Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Wednesday, April 21

A Selfish Gal

Banner Haus News and Musings

Well, I've been selfish with me bloggie frens lately. 

I pride myself on being open-handed, and yet I keep quiet about a way I find many of my digital images. Didn't share my method.

Bad donkey!
Use foreign terms fer images when you use Google Image Search. Try "Oblaten," "decoupage," and "Glanzbilder."

Well, I feel better now.

Quote

Modesty and unselfishness: These are the virtues which men praise, and pass by.
     ~ Andre Maurois
Free Images

Both the photograph and the old "Glanzbilder" will enlarge greatly if you regular-click the image. Then you can save the larger image with a right-click. And remember, any-sized image can be saved with a simple right-click, unless some fiend has attempted to disable right-clicking. But there are ways around that, too!



14 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Mary | Deep South Dish

    You're so funny sometimes! So the second image is a Glanzbilder? I shall have to google that to find out what the heck that even means!

    Have a great day.

  • Simply Debbie

    DEAR HOLLY,
    YOU ARE ONE OF THE MOST GIVING PEOPLE I KNOW...YOU HAVE SHARED ALWAYS BUT IF YOU FEEL YOU NEEDED TO SAY THAT THAN THOUSAND OF BLESSINGS FALL UPON YOU FOR EVEYTHING YOU HAVE ALREADY SHARED.
    WE DON'T JUST COME HERE FOR THE IMAGES, WE COME BECAUSE OF YOUR BEAUTIFUL SPIRIT...YOUR FRIENDSHIP.
    LOVE AND HUGS
    SIMPLY DEBBIE

  • Carmen S.

    I agree with Debbie, you are very UN-selfish!!! Love the Glanzbilder, and a great tip on the images:)

  • Faith

    Your lil donkey frens love ya you know...How selfish is it to find pictures, and make them suitable for us to use on our blogs and such, and you ask not 1 red cent....I would still visit you even if you didn't have the graphics..I come here to visit with ye.That fushia is a different one to be sure, I have seen them before but not one which looks like the one I had did. They look like miniature fairies to be sure.

  • Debra

    You selfish? - never! Your knowledge amazes me- great graphics!!

  • Denise Marie

    oh, that baby image is adorable!! fancy olden terms that get you right to the olden images, huh. lol I guess my planter being a beagle not a bassett is like a pillow case I have that is either a donkey or mule??

  • Anonymous

    Have a beautiful day my friend!!

  • Stitchesnstrokes

    You know I think I've learned more from Google in the past years than I did in school! LOL Lovely images, Holly, no matter how you get them! :) Have a great day Ü

  • sjhackney

    Holly, how funny...you are so NOT selfish! Every time I open a package from you, I get a little leap of joy at what you have created and the way you package your baubles. And your little pics, well you are one of the most giving people in blogland. Enuf of the sweet simpering from me..off to the laundry and dishes. Sally

  • Amrita

    Hee Haw, thanks for the quote and images.

    We4nt to an aunt 's funeral this afternoon. She was my Mom 's cousin. So sad to bid loved ones goodbye one last time. But she is sleeping in peace now.

    Hope you are doing good

  • Marjorie (Molly) Smith

    I might call you many things, BUT selfish isn't one of them...oh no no. I think you do a great job of finding images for us. so why should I try..lol..just keep doing what ye be doing. Love the images of the sweet baby.
    Hope y'alls rain has turned to sunshine.
    Molly

  • Ms Sparrow

    Your generosity, my dear Holly, is legendary. You have restored tons of graphics and then offered them free to your humble followers. Not only that, but you have fun giveaways (I got the flail and mini-cookie cutters) and even better, you offer great advice on blogging and Textbroker. I feel like I owe you a lot!

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    You sure are a cuckoo little ol' western gal.
    Is that hyacinth from your yard? So pretty.
    Jim will be in San Angelo tomorrow.
    Says that TX is too darn hot for him today!

  • Nydia

    If there's one thing you are not, it's selfish, Holly!

    Isn't it funny how Lucas look like me when I was achild? LOL We always have fun about it ehere at home... Thank the gods he hasn't got anything from his - arght - father...

    Kisses and much love from us.

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...