Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Friday, April 2

Retro Lil' Spring Animal Decals

Banner Haus News and Musings

Yesterday I played my lil' April Fool's trick on ye. Although, honestly, no one was tricked. I hope no one was offended. I like all yer bloggies, even the grandkid-heavy ones!

I don't like mean tricks, even though they can be a bit funnier. But ultimately, actually tricking someone isn't very friendly, and I'm a friendly (though gloomy) lil' donkey.

Fun Alert! Kool-aid has new FIZZY drink tablets out! My son says combining a lemonade and a grape is delish! Weren't there Fizzies or something like that in the 1960s? Then a German manufacturer was making them, and now Kool-aid! I think I just got an idea fer a giveaway...

Quote

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. 
   ~Audrey Hepburn
Free Retro Easter Images

Here are some old decals from a scan [in awful shape itself] I found on an auction site. Unfortunately, the bidding had already ended. But at least there was a scan to work from, to keep these lil' designs in circulation. One scan is below, and the lil' Easter animals follow it. I do dearly love the style of those old water decals. I actually rather like faded vintage things. I am crazy over faded velvet flowers.










13 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Debra

    Those images sure take me back! They are wonderful! Woulod love to go back to that simpler time!
    I think I would love the grape and lemonade combo!!

  • Bernie

    You are so kind, caring and sweet Holly, our world needs more lovely people like you in it.
    ........:-) Hugs

  • Crystal

    All of the decals are adorable.

    However, it's the little donkey with the flower basket that has absolutely stolen my heart. :-)

    Thank you, Holly!

    Hugs,
    Crystal

  • Simply Debbie

    dear holly,
    i will try this again....your comment thing is not taking comments...something is wrong with it
    love
    simply debbie

  • Beansieleigh

    Hi Holly! I used to love decals like these! My grandfather used to run a paint business, and he sold them... I loved looking through all of them whenever I was there! Thanks for sharing all the little Easter animals today! ~tina

  • Carmen S.

    I haven't seen the fizzy drink tablets, sounds like they could be fun:) Sometimes I mix diet ginger ale with fruit juice or apple juice, in Germany they sell a fizzy apple drink like that and It's delicious! Love the decals:)

  • Amrita

    Cute decals Holly, like little stickers.

    No I enjoyed the joke you played on us yesterday.I hope you don 't mind the silly comments I make.

  • sjhackney

    I sure like that little donkey. He's a sweetie. That fizzy kool-aid sounds yummy. I'll be lookin' for that. Sally

  • Sarah

    I'll show my age. LOL I remember those fizzy tablets...late 50's or early 60's. Seems like the root beer one tasted a little strange!

  • Ms Sparrow

    Were they like the Pop Rocks? I remember those.
    Have a happy holiday Holly. BTW-I think it was sweet you couldn't tear Scooby in half!

  • Anvilcloud

    Hello. Just catching up. I'm way behind with all sorts of people.

  • strawberrycream39

    I'm going to keep my eye out for the fizzy drink tabs. Sound like fun! Good ol' Kool Aid!

    Cute, cute graphics. I added a few from your site to my bloggie today. :-)

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    Oh yes! Fizzies were popular when I was a kid living in Michigan, so it was 1959-60 probably.
    Love, your reworked magic on those old decals. Jake likes the sheepie one!

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...