Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Tuesday, June 22

More Blog Future Musing and A Froggie Fer the Bloggie

I was so busy readin' everyone's comments from yesterday's post that I almost fergot to upload today's. A lot of insightful comments were posted, donkey frens.

I would like to clarify my post a bit. I'm not saying blogging ought to end, or that it's not a worthy endeavor, or that anyone is doing it fer anything but their own reasons. I'm saying I feel a vibe that it's changing more into micro-blogging fer most -- Facebook and Twitter. Those who stick with long-form blogging will likely carve a considerable niche fer themselves. But my vibe says, "Most don't care, the wind has changed fer them."

But the most popular folks on FB and Twitter will likely see it lead them back to a blog again. Then blogs will wane again. Round and round and round we go.

I'm just very restless, myself, lately. Sometimes when I think of my bloggie, I just want to spit.

Free Image Fer Blogs

Real frogs don't spit but our horny toads out here do. Spit blood out their eyes. I love 'em. 

Here's a free image created from a vintage illustration and colored. Right-click to save.


15 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Doris Sturm

    I know what you meant, m'lady - and I have felt it too - facebook is very convenient but to me it lacks the initmacy (if you can call it that) that a good blog can have...I'm happy establishing a few solid bloggie friendships and am not in it for the numbers, but the value it adds to my daily life - friends like you, dear lady - we don't speak every day, but I am sure glad you are in my life. I appreciate you and all you do - even if you want to spit sometimes. I know that feeling! My personal choice is spitting nails!
    Thanks for the froggie - I love frogs. Used to catch them out of my pond in Germany when I was a kid and then release them after I was done looking at them.

  • Simply Debbie

    HELLO HOLLY,
    THANK YOU FOR THE JAZZ FROG. AMY AND I BOTH LOVED FROGS. I FOUND A FROG WITH ANGEL WINGS THAT I WANT TO PUT ON HER RESTING PLACE BUT QUESTION IF IT WILL BE STOLEN. I HAVE HAD IT WITH GRAVE THIEFS.
    I KNOW IT HAS TO BE HOT THERE...TOMORROW OUR HEAT INDEX IS SUPPOSE TO BE 105 AND YOUR PLACE IS ALWAYS HOTTER THAN US.
    I THINK ABOUT THE POOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T EVEN HAVE A FAN AND A FAN JUST BLOWS AROUND THE HOT AIR.
    I LIKE DORIS, AND SO MANY OTHERS APPRECIATE YOU AND EVERYTHING YOU SILENTLY DO FOR PEOPLE IN BLOGLAND.
    MY PRAYERS CONTINUE FOR WILL AND CASS
    SENDING MUSHY LOVE AND HUGS
    SIMPLY DEBBIE

  • Dawn

    I missed yesterday's post, I'll have to go back and read it. I'm afraid I haven't been posting or visiting as much as I want but hope to get back to it soon. I miss doing it, things are just crazy right now. I do think things go in cylcles though, like you said. I tried twitter but it doesn't do anything for me and my facebook is just family. I Doris said it well!
    Hugs,
    Dawn

  • Debra

    You could be right- a cycle of back and forth between blogs and Facebook and Twitter may be in the future.
    Love that frog!

  • Carmen S.

    I love the frog, Kiah loves with the smaller toads we have around, she will follow them with her nose to their hind ends for endless amounts of time if she finds one:)

  • Anvilcloud

    Do you think the froggie is supposed to be a Kokopelli?

  • Faith

    F orever
    R ely
    O n
    G OD

  • Anonymous

    Hi Holly, I agree with what Dawn said. I use FB mostly for family. Blogs are where I've met new people. Thanks for the rockin' froggy. So stormy for us this week and really dark right now. Take care. Smile, Sally

  • Ms Sparrow

    I've been quite listless myslelf lately. I feel like I should be doing something else all the time. I wonder if it's a hangover from my office days when multitasking was a way of life. Or, maybe I just get so tired of being ME.

  • Holly, the Old Western Gal

    Oh Ms. Sparrow, I have to laugh. I get quite tired of being ME, too!

  • Crystal

    Hi Sweet Holly :-)

    You are always so perceptive. I agree that the blog world does seem to be in the middle of some sort of phase - and it's more than just a summer slow-down.

    Have blogs been around long enough to be going through puberty? Those are the toughest years! lol

    It will be interesting to see how it all sorts out...

    I hear ya on feeling restless... Daily blogging is both wonderful and very difficult - all at the same time!

    Having enough hours in a day is always the catch, isn't it.

    Thanks, as always, for provoking some thought! :-)

    Hugs,
    Crystal :-)

  • Knitty

    I don't want to see a frog or any other creature spit anything out of its eyes, thank you very much. This jazzy frog is kinda cute though. It looks like it could have originally been a wood cut image.

    On the blog vs twitter and facebook stuff...I think it is similar to Kindle and other devices for downloading books. They have their place, and some will wholeheartedly embrace them, but they don't appeal to me. I like the feel of a book in my hands.

    It is a good world that allows for multiple ways to stay connected. It is a better world for us bloggers who know we're the best and not the least big smug about it. ;-D

  • Anonymous

    One problem with FB and Twitter is their need for immediate attention and almost immediate feedback. Should I desire, and the blog is set up for it, I can comment on posts from a year ago. Not sure if anyone will read it, but I can express my response. On FB if I don't look at my wall, or a friend's wall, that day, I miss too much. There is no catch up time.

  • Amrita

    Oh thank goodness, you will continue blogging, I thought you were hinting that you were going to taper off.

    Th e power will go off so I better send this off. I love the amphibian

  • Julia

    In general, I think blogs will not wane, but just like all things, the sphere of people who frequent them changes. Some steadfast folks remain and new ones flitter in and out of the space. Summer is tough on mom bloggers with kids home from school, vacations etc. Postings overall are way down at blogs I follow.

    But I do not like twitter for the reasons you delineated. I must say that Facebook is not as dreadful, but has its issues.

    I have found I have reached carrying capacity on commenting on blogs, and over the past few months have scaled back dramatically, with only commenting once a week for most places that I follow. But twitter and facebook are not taking up the slack. Just life.

    With posting only once a week for the past few months, I also find that the core folks with whom I have "friended" in blogland still follow along. So it is possible to keep up an internet friendship on a reduced scale. But it's usually with other folks of the same mind frame.

    That's all I got!
    Hope your well otherwise.

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...