Pages

See Right Sidebar for List of Thousands of Safe, Free Images Perfect for Blogs, Scrapbooking, and More.


I'm not a Southern Beauty,
I'm not an Eastern rose;
I'm just a lil' Western Gal
With freckles on her nose.


Tuesday, June 15

Mysterious Squeaks, and Sew Vintage Clipart

Banner Haus News and Musings

My son called me out onto the back porch last night "to listen to a noise."

It was a very strange squeaking, and seemed to be coming from either the chimney or the attic just above.

"Squeak...squeak...squeeeaaaak...sqk..." very light and sweet, almost like lil' kittens, newborns.

I don't know if we have rat babies, squirrel babies, bat babies, or just what. The cats are mighty interested, but the area is well away from their reach.

Days of Yore Sewing Image

Fer someone who put down the embroidery needle years ago, I sure am posting a lot of sewing-related art. Mayhap the days of needing to sew are coming again?


14 bloggie frens have visited the Comment Corral:

  • Carmen S.

    I know bats can make a squeaking noise, we have them here every summer they somehow get behind the old aluminum siding on the garage and also behind the shutters, at dusk you can see them fly out, yikes, I afraid of them:(

  • LV

    I have had a noise problem for the past two weeks. I found it, but solving it is another issue. That is a lovely piece of embroidery. I have a lot linens and use them all over the house. I have an award for you if you will drop over to my house.

  • Knitty

    You keep us in stitches, so I don't believe you've ever actually stopped sewing. ;)

  • Anonymous

    This is such a sweet picture...thanks loads, Holly. maybe that squeaking will bring you some new "pets". So hot and humid here today, yuck. I guess it's just AC, kool-aid and movies for the kiddos today. Smiles, Sally

  • Crystal

    What a gorgeous image, Holly!

    Sewing supplies *and* roses in full bloom?

    Now, that's a little bit of heaven!

    Hugs,
    Crystal :-)

  • Anonymous

    I sure hope it's not rat babies. Oh, the thought gives me the willies..lol

  • Ms Sparrow

    Years ago in Home Ec class, I learned what ONT on a spool of thread means. I don't remember now.
    Do any of you remember?

    I hope you get to find out what your babies are.

  • ^..^Corgidogmama

    This is really a nice one...my MIL would love this one as she's an avid quilter and sewing is a daily activity for her.
    Wonder what the noise is....eerie, is it not?
    Bet it intrigues those kitties!

  • strawberrycream39

    You know, I heard weird squeaking sounds the other day. Hubby and I thought it was some type of baby animals in the woods. I heard it again today and it turns out it was just a catbird. Do you have those in TX? I hope you have a bunch of little kittens instead!

  • Holly, the Old Western Gal

    Ms. Sparrow, it means "Our New Thread" -- with "new" being around the time of the Civil War!!!

    Wish I could have had Home Ec...

    Jen, we DO have catbirds!!!

  • Bernie

    I love the roses, beautiful Holly. Have you figured out what "babies" you have there.
    ...........:-) Hugs

  • Amrita

    Your lovely sewing graphics are nudging me to do a post about my needlework class at the convent school with Sister Mariagoretti, a strict stern nun , she was a darling.

    Oh I hope they are not rats, everything else is preferable. Bats scare me too. We have tine ones zooming around. They sometimes come inside the house and we have to chase them out with a broom or towel, the dogs go crazy-the whole drama lasts for at leaqst half and hour.

  • Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage

    That's a pretty image, Holly! I hope you don't have rats or bats in your belfrey! Not that they bother me but most females are a bit paranoid of them. Just stopping by to say, 'Hello.'

    Blessings,
    Sandi

  • Janice

    Oooh, this is so pretty! I love it! I think the days of sewing might be returning also...along with a few other forgotten skills......

Post a Comment

The comment corral is open. Come on in, little donkeys...