Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Thursday, April 15

Beware of Moths



Banner Haus News and Musings

Tax Day, Donkey Frens!!!
"The IRS will never guess where I've hidden my tax return..."


I'm very easygoing about most bugs, donkey frens. And I almost never kill caterpillars. The caterpillar you squish today means one less butterfly or moth tomorrow.

I make exceptions for a very horrible caterpillar called a "puss moth." Forty years after the fact, I still have a scarred palm from where I touched one as a child. The agony was incredible, and matched only by having a kidney stone. Even labor couldn't compare.

Those caterpillars, I squish. Actually, I run screaming if I see one. Keep yer eyes out, m'dears, as they are very pretty, looking fer all the world like clumps of rabbit fur. Funny I'd pick "Ubermoth" as my Twitter handle, considering my fear of them.

Free Digital Images

This is just a lil' birthday image, altered from a vintage illustration. And a few butterflies.
Right-click to save.








14 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Bernie

    Our tax deadline is April 30th.....what is it they say about death and taxes.....oh well we still have our loyal blogger friends.....Hugs

  • Doris Sturm

    Pretty butterflies...a little clump of rabbits fur, eye? I'll have to watch out for that, but these days I don't pick things up like I used to - partially because of my aching back ;-)
    I think caterpillars are cute too, but better safe than sorry and let them be, right? Hope you're doing well and feeling better.
    With love,
    Doris, Gizzy, Middy, Nemo, Smokey Robinson...etc.

  • Carmen S.

    Yikes, those moths sound dangerous! Sometimes here in the summer I find huge moth wings laying around, so something must eat them and leaves the wings...YUK!

  • Faith

    I had no idea about the dreaded Ubermoth....maybe we don't have them here. Ladybugs...& lightning bugs, Never squash them...Lady Bugs bring you good luck, especially to your garden. And the lightning bug
    aka firefly...used to catch them as kids in summer night.

  • Debra

    Wow! never heard of a puss moth!
    I love these butterflies! Very pretty!
    I am snagging them!

  • Amrita

    Very pretty butterflies.

    I got Aunty 's bank work done today. All went well. She spent the day with us. Had a nice time chatting and talking.

    I am getting lots of cabbage and tomatos from the garden, want to make some cabbage and tomato soup.

    My cough is pretty bad

  • Mary Poppins in Heels

    I've been out of the loop for a bit, and love that I'm returning to such happy little gifts!

  • Mary Poppins in Heels

    Oh, and don't squish caterpillers!

  • sjhackney

    I'm not much of a bug lover. Maybe just butterflies. The pic of the woman and where she hides her taxes made me chuckle. Smile. Sally

  • Ms Sparrow

    I'm not familiar with the puss moth and I'm sure glad we don't have them up north!

    I just got a notice from Textbroker that they bought my first offering. Now I can call myself a free-lance writer! Thank you for telling me about it because I can sure use the income.

  • Beansieleigh

    I think my age, and whaterver changes come with it, are starting to catch up with me.. My butt is starting to look like that, even WITHOUT hiding my taxes in there! (0; LOVE the butterflies! ~tina

  • OldeAnniePrimitives

    Don't know how I lost you, but nothing has been the same since! So glad you dropped by today! And now I have found you once again! (^=^) ~~Annie

  • Lois Christensen

    Never heard of a caterpillar causing so much pain!!! Love the first photo! Very clever for today!

  • Knitty

    I'd not heard of that moth either. Whenever I see a butterfly I feel like my mom is near. I am planting that idea with my great nieces and nephews with me, only in my case it is ladybugs. Any card or gift they get from me has a ladybug sticker on it. :) I'll do that with my grandson too, but at 6 weeks, he really isn't interested yet.

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...