Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Wednesday, April 14

Marshmallow Troubles and April Showers

Banner Haus News and Musings

Well, my big excitement around here is that the tailless squirrel ran off with an entire popcorn ball that he was supposed to be sharing with the finches. 
The other "excitement" is that I bought a package of popcorn that was supposed to taste just like "marshmallow crisp treats." I had high hopes, popped it up in the microwave, poured it out into a bowl, and it hardly had any marshmallow flavor at all. 

But that didn't stop me from eating the whole bowl of it. I went into my son's room and asked him did he want the other packet of popcorn, though I couldn't say much fer it. He said he did and went and popped it up. Then he came back to the computer room and showed me a pouch -- of marshmallow creme. "Didn't you want to put this on yer popcorn? Because if you don't want it, I'll add it to my batch, too. I already added the other one. It's great!"

Well, durn. Iff'n you don't add the marshmallow, I guess it doesn't taste much like the crispy treat.

Free Image

Right-click to save an image. You can rename it at that time, too!
Not sure what the theme is..."April Showers," I guess. Due to the rare clouds we're having here and many of you are having where you are.




22 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Typstatting

    Goes to show that you must look first in the bag!!!! Love the Images.

  • Cindy

    Ha that is a cute story, who would have known, loving your blog. take care.

  • Doris Sturm

    That's something that would have happened to me - oh, well, thank goodness it was only popcorn.

    Hope you're feeling well today and enjoy your day :-)

  • Carmen S.

    What?? they are making popcorn now flavored like crispy treats??? I must be living in the dark ages, I'm missing out on interesting treats:(

  • Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage

    They're little badits, those squirrels, but I love them just the same! Ever since we moved the feeder in front of the window, they don't bother with it, so the finches can snack to their little hearts' content. We had a purple finch visit yesterday while my aunt and uncle were here and they thought it was the prettiest thing; and it was! One can see a lot from the front window! Have a wonderful day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

  • Debra

    Oh My! Those squirrels will eat anything!
    At least you know about the marshmallow packet now!!
    I love this mornings graphics!!

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    So~who's the little ol' donkey today?
    hrmp....bet that marshmallow would be delish on popcorn!
    Darling April graphics. Thank you dear lady.
    That darn grass keeps growing! Gotta mow tonight!

  • Marjorie (Molly) Smith

    Oh Holly, Holly..girl don't you know to read directions of packages...silly girl, it says right on the back after popping add marshmallow creme for better flavor.....Or if it don't it should...lol...
    I hate when I do something like that.
    Them white tailess squirrels can be thieving little buggers, got to watch them, that's for sure.
    Hope you have a good day. It's beautiful down here in Central Mississippi.
    Molly

  • sjhackney

    That sounds like something I'd do, but I probably would have microwaved that package of mashmallow flavoring too. Now wouldn't that be a big mess?? Enjoy the day! Sally

  • Donna

    LOL, souds like something I would do!

  • xashee's corner

    oh my goodness, you and i are so alike! lol i TRULY look forward to your posts each day!! Thank you for sharing all that you do! have an AWESOME day, my friend!! :D

  • Amrita

    Good to read about your marshmellow popcorn.

    Oh I wish we had some April showers.

    Today I got my swamp cooler installed. Aunty will come to spend the day tomorrow, she did not come today. Glad i got the cooler fixed , so it will be more bearable in the afternoon.

    Have a good day Holly

  • Julia

    Ooops. Now you should give yourself a break since the kettle corn flavor popcorn just tastes like kettle corn out of the bag. No added flavorings required. So it's not that big of an error. :)

  • Lady Farmer

    That sounds exactly like something I would do! :~P

  • Crystal

    Aw Holly,

    You missed having the marshmallow on your popcorn? I feel your pain, Girl!

    C'mon now, do as I say, NOT as I do! lol

    But, picturing that popcorn scene reminds me of an old TV show. Is there ANYONE out there who remembers "The Life of Riley"? In the show, "Riley" had more than his share of things go awry... and when they did, he'd always say: "What a revoltin' development this is!"

    Love both ladies with their parasols!

    Hugs,
    Crystal

  • Faith

    Reading direction...not my strong suit...But oh do tell, this sounds like very good PC....I love a good bowl of PC...but marshmallow treats
    sweet AND salty? Going to be looking for this one...

  • ★Carol★

    I love that April Showers girl so much that I hurried up and put her on my bloggie before I even commented here. I love her, and you're just the best!
    I've forgotten a couple of times to add the flavor packet to things, and then wonder why it tastes like garbage. I bet your son's batch tasted heavenly with that extra pouch of marshmallow creme on it!

  • Dawn

    At least he found the marsmallow package so you'll know you can buy it again! He did let you taste it didn't he?

    I'm not as bad as your neighbor with all the stuff but the apples don't fall far from the trees. That's why I'm taking action now!

    Can you imagine dressing like that first picture. It's beautiful but how did they move or sit for fear of messsing it up?
    Hugs,
    Dawn

  • rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her

    LOVE the pink-n-green maiden!

    As for the popcorn ... details, details ...

  • Patty

    YES! The pink/green is AWESOME!

  • The Joy of Nesting

    OWG Rosey here,

    Don't ya just hate it when the child is smarter then the parent??? But I am thinking that without the fluff the popcorn must count as free calories, don't ya think??? ;)

    Pattie ;)
    Mazatlan Mx.

  • Anvilcloud

    Glad it's you, but I would do something like that too.

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...