Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Monday, June 14

Not A Fish Tale

Banner Haus News and Musings

Well, ol' Fatty Catfish did die. He was seven. That's not old for a catfish. I think he might have pined away. I had been meaning to get some more glass shrimp to put in there for company, but didn't get around to it, mainly because our fish store closed down. 

The guy who ran the fish store was really something else. When I meet someone who is very passionate about something and very sure of himself, I can't help but be mighty impressed. This guy was very brusque and abrupt, not to mention extremely large (not heavy, but LARGE) with totally wild hair and beard, wearing ancient huraches and dangerously worn cutoffs, but his eyes would light up when talking about the various fish and about the benefits of having mats of green hairy algae in the tanks. He would get so enthused about the benefits of algae (while glaring at the customers) that he'd drool copiously, but he never turned a hair about it. He really, really loved fish and algae mats.

I like to fish, but I fish with no bait, hook, nor string, just a pole. I haven't ever caught anything yet.

Vintage Sewing Clip Art

Here we have a lil' graphic taken from an old pattern. 
I like the mustardy color of the background.


12 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Linda @ A La Carte

    Sorry about your fish! Are you going to get another one?

  • Bernie

    I did smile when reading how you fished, not everyone fishes this way my friend. Was sorry to read about your catfish....gosh Holly I hate to read that anything or anyone has died.
    Have a great week my friend....:)Hugs

  • Mary | Deep South Dish

    Sorry to hear about your catfish. Sad.

    Wonder what happened to the fish store fella. Huraches. I remember when everybody wore those and I sure loved mine.

    I think that's mostly poking a stick in the water you silly thing. How ya gonna eat like that?!

  • Anonymous

    Sorry about your catfish. I don't catch much when I fish even with bait. So I might as well forgo the bait and just dangle a little line in the water. Thanks for the pic...it's sweet. So foggy and stormy today. It's kinda hard to start the week so gloomy. Chin up! Smiles, Sally

  • Carmen S.

    I'm sorry about the catfish, but don't go blaming yourself, who knows why, could be a number of things. I like the way you *fish*!

  • ★Carol★

    Now that your fishy is gone, I feel the need to know more about him. How did you get him? I know you didn't catch him, with your method of fishing, you silly goose! Did your son catch him? What was his name? And will you get another one?

  • Debra

    I am sorry to hear about your catfish- at least you had seven wonderful years together!
    I think you had better bait the hook if you want another one!
    Great vintage ggraphic!

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    Your fish monger sounds very interesting....as does your fish tale. So the catfish was in an inside tank? It must be hard to look at the empty tank. Your pole method sounds very unmenacing, and safe for the fish.
    Love today's graphic...the colors especially.
    Package arrived on Saturday, so quick!
    Thank you dear for the extra pair inside!
    My MIL will love your new designs. I'm wearing the shorty pair to work today!

  • Anvilcloud

    Something fishy is going on for sure.

  • Doris Sturm

    I'm sorry about your catfish...

    Gizzy loves to watch people fish and since I don't fish (don't want to kill and gut a fish) I was thinking about doing the pole with nothing else faux fishing thing...

    Take care and have a good week, m'lady! Stay cool!

  • Nydia

    Oh, sorry about the catfish, dear! He can't be replaced, but you should get another one?

    Kisses!

  • Amrita

    Sorry about the poor fish. Replace him asap, so that your don 't miss him too much. I hate thinking about pets dying.

    Enjoyed reading about the man at the fish store. Seems right out of the old western films I like- the Clint Eastwood types... you are an American Charles Dickens.

    If you use a pole to catch fish - you must be trying to spear them with it.

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...