Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Wednesday, April 7

Fruit Tree Blossoms

Banner Haus News and Musings

We have a small, age-blasted pear in the backyard, planted in 1964. It made a cloud of blossoms, as usual. It bears so heavily that we must aggressively cull the baby pears each year. The dogs love these pears and in summer often walk up and gaze at the tree, obviously considering if they are ready to pick. 

Literary Quote

My family knows I constantly quote from The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, and other favorite volumes. Whenever I have snapped at someone, they know this isn't far behind:

"Let Gimli forget my harsh words. I spoke in the trouble of my heart."
    ~ Celeborn to Gimli the Dwarf, in Tolkien's Lord of the Rings

Free Springtime Photos

A vintage postcard of "Love in a Mist," one of my favorite annuals, and a couple of springtime fruit tree blossoms. I believe "Love in a Mist" will enlarge when regular-clicked.





16 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Marjorie (Molly) Smith

    Very pretty graphics. I love the blue flowers on the first one.
    Hope all is well with you.
    Molly

  • Buttercup

    The blossoms are lovely. I've got some blossoms up, too. Wish they didn't have quite so much pollen. I'm still drippy and scratchy. Sounds like several of Snow White's buddies.

  • Doris Sturm

    Fruit tree blossoms are one of my most favorite flowers - all of ours have fallen off and have bloomed their course. It actually is beginning to look a lot like summer now. Spring only lasts but a couple of weeks and summers start early - and last long - I'm not ready! Thanks for the pretty images. I saved the little blue-winged angel. She's adorable!
    Have a wonderful day, m'lady :-)

  • rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her

    :)

    ::waves:: It's nice to be back. I've missed you!

  • Carmen S.

    The blossoms are lovely, our apple trees should be coming out in the next few weeks although I think they may be early with all the nice weather! I thought about planting me a pear tree but the deer here are so bad they eat new trees up and ruin them:(

  • Donna

    How pretty! And I love that Lord of the Rings quote!

  • Debra

    What beautiful blossoms! I would love to have a pear tree- just for the blossoms!

  • Anvilcloud

    Great books you quote from.

  • Amrita

    I love the beautiful flowers and angel. and quote.

    We are getting tomatoes by the bushel. I am making puree. For tonight I made soup.And with the spinach dip I made a salad with home grown cabbage, beets and green peppers.Thought I 'd go out to get a few things. But its too hot.

  • sjhackney

    Those blooms are so pretty. I can't wait for my lilac bushes to bloom. Sally

  • Ms Sparrow

    How charming!

  • José

    The blossom reminds me of a big old apple tree I could see from my bedroom window when I was young. It was one big white cloud in spring. Thanks for this lovely memory!
    The little girl is more than cute.

  • Denise Marie

    I'm with ya today, Dear Holly!! I'm quoting the same thing about my cranky attitude. Funky monkey...don't get too close today. lol

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    Isn't it nice to be surrounded by beauty and have it as close as your yard?
    Will Love in a mist grow in TX, with the heat?
    It's a beauty and such a sweet, old fashioned flower. Those blooms are incredible. Our town is all abloom as well, a charming time of year. Can't help smiling....and enjoying the renewal of it all~ take care little missy.

  • Lois Christensen

    Love the quote, my kids and hubby love those movies. They especially love the "second breakfast" and often try to get me to give them a second breakfast! Hope you enjoyed Easter!

  • Faith

    very pretty and springy.....so delicate the colors and soft petals you can almost smell the lovely flora....

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...