Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Saturday, April 3

Easter is Nigh


Banner Haus News and Musings

It's almost here. The smell of boiling eggs wafts over the world! Fragrant, ain't they?

May there be a chocolate bunny in yer near future.

Free Vintage Graphics

I just had to put two up from last year. They fascinate me. The battle between tiny rabbits and an irate chick is just too good. "New" vintage postcards follow. REMEMBER: Click to load larger images. Right-click to save any image.



This next one is heart-tugging. I bet chicks sure would like to have a watermelon rind to peck!



18 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Denise Marie

    What a terrific post, Holly!!
    I love every image. Girl, I'm wanting to put all of them on my blog. I don't think I'll top the bunnies playing baseball. I may keep it up all spring season unless I find a vintage baseball image. I love your donkey images!! And, the image for your christian frens...I'm 1 of them and appreciate you, dear gal.

  • Mary | Deep South Dish

    Haha, those eggs do smell so "lovely" don't they? ;) Have a wonderful weekend.

  • Amrita

    Thank you for the picture on the sidebar Holly. The giant egg with 8 chicks emerging is the cutest.

    Today I will go and get some hot vross buns. Traditionally people have them on Good Friday and Easter but I thought we 'll just have them for Easter.

  • Marjorie (Molly) Smith

    Good morning Holly, I think you know which image I liked the best, good ole down south chicks with their watermelon, how cool and memory laden is that. Remember well when we had chicks running around the yard and have seen them devourer a watermelon rind time it hit the ground.
    Hope you have a great week end.
    Molly

  • Anvilcloud

    Do you have one place where you keep all these graphics sorted by theme? Online I mean,

  • Debra

    What wondersful graphics this morning! I love them all! Hope there is a chocolate bunny in my future too!!

  • Beansieleigh

    Hi Holly!.. So funny! Yes, I will be baking a cake later this morning, but that familiar aroma of eggs cooking will indeed smother that sweet but short-lived scent by this afternoon!.. Wishing you a blessed and very Happy Easter! I hope the Easter Bunny leaves you lots of goodies too! ((hugs)) ~tina

  • Carmen S.

    Shame on those big bully chicks for pickin' on the bunnies! Hope you have a wonderful Easter day and eat some chocolate!!!!

  • Donna

    Hahaha, those bunnies can be rascals! Best wishes to you for a lovely Easter, my dear!

  • ★Carol★

    You definitely saved the best for last! I love how the chicks triumphed over the bunnies. And those fuzzy wuzzy chicks eating watermelon are just too cute. But I can't wait to see what you'll have for us on Monday, with Easter over and done with!

  • Debra

    Hello Dearie!
    And Happy Easter to ye!!
    Love, Debra

  • sjhackney

    Wow, those chicks sure are mad at those rabbits! Have a good Easter and eat plenty of chocolate. Sally

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    I'm totally out of eggs, on Easter weekend, do you believe it??
    Am making a pot of turkey and noodles up, the house smells divine. Not as divine however as your graphics today. Folks are gonna love 'em!
    Have a hoppy, Happy Easter dear little slippered Texas gal!

  • Bernie

    Happy Easter my dear friend........:-) Hugs

  • Julia

    So you could smell them eggers boiling 2,000 miles away?? Well I am not surprised. Mike's first comment was, "The house stinks!"

    I have to remember "Naw, it's just him." ;)

    We colored sum purdy natural looking eggs. Our hens brown shells just give the eggs an earthy appearance.

    Have a great day tomorrow!

  • Lucy

    And we love deviled eggs and egg salad! Not so bad as fried onions? Imagine a holiday where you fry onions AND boil eggs too? Happy Easter!

  • Faith

    Happy Easter Miss Holly...those eggs....by the time Easter is over..I won't want to know anything about eggs. They are "fragrenting" is that word? my fridge.. Buy white eggs at Easter time..but my favorite is the brown ones..

    I am however thankful for the beautiful, simple
    egg.

  • Nydia

    I know a little somebody who'll certainly get a chocolate bunny in the very near future! LOL

    Thank you for your words about my Easter worry, Holly. One of the tings I absolutely adore about you is that you don't pretend, you say what's in your heart, and that's it! :o)

    Kisses and love from us, have a great Easter!

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...