Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Friday, April 9

Searching for That Elusive Cottage

Banner Haus News and Musings

Driving over to San Angelo with my husband to see if we want to move over there. It's really hard to find a place that has a reasonable cost of living, employment, easy weather, races get along, low housing prices, and some water nearby. I want a little ol' cottage with a deep front porch, and room fer a donkey in back. We don't ask fer much, now do we?

Free Vintage Graphic

Such a pretty cottage, painted long ago. I kind of kicked up the colors, but it was really quite colorful to begin with...thought it might look nice on a card or on a sidebar.
Now, that's the kind of garden I want! "A riot of color," as they say.

Click to greatly enlarge. Save either size with a right-click.


15 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life

    It's a wonderful sight.... especially since my beautiful spring morning turned into a wintry storm this evening. We can still dream of gardens with that pretty photo.

  • Dawn

    Beautiful cottage. I would love to have a garden like that. Have you ever notice i usually show close ups of the flowers, not the whole thing? There's a reason!

    I hope you do find a sweet cottage for yourselves. It's certainly not too much to ask!

  • Typstatting

    What a lovley cottage I would love to live in one as well!!!!

  • Carmen S.

    What a beautiful cottage, I hope you can find one just like it! I wonder though if your donkey would eat all the flowers??

  • Doris Sturm

    I love "riots of a garden" types - reminds me of all the wildflowers around our cottage (little house) when I was a very young child growing up in Germany (before the family build the big houses)...looking at that picture reminds me of my childhood, unkempt, unpruned and uncomplicated...at least for me.
    Have a great day. I'm taking the Gizzy and my camera and heading out to the park. It's a beautiful day after the rain!
    Love ya
    Doris :-)

  • sjhackney

    I live in a big ole house, which I enjoy most of the time. But this small cottage is so inviting...less to manage. Have a great Friday!Sally

  • Donna

    Have fun looking for your dream cottage!

  • Debra

    What a beautiful little cottage! I hope you find one today- not too much to ask- and you deserve it!!

  • Amrita

    Honestly Holly that looks a bit like my run down 'cottage ', at ltast the 3walls, we have a concrete roof. So now I can romanticize my house. But we .ve lived in tiled roof bungalows.
    San Angelo sounds very attractive to me too. Besides a donkey I would like a pig and sheep romping along with my Sheeba -ah these dreams.

  • Anvilcloud

    English cottages and gardens are so visually appealing.

  • Faith

    Ah...the things dreams are made of...a cottage and lil donkey fren....:) Would'nt mind of piece of land to call my own either...with some room for a garden, a couple of yard birds, a lop eared bunny, a goat and donkey fren....Those would be the best neighbors. The cottage picture looks peaceful and simple, yet awash in beautiful blooms.I'll bet someboday is making some pies or scones in that little cottage. Sittin on the back porch have a cup of their favorite hot beverage....with the smell of the pie/scones wafting through out the yard.. ahhhhhhhhhhhh! Good luck in your hunt for the cottage...it will find you....you know..

  • ★Carol★

    I hope you find your little cottage by the water, with a big old porch for you to watch a donkey munch on the grass and flowers! Now seems like a great time to buy, it's just a matter of finding a house that speaks to you. I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you!
    Have a great weekend!
    Carol

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    Oh my....this is it! This is exactly where I'd love to land as well. Your description of your ideal cottage setting is identical to mine.
    Sigh.......wouldn't it be loverly????

  • Nydia

    I hope you guys find a beautiful place to live. If life costs is reasonable, why not? And if you find a lovely garden like that, even better!

    Kisses and love from us.

  • rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her

    So sweet, that image ... reminds me of Anne Hathoway's cottage. :)

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...