyChassy

    Yep, fun post today - and a great look at your pretty kitty! The envy of all cats in the world! Love them fangs!

  • Beansieleigh

    LOVE the skunk!!.. But now you have me wondering if I've got one of those "slow-loading bloggies"!! A reliable source assured me I didn't, so I've felt assured enough ever since... LOVE the pictures of Hadji!!.. AND I must tip my hat to you for your masterful talents in drawing! LOVE the bunnies! ((hugs)) ~tina

  • Amrita

    Naughty Holly you really got me by the tail. Calls for a Double Barrell Laugh.

    Send Biggie over to me - I want him to simply bark at some people.He is cute and hadji too. My my what is she eating. Not going to show the photo to Sheeba otherwise she will stop eating her food altogether.

    You original creations are the best. I think the first portrait is mine - a big zero LOL.
    Now I 'm off to the Maundy Thursday service.

    And that award is just classic

  • Debra

    OMG Holly! I have been laughing so hard my sides hurt!! Now I can see how you get those writing jobs!
    I love "Biggie"! and Hadji looks like a wonderful cat!!
    Love your graphics too! Are you going to sell your original ones?

  • Doris Sturm

    You're so silly, thanks for the laugh - I was especially impressed with your drawing and the photos of your ferocious feline Hadji - his fangs are AWESOME! Bet he could catch that tailless squirrell if he tried!
    Happy April Fool's Day :-)

  • Carmen S.

    My, my you are FULL of it today:D Love the shades BTW, and personally, I love the pics of Hadji, he is SOOoooo much more interesting than a toddler eating a cracker! Happy April fool's day sweets, I have a feeling this will be a fun day for you!!!!

  • Judi

    I sure hope I don't deserve a Sknunk Award ~ and yes, I was an April Fool Donkey and clicked to help out the poor squirrel! Judi

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    Good Lord...completely forgot about it being April Fools. Total sucker!
    If this is a fine example of your creative juices flowing...and writing expertise....I'm thinking that YOU are GoNnA be rich from all your paid essay work!!!
    You crazy ol' western gal you!
    Thanks for the smiles!

  • sjhackney

    Holly, you are so full of crap today and I'm laughing hard 'cause I fell for that squirrel tail bull. Have a great day! Sally

  • OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts

    You are so snarkalicious. And even at your snarkiest you still hold a bead of truth in your hoof. Bray on Holly.

  • xashee's corner

    LOL oh my goodness, i HAD to click to see what it was... like the bear that climbed the mtn. just cuz it was there! hehe you honestly have me and DH laughing and it could not have come at a better time. (i am getting ready to go to a heart doctor appt. sigh) big HUGS to you for the belly laughs! Have an AWESOME day, my friend!

  • Holly, the Old Western Gal

    Hi donkey frens...I'm busy making fake cat throw-up to put on hubby's laptop...have taped over son's optical mouse's laser...hee hee...lotsa fun...

  • Rosemary

    You crack me up!!
    Happy April Fools Day!!
    Thanks, I love the clock too!!
    Happy Easter,
    Rosemary

  • Marjorie (Molly) Smith

    You ain't right, I guess you know that..don't you?..lol..you ain't right, but you ain't wrong.
    I guess you must LOVE my blog, cause I talk toooooo much about my Grands and kids and pets...lol...I FIGURED folks got tired of hearing about them.
    And I am working on my bloggy, trying to speed it up.
    Have a great day with you sweet kitty. and tailess squirrel...lol...
    Molly

  • SueLovesCherries

    I'm scared of black holes - hold me!

  • Beansieleigh

    Hi again, Holly! I left a little picture for ya, at the end of my post, (0; if you want to take a quick peek! ~tina

  • Donna

    You were on a bender today, huh?! LOL! I think you got that global warming story from Owl Gore this morning while he was adjusting his aluminum hat, reciting "give me your money", and rubbing his hairy belly! Film at 11!

  • Bernie

    No sweetie, didn't fool me, caught on right away but still thought it was original and fun. Enjoy your long weekend my friend....Hugs

  • Country Whispers

    Well yes I clicked it! I just had to see what you had up your sleeve.
    Love the skunk award.
    You could have given it to me last week I think.
    I liked the new blogger templates however they seemed to take too long to load so I ditched them.
    Have a great weekend!

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    See...being sick and twisted comes in dang handy on days like this!

  • Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life

    Almost I fell for that.......... and then I saw your April Fool sign in the corner..... ha ha ha..... tooooo funny!

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...