Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Tuesday, June 1

Lil' Gal to Say Hello

Banner Haus News and Musings

It's JUNE! *scream* No way!

Something got my Hubbard Squash plants. And I was in a contest with a dear bloggie fren, too, bragging on how I was going to get the biggest squash, first squash, etc. Went out to water them, and THEY WAS GONE.

Not even a nub left. So I decided to dig up the yam and see how it was doing. GONE! Nothing there, and then some! Frankly, I think I was digging it up too often, checking it, and it was getting a mite tattered-lookin. Be that as it may, I suspect ALIEN INVOLVEMENT in its disappearance. The danged space aliens undoubtedly saw me dig it up one day, hovered the flying saucer (SAUCER -- see, their minds are on our FOOD), and saw the squash plants, too. The wretches are stealing all our best vegetables! I'm serious.

Well, I was going to start musing about lil' socks with pom-poms on the heel, tennis whites, and some other junk, but suddenly decided that really, I'm quite sick of my own remarks. And shaken up over the vegetable-plant thefts.

Free Real Vintage Photograph

Here is a bit of altered art. I thought this gal was mighty pretty. She has a lil' plump nose...another bloggie fren has that kind of nose, it's really cute.


19 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Bernie

    Are you serious Holly, someone actually raided your garden.......oh I hope not.
    Have a wonderful June my friend....:-) Hugs

  • Home and Heart

    She is adorable! Thank you!

  • Mary | Deep South Dish

    See? That's exactly what happens when I think about braggin' over anything. Seriously though, I always thought that squash was always the easiest thing to grow based on every body else's bounty, but me? No! I get the danged squash bugs destroying mine. I decided not to grow any this year and don't know you, one of the volunteer plants I pulled out of the compost pile and stuck in the garden, appears to be some kind of vining squash!

    Now. As far as plants that just flat out disappear without a trace, that's pretty wild.

  • Simply Debbie

    TOP OF THE EARLY MORNIN' TO YOU HOLLY,
    BEAUTIFUL GRAPHIC, THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH.
    GOING TO BED.
    WE SPENT QUITE A WHILE AT AMY'S RESTING PLACE TODAY WITH MOTHER AND MY BROTHER. THERE WERE SO MANY PEOPLE AND THE GRAVES WERE SO BEAUTIFUL. ONE LADY HAD BROUGHT ANOTHER DOG STATUE TO HER DAD'S GRAVE AS 2 HAVE BEEN STOLEN. AMY HAD ALWAYS WANTED TO GO TO IRELAND AND (WE ARE PART IRISH) AND A NURSE MY MOTHER WORKS WITH WENT HOME TO IRELAND FOR VACATION AND BROUGHT HOME IRISH SOIL MADE SPECIFICALLY FOR GRAVES AND SO FORTH. WE MIXED IT WITH THE SOIL AT THE FOOT OF AMY'S GRAVE
    WE THEN WENT OUT TO LUNCH. IT WAS FUN....WE LEFT AT 10:00 AM AND CAME HOME ABOUT 3:00PM.
    I HOPE YOUR DAY WENT WELL...YOU PROBABLY HAVE A SQUASH BUG???????
    LOVE, HUGS AND BLESSINGS
    SIMPLY DEBBIE

  • Carmen S.

    Ah yes, I used to love wearing the little ankle socks with the pompoms, wonder why they don't sell them anymore???? Sorry about the aliens stealing your squash, honestly, they are so ruthless:(

  • Carmen S.

    P.s...although I do like my son's GF, I agree the stress would be a tad less without her in the whole mix:)

  • Debra

    Oh Holly ! I am so sorry that something got your plants! May have been a ground hog! They will eat anything and everything- as for the sweet potato- it may have rotted away!
    I really love today's graphic!

  • Sweet Sue

    Mornin Holly, we've enough critters to destroy everything around here. Sorry about your squash, go out and yell at the garden, maybe you'll feel better:)

  • Amrita

    Hi Holly sorry about the squash. The ALIENS got a lot of my veggies too - thye laser blast them it seems LOL.

    The welcome sign is very cute. Lovely shy look she 's got

  • OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts

    If you were to ask the children of my child (you see I did not use the G word) what got your veggie plants, they would tell you it's a gob stopper beetle...willie wonka mets nature world. We had some delightful invasion in our veggie/flower garden and that's what they determined was the culprit....? Not sure what it looks like but stuff was just g o n e.
    So sorry the GSB is rampant in the western US, but I think you're right..aliens. Let's blame it on Roswell. Closer to you than me but kinda in the middle. tee hee

  • Doris Sturm

    Do you have neighbors or pranksters living nearby that could have gotten that squash? That would irk me! I take my veggies very seriously, especially when I grow them myself...heads must fly....off with their heads (as the Queen of Hearts would shout!)

    Uoooommmmmm - let's medidate!

  • Crystal

    Oh no, Holly!
    This really sounds like the work of the one-eyed, one-horned, flying, purple, Hubbard Squash Plant eater!!!

    LOL

    *Very* sweet altered image - thank you so much for all you do to bring them to us! :-)

    Hugs, Crystal

  • Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage

    I just popped in to say hello and see you've been robbed. Wretched aliens! I love squash! That's a pretty lady in the graphic! Have a wonderful day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

  • SueLovesCherries

    Yup, those darned aliens are all over the country! They ate my lettuce and broccoli sprouts even though they were fenced in. Need a roof, I guess.

  • Anonymous

    That gal sure is a cutie! Sorry about your squash and those blasted aliens. take care, Sally

  • Faith

    Feed an Alien..starve a bunny.....that is what gets us here at our place...the cute hoppers with the white fluffy tale...clear to the nub...one year..I bought fresh carrots with the greens on them and left them near the garden....by mornin the carrots were gone..and they didn't touch my mater's...

  • Ms Sparrow

    What a shame! After coddling your yam plant, you deserved to savor the flavor when it matured.
    Do possums eat yams?

  • Anvilcloud

    I advise that you don't often dig up your veggies to check on them. :)

  • Lois Christensen

    Sorry about your squash plants! Last year we tried to grow pumpkins and they were looking so good. So beautiful. I could see them decorating our front porch in the fall until something got into them and they just up and died. I feel your pain!!!

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...