Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Thursday, April 8

The French, While Irritating, Have Lovely Graphics

Banner Haus News and Musings

The battle is engaged. Me, devotee of refrigerated air, and husband, stick-in-the-mud chilly-natured person. Hmph.

Vintage French Painting

I found this entrancing.

Regular-click to enlarge. Right-click on any size image to save it onto your own computer or into your own Photobucket.com account.


19 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Crystal

    What an absolutely charming graphic, Holly! Just love those flowers in the bike basket! Thank you so much for sharing it. :-)

    Ah, a kindred spirit regarding air conditioning.

    I am not a fan (Ha! Get it? A "fan"!) of the hot weather. Wake me when it's autumn.

    Just kidding! (I think.)

    Hugs,
    Crystal ;-)

  • Debra

    Beautiful graphic!! Hubby and I never agree on the temp either!

  • Firecracker Kid

    pretty graphic:) I'm a cool person too. Approaching 50 fast and need the cool temps(wink wink).

  • Doris Sturm

    Awww, how French and lovely. I always had a little basket on my bicylcles. Love riding them, but gave them up after my bilateral hip replacements - good idea, don't ya think?

    Instead of flowers, I put Gizzy inside :-)
    Have a great day,
    Doris :-)

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    That is such a darn sweet graphic today. Love it.
    In our house...Jim wants it as frigid as possible, while I like open windows and using ceiling fans. If the humidity is horrid though...a/c is the only way to go! It's the norm for me to wear long sleeves and sweaters in July when the a/c is on. He likes it c-o-l-d in the car, the rv, the house...MeN!
    Jim has been going to TX at least twice a week for the last month. He's in Houston today. Such a gadabout~

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    This comment has been removed by the author.

  • Mary

    Very pretty graphic! Thank you for sharing:)
    I vote for AC!!

  • Carmen S.

    I agree too, bring on the refrigerated air!! Seems the older I get the less I'm able to tolerate the heat, but yet all winter I grumble when it's cold:( What a lovely graphic!

  • Amrita

    My Mom feels cold even now.Its her age. I have to adjust you know.

    Like the beautiful French painting.

  • Country Whispers

    Lovely graphic and yes that temp. war has begun here too!

  • sjhackney

    Well, I can't think about the AC yet. This morning it was in the low 40's when we awoke. But the sun is shining. We usually go from winter straight into hot, hot, HOT! I love the french pic. Thanks, Sally

  • Julia

    Me: I've gotta open the windows, I need some fresh air, it's to hot in here.
    Him: I hate the wind! Don't open those windows, I like it hot and stuffy. If it was up to me we'd have no window's at all...

    So you are not alone!

  • Anvilcloud

    I believe this cool/hot seesaw must affect most couples of a certain age.

  • rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her

    I don't do AC ... but then again, I live in New England. :) Though far too many folks seem to embrace it here as well. Hmph, indeed.

    Stay cool!

  • Anonymous

    we only use the AC if it gets over 100, otherwise its open windows and screened doors...(gotta keep the critters in)its not humid here....dry desert type conditions.....but it does get smokin' hot in the summers....usually about 105 or so.....good times for bleaching out linens on the grass....

  • Lois Christensen

    I am not a huge summer fan. I love the spring and cooler fall temps much better. It seems we have gone straight to summer, in the 80's the past few days and I was actually thinking of putting the AC on, but I just have the windows open and the ceiling fans going.

    What a beautiful picture that is!!! Very nice!

  • Marjorie (Molly) Smith

    Well, I for one love the open windows and ceiling fans, but we live in MS, enough said...100=115, with the humidity..besides DH is allergic to pollen, grass, you name it, sometimes I thing he's allergic to himself...grrrrr... so we (he) opts for the air all day. You just can't survive in the mid summer in Mississippi without AC.
    Molly

  • The Joy of Nesting

    OWG Rosey here,

    I do believe I hear the soft whispers of the approaching hormonal storms :) Knit him a sweater and tell him to get use to it :)

    Pattie ;)
    Mazatlan Mx.

  • Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life

    Oh, I like this one too!!

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...