Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Monday, April 19

A Pretty Lady Perfect for Cards or Scrapbooking

Banner Haus News and Musings

First, just a head's up: Many Blogger bloggies are being used as conduits for trojans and viruses lately -- there are some of my bloggie frens that I can't visit lately due to the ferocity of the malware -- NO, it is NOT the fault of the poor blogger, who is unaware, but I've noticed that after a few weeks the bad stuff usually will clear up and I can go back to visitin' -- some of the stuff is REALLY bad lately -- the hackers are gettin' better at what they're doing and worse in what they're trying. So if'n I ain't been by, that's why. And it just kills a nosey ol' gal like myself to miss the chance to chew the fat with my bloggie frens... 

Well, they weather people "took back" their forecast of more rain and now we might not get anymore for who-knows-how-long. So I'm taking the camera and getting some pictures of the wildflowers blooming. No, no bluebonnets this far west, but many other beautiful blossoms.

This is mighty interesting about the volcano plume that is going to be traveling around the globe. And no, that wasn't what I was thinking when I was mentioning the unfortunate thought I had about the sun appearing dim -- although ex-husband Number Umpteenth (the mean ol' physicist one) told me the sun can never dim beyond a certain amount without wrecking the earth -- I still get the feeling of having a "watery sun" and can't shake it...file that away in yer memories so that come summer, when I'm whining about the sun being so hot, you can trot that out and tease me unmercifully...

Quote

"May your life be like a wildflower, growing freely in the beauty and joy of each day." 
    ~ Native American proverb 

Free Vintage Image for Cards, Scrapbooking, or Blogs

I thought this lady was quite pretty, and her gray hair lovely and unusual. Bet no one is goin' around telling HER to dye HER hair. Hmph.

Just regular-click to make it enlarge considerably. You can save either size with a right-click. The little size will likely fit on a sidebar, and the big size would be better fer an e-card.




16 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Carmen S.

    I love the quote:) I've noticed a few blogs where you go visit or comment and a pop up for a dating service comes up, very annoying! I hope my blog isn't *infected*, but you still come by so I'm assuming it's not:) I don't like the idea of a watery sun, sounds ominous, don't you get any *good* news to share??? LOL!

  • Amrita

    I hope my blog is OK to visit. I so scared.

    My desktop has a virus warning on my gmail account...strange, but the laptop is OK.

    I like your pretty lady

  • Dawn

    You've done it now. We're all afraid it's us with the viruses! Even though I run my virus program those malware things sometimes get throuh. Haven't had any for a long time that I know of.

    I agree with Carmen, where's the good news? LOL!
    Hugs,
    Dawn

  • Debra

    I don't apper to have been infected with any nalware yet- but I too have been to toher blogs and get those uninvited popups etc!!
    That volcano problem is so awful! Hope you have some good sun today!
    Love the beautiful graphic!!

  • Donna

    Gosh, I hope my site isn't one of the infected ones. How does one know? There have been a few blogs I have visited that make my Explorer go crazy by page after page of reloads. It's a nightmare when that happens!

  • Anvilcloud

    People need to be careful about what et ceteras they stick in their blogs. As far as I an tell that's the only way to get baddies in there.

  • sjhackney

    Thanks for this lovely lady. Sally

  • Doris Sturm

    What a pretty picture of this lovely lady! I hope the computer virus/malware problem will clear up soon. Thankfully I have not noticed, but that doesn't mean it's not there - I've just been lucky so far.
    Have a wonderful day, m'lady, and enjoy your family and your criters :-)

  • Holly, the Old Western Gal

    Howdy donkey frens -- well I ain't saying who is and who ain't having the problems because I think it's also dependent on what firewalls, anti-viruses, etc the VIEWER has running --

    Anvilcloud, you are quite right, the off-site javascript and java apps are quite likely to be the conduit, but if you have an IMAGE OF ANY KIND on yer bloggie, that also can be the way they are gettin' in -- the malicious code is hidden "behind" the jpeg code, etc. Who wants to surf without pictures??? Not me!

    Bein' gloomy, I seem to receive mainly gloomy vibes -- sometimes I get happy ones, though! Fer example, I have picked up a vibe that 3 of my bloggie frens will have books published within 2 years.

  • xashee's corner

    you are an AMAZING woman and i am sooooooooo very glad to know you! :D Thank you for sharing your news, good or bad AND your AWESOME graphics!
    have a FANTASTIC Monday! :D

  • Anonymous

    I ran an entire diagnostic the other day..was amazed at all the garbage that had collected on the most innocent stuff....its all clean now though....good to do that occasionally, although it took an entire morning.....well worth it....computer is running faster too! so I hope my blog is ok.....
    love the graphic today....

  • Ms Sparrow

    Whatever possesses someone to do dirt to strangers for no reason! Do those demented persons sit rubbing their hands together in delight that a lady in Texas is inconvenienced?
    Do they earn bragging rights among the other LOSERS for getting away with something?
    GRRRR...

  • Rosemary

    I hate when all of the weird stuff happens on the computer. It's so annoying!
    Hope you had a nice weekend. We are suppose to get some rain here this week.
    Rosemary

  • Julia

    Hi Holly,
    I don't know if I'm infected. Dont know how to even tell... but I'm kinda not worried about it with all the other stuff happening. Virus's of a human kind are more on my mind.

    Today was especially bad with SICK kids again. And a horse who impaled himself on a shovel handle. He's OK. But it was harry for a few hours. I dont even think I can blog about it. Err it was too messy.

    And I'm about three days away from sending Bingo to the printer. Just need to do final checklist. :) Yeah!!!!

  • Nydia

    Just stopping by to send a kiss!

    Love from us.

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    Infection smection, that's my connection.....bad rhyme, I know.
    Jim said he saw tons of wildflowers blooming as he headed out of TX today. Funny thing, he's going to Ft. Wayne, and turning right around, to go to Sherman again. I swear there's a magnet, drawing that truck to your state each week, often twice a week!
    Love your gray haired gal. She still has perky bosoms and dark eyebrows, so maybe she had a fright that turned her hair at an early age.
    Take care now Holly...a watery sun can't be good.

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...