Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Sunday, April 18

Unusual Rain Here, and Some Simple Graphics

Banner Haus News and Musings

We are setting records here for rain. An inch and a fourth in one day, and five days of clouds, with five more expected. Very odd! But there are wildflowers blooming! By the hundreds! All along the railroad tracks. Hurrah!

Free Graphics fer You

Here is a simple sidebar "Welcome" graphic done in the style I call "European Rustic."

And, a Mother's Day sidebar reminder, from an altered vintage image.

Right-click to save any graphic. Don't fergit you can use free services such as photobucket.com or picnik.com or other online graphics editors to add type, change size, add things, etc. to any graphics you find!




11 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Debra

    I love this mornings graphics!!
    Good you are getting rain- help that squash plant grow- hope you get some sun soon- good for the spirit!!

  • ★Carol★

    I love that little gal reminding one and all when Mother's Day is! And somehow I don't think your cloudy days are what you were referring to when you said the sun was going to go all wonky, is it? If nothing else, I bet all of that rain is making those wildflowers extremely happy!

  • Dawn

    Thanks for the reminder!

    I think you would like that movie Holly. Did you watch the trailer? I liked it more than my daughter did. It really wasn't just a kid's movie. I thought I was going to have to go back and see it alone 'cause my daughter needed to use the restroom just as the climax was starting. We ran there and ran back and still got to see enough of the conclusion to make me happy. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD.
    Hugs,
    Dawn

  • Linda @ A La Carte

    Great graphics today! Wish we could have some of your rain. Our pollen count is so high!

  • Amrita

    Hi Holly, So glad you are getting rain. Its much needed here my dear.

    Oh Mother 's day is that early. We don' t celebrate it in India, but many western minded people ( like me ) do.

  • sjhackney

    That little gal in pink is so cute. Soon you'll be wishin' for rain when in gets so hot. Have a nice Sunday. Sally

  • Carmen S.

    Awesome graphics and I'm so glad you have wildflowers blooming there in the desert:)We had snow yesterday:(

  • Doris Sturm

    Wow - all that rain - we had a lot too and I think that's why I'm smelling mold in my apartment and it's giving me a headache, only I can't figure out where it's coming from :-(

    I love today's graphics - thank you, I will post the Mother's Day one on my blog to help remind everyone ;-)

    Have a wonderful day, m'lady!

  • Mary | Deep South Dish

    Wish it would rain here - one, we need it, and two, it'd give me a break from the burners.

    Say. Why in the world was there a brand new bike in the trash compactor at Walmart? You've had me curious about that one!

    Hope you're having a nice Sunday.

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    How neat that you get to experience the color and lushness that the rain is giving...odd or not..it's a real gift!
    Really darling graphics today.
    Thanks Tootsie.
    Jim will be in Houston in the morning!

  • The Joy of Nesting

    OWG, Rosey here,

    Hmmmm the weather this year gets curiouser and curiouser!!! perhaps it's all because of this being an El Nino year??? It certainly will be interesting to see the change in the weather patterns from the volcano eruption in Iceland, yes???

    Be sure to press a few of those fleeting short lived wildflowers!

    Pattie ;)
    Mazatlan Mx.

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...