Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Saturday, June 19

Big Hilda in Tears!

Now here we have quite a different view of Hilda than Duane Bryer's usual depictions.

It looks to me that she went down Memory Lane and has come across a packet of old love letters tied up with ribbon. Those corn squeezins in the lil' jug to the front prolly ain't helping her mood.

I don't know if I'm glad or sad that I threw all of mine out, once I discovered various men's perfidy.

Right-click to save. Regular-click to get a larger image to load.


11 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Bernie

    I often have wished I had kept some old letters, cards and poems.....poor Hilda, I hae to see her cry. Have a great weekend my friend.
    ........:-) Hugs

  • MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~

    Ahhhh don't cry sweet redhead....the memories are all in your heart forever...

  • Doris Sturm

    Have you noticed that sometimes Big Hilda looks like a different person? Her hair and face doesn't look like in some of the other drawings (older ones?)

    In any case, have a lovely weekend. I'm getting ready to go outside to walk with my Gizzy!

  • Carmen S.

    Oh the days of getting *love* letters, I so remember them even though they were a lifetime (or two) ago!

  • Anonymous

    Don't be sad big Hilda...we all love you! Have a great day Holly. Smiles, Sally

  • AkasaWolfSong

    My children will have nightmares when they go thru my things after I cross, lol. I have stuff stashed in all of my dresser drawers!

    Does Hilda always wear a bikini for cryin' out loud? buwahahahahahaha!

    She's a cutie Holly and thanks for sharing her!
    Blessings to You!

  • Debra

    Poor big Hilda- perhaps she should throw hers out too!!

  • Amrita

    I am close to tears too Holly, Aunt V is not well and my Pastor who handles her affairs and helps out is away on vacation. I 've got a post about this on my blog. Just feeling terrible right now.

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    I threw out all of my first wedding pics in '78, before getting divorced in '82!
    I do have all the cards/letters from Jim during our three month courtship though. Those could easily be wiped out as well if the wrong mood strikes. I agree, Hilda is reliving the moment, and look where it got her!?
    This is indeed a rare pic of our favorite gal.
    Big storms here last night, hope all is well in TX. Frankly, some of those corn squeezin's would be nice to have near today!!

  • Anvilcloud

    I don't have any history with Hilda, but she's beginning to grow on me.

  • Nydia

    I don't have anything from my ex's... Better not.
    I think it's the first time I see Hilda crying! I prefer when she's happy!

    Kisses and love from us.

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...